Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    First you people were scared by the number 1.000.000 in crits..so that needed to be squished. Then ilv 1000 was scary, so that got squished. Now the number 130 scares you..Jesus..did you drop out of kindergarden before you learned to count to 10?

I am currently levelling a new character..and in barely 2 days I am lv 104. What exactly is going to be better about this if after 2 days you are lv 52?
    It means more dead levels to slog through.
    Blizzard won't ever add more talent rows, so that means when we hit expansion 14 and have a levelcap of 210, you'll have 110 levels of gaining nothing worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    When utility was meaningful / beyond immunity soak and aoe stuns.
    That and classes having a lot of unique tools that enabled them to have a choice in how they wanted to go about a fight when it came to throughput.
    Now it's just a railroad, never deviating, never interesting.

at this point nothing, cause i'm not buying

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they pull the plug.

And instead announce a new mmo either wow 2 or a new Ip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post
    Okay, so:

The new expansion is 99% to be announced at BlizzCon this year, so having spent a good chunk of time with Battle for Azeroth I think it’s time to make a few suggestions that I’d like to see. Some are going to be agreed, some are going to be disagreed, so please accept that this is a personal list and not a demand to developers that have a whole community to think of.

1. Squish the character level maximum.

Going to 130 simply increases the sheer redundancy of levels, while dropping it to 60 again means pretty much every level becomes meaningful with skills, talents and abilities. You should feel like you’ve achieved something when you ding, not when you ding 20 times. So, if that’s done…

2. Redesign classes with individuality.

Once you’ve got each level doing something, properly redesign classes to be unique to one another. The necessity for “BALANCE EVERYTHING” is no longer needed, given that it’s easier to level alternatives and most players run multiple classes as it is. Classes should be unique and different to one another, so make that happen. Meanwhile…

3. Get rid of the random gear procs.

Enough’s enough, guys. Come on. You shouldn’t be picking up an item, from any piece of content, and hoping to get lucky. Warforged gear was fun for a while, but now it’s a system that makes content redundant because of good luck, or makes players fed up because they get bad luck. My main remains behind two alts in item level because every update is either proccing badly, or trying to replace the sole two good items I already have. But with that…

4. Sort out World Quests.

It worked really well in Legion because it was a start, but it hasn’t developed… At all. For some reason the PvP and Honour options have been wholly removed, the quests are laughably similar across the board with little difference, and the reputation grinds need to be reduced from the extent that they’re currently at. If you sort this…

5. Don’t repeat the Alliance/Horde levelling zones.

I get why you tried it but, honestly, I really don’t like only having three zones to level in. I understand why you tried this out, and made all six zones technically available by trying to tell the level cap story across the board, but the reputation requirement stopped this from being controlled by players and that’s not much fun. If players again get the right number of zones…

6. Change flying to a player unlock.

Set up flying, and let the players unlock it rather than you randomly deciding when it happens. Honestly, you’ve built what the achievements are (explores, quests, reputations all done… Then wait) so let players fly once they’ve completed the achievement. You can do this with each zone you then release, given that you’ve made that work before, or you could build patch zones that encourage flight by using it. Once you manage this…

7. Get rid of the mission tabling.

It’s garbage. You’ve made it completely disinteresting because it’s so unimportant, and the “unlocked” benefits are equally naff. It wasn’t any fun during Draenor or Legion, and it’s remarkably been made even worse now. It’s not hooking anyone, it never hooked anyone, it’s never going to hook anyone. It’s time to retire it. If this is completed…

8. Sort out the needless difficulties.

Honestly, your PvE does not need the number of daft difficulties you’ve added. Dungeons should unlock the levelling ones as you go, all become Heroic at level cap, and Heroic+ for the time tests. Similarly, raids solely need to be “Normal” (first half Normal difficulty, second half Heroic) and Heroic 20-man. Not only does this remove needless difficulties across the board, it has a significant impact on item level inflation. So, if you fix group stuff…

9. Develop solo-player content.

I did the post that answered the question; everyone pretty much wants solo-content to be developed, so go ahead and do it. You could potentially replace LFR altogether if this type of concept was properly designed, and you could build a world where individuals have challenges that they won’t use random groups to complete quests from. You know it makes sense.

And… That’s it. It’s all I can think of for the time being. Sort out levelling, fix classes, sort out gear randomisation, fix World Quests, give players more zones, let us earn flying, get rid of meaningless tables, remove unnecessary difficulties and develop solo-content that can work alongside group stuff.

I’m pretty sure that would solve a lot of the current problems, but I’ve no doubt there’ll be significant disagreement.

Can't wait to read it.

Oh, and:

10. Collapse the Achievement numbers.

New players are NEVER going to catch up all of them. It's high time we turned old expansions into non-point achievements that are summarised, so that players can compete in the current system and actually aim to get themselves well numbered in the achievement system. Starting World of Warcraft, and being presented with thousands of achievements that the game is designed to skip, is just overtly needless. Time to sort that out.
    Replaceing or removeing LFR and forges is a big no no for me i would leave WoW and go to a different MMOrpg then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno..I like a "Ding" after 30 mins....with my alts it means...go to bed, done for the day.

Also x-pac 14 and levelcap 210? I like your optimism
    So you're fine with potentially spending 15 hours straight and the only reward you get is a "ding".
    Congratulations, you're probably on the spectrum, I'm glad you enjoy bells and whistles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Too bad I was there when this forum was burning with the hate of how shitty WotLK was...and a few year later how MoP was the worst shit ever.

Now these x-pacs regularely come out at the top when we vote for best x-pacs.

I totally have lost trust in player feedback and the forum posters on what makes a good game and how things should be....
    most of the hate from MOP was about the theme, and daily quests

like i said they can change the theme and i eat all the daily quests i can to get all other things, maybe it was not the best expansion, and had problems for sure, but i would rather get that again than everything in wod/legion/bfa

Also, there is the thing of "secure" i would rather get something i know i will like despite the bad things, than risk something new and get legion or bfa 2.0

Too bad I was there when this forum was burning with the hate of how shitty WotLK was...and a few year later how MoP was the worst shit ever.

Now these x-pacs regularely come out at the top when we vote for best x-pacs.

I totally have lost trust in player feedback and the forum posters on what makes a good game and how things should be....

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno..I like a "Ding" after 30 mins....with my alts it means...go to bed, done for the day.

Also x-pac 14 and levelcap 210? I like your optimism
    Well yes, there's the usual hilarious statements filled with hyperbole, such as "health of the game" (which we know nothing about in terms of numbers) and people just pulling the regular victim card where Blizz dun cares anymore.

As per usual on forums. But I think the OP at least is pretty nyuanced as far as MMO-C threads go. Of course, the thread is about wishes, we're not speaking in capacity of having any insight.

And of course, the cycle of current content being hated and older content being remembered fondly is ongoing. I bet BfA 2 years from now will be hailed as great compared to 9.0, regardless of whether it was a revert back to WOTLK standards (which would make me quit) or MoP standards (which would make me cheer).
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-04 at 10:36 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    1. Get Rid of Pruning:
    -Axe PvP talents, hand most of them back to baseline kits
    -Get rid of auxiliary progression systems (Artifacts, Azerite, etc.) roll certain abilities into baseline kits.

2. Remove Titanforging
    3. Flying at Max Level
    4. Roll World Quests into hubs
    5. Hire better writers so the story isn't a complete dumpster fire.

I could really go on, but #1 is the issue I'm really burning about at the moment. Granted, they don't seem to get it.
    I agree with all of this and would be 100% sold on the next expansion if Blizzard announced it.

Hope they will not be doubling down, and focusing on WoW Go or what their pokemon mobile clone will be called, instead of giving real good info on 8.3 / 9.0, after the whole Diablo thing, you just can't trust them anymore, however sad that is

If we're going to have level scaling, do it properly.
    Scale all content to level cap.

Destiny does such a good job with this. Each planet and mob has its own minimum requirements, but then scale all the way to cap. Leveling and gearing matter, mobs become easier, but even Level 1 Dregs can kill you if you're stupidly reckless. Nothing is ever truly outdated, new content is simply added to an ever-growing buffet of viable activities. Players don't ignore new content because of smartly designed reward systems luring them to new, exciting loot.

Right now, the leveling process is too haphazard and still funnels players through the same tired zones. Imagine how much better leveling would be if they said: Finish ten zones. ANY ten. The freedom to pick our path, much more so than today, would help alleviate the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    So you're fine with potentially spending 15 hours straight and the only reward you get is a "ding".
    Congratulations, you're probably on the spectrum, I'm glad you enjoy bells and whistles.
    "He's of a different opinion from me, quickly, I must insinuate that he's autistic!!!!".

Internet douchebaggery 101.

I don't actually agree with Flying at Max Level, I agree that it should take some time and effort, mainly getting Exalted with main reps, maybe a storyline and two, a dungeon or so - all doable within couple weeks after hitting max. But gating it for a year or so... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    "He's of a different opinion from me, quickly, I must insinuate that he's autistic!!!!".

Internet douchebaggery 101.
    As someone who's autistic, if you can spend 15 hours straight and only get satisfaction through a "ding" and some flashy lights, he's about as autistic as I am.

Don't assume things and actually try to comprehend the context given.

Next xpac could be the best ever with everything balanced and content for all kind of ppl, nolifers, weekend guys, or ppl playing 1-2h a day or less and ...people on mmo-champ will complain anyway xd I just love this website, so much fun <3

I agree with most of the things here. However I don't see much need to restructure the point system for Achievements.

One of the most vital things I think they can do at this point is to distance PVP from PVE in terms of gear progression and allow PVP players play the game how they want to.

As someone who's autistic, if you can spend 15 hours straight and only get satisfaction through a "ding" and some flashy lights, he's about as autistic as I am.

Don't assume things and actually try to comprehend the context given.
    That "logic" would suggest that everyone playing MMORPGs or indeed any games are on the spectrum, since we're all gaining satisfaction from pretty damned meaningless stuff.

As someone ALSO on the spectrum, I'm not satisfied by a ding and some flashy lights, but the things I am satisfied by in-game are equally meaningless in the grand scheme.
    Just because you're on the spectrum yourself doesn't make it OK to use it as a punchline, thus feeding its use as a stigma.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree with OP on most of it. Good post bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That "logic" would suggest that everyone playing MMORPGs or indeed any games are on the spectrum, since we're all gaining satisfaction from pretty damned meaningless stuff.

As someone ALSO on the spectrum, I'm not satisfied by a ding and some flashy lights, but the things I am satisfied by in-game are equally meaningless in the grand scheme.
    Just because you're on the spectrum yourself doesn't make it OK to use it as a punchline, thus feeding its use as a stigma.
    There's a difference between getting satisfaction from gaining character power, which is something tangible to a lot of people, compared to nothing but a soundqueue and a bright light.

And as someone on the spectrum, I wasn't aware that it was universally decided that I am not allowed to joke about how I function.
    Not that it even was a joke, it was an observation.
    If I told you that I am also gay, does that mean that I am now not allowed to make any sort of remark or joke that might be referring to homosexuality and/or sexual preferences?

I just don't fucking comprehend people that feel an urge to shove their foot into something they have nothing to do with in the first place.
    It's almost like it's some sort of pathological urge to somehow be in the limelight.

1: I want a level reduction. It silly that we are 120, and might be 130.
    2: I want flying from the start, fuck waiting a year to get to fly. let me fly from the start.
    3: I am sick and tired of titan forgeing... It not fun curseing good loot you get because it is not Titanforged.
    4: I want the next expation To be Old god releated, Return of the black empire.
    5: Fuck the mission table the rewards are laughable. oh really 320 gold if you get 200%.
    6: I want more abilitys.. i am sick and tired of Ability Pronning. Like HOW do we have Less abilitys then fucking ever..

There's a difference between getting satisfaction from gaining character power, which is something tangible to a lot of people, compared to nothing but a soundqueue and a bright light.

And as someone on the spectrum, I wasn't aware that it was universally decided that I am not allowed to joke about how I function.
    Not that it even was a joke, it was an observation.
    If I told you that I am also gay, does that mean that I am now not allowed to make any sort of remark or joke that might be referring to homosexuality and/or sexual preferences?
    Tangible to a lot of people, still equally meaningless. No matter how you spin it, whatever someone gives a shit about or gathers satisfaction from in this game, is equally OK and equally meaningless.

I was not aware that being on the spectrum makes us experts able to diagnose others? You use it as a punchline against someone you disagree with, not in the capacity of a professional. You can be gay and use homosexuality as a punchline too, but seeing as how it's already used as a way to put people down and stigmatize, I don't see how anyone actually in that group would want to.

Joking about it with people on the same page is different, naturally. I don't buy that as an excuse in your case commenting det though.