Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post
    Okay, so:

The new expansion is 99% to be announced at BlizzCon this year, so having spent a good chunk of time with Battle for Azeroth I think it’s time to make a few suggestions that I’d like to see. Some are going to be agreed, some are going to be disagreed, so please accept that this is a personal list and not a demand to developers that have a whole community to think of.

1. Squish the character level maximum.

Going to 130 simply increases the sheer redundancy of levels, while dropping it to 60 again means pretty much every level becomes meaningful with skills, talents and abilities. You should feel like you’ve achieved something when you ding, not when you ding 20 times. So, if that’s done…

2. Redesign classes with individuality.

Once you’ve got each level doing something, properly redesign classes to be unique to one another. The necessity for “BALANCE EVERYTHING” is no longer needed, given that it’s easier to level alternatives and most players run multiple classes as it is. Classes should be unique and different to one another, so make that happen. Meanwhile…

3. Get rid of the random gear procs.

Enough’s enough, guys. Come on. You shouldn’t be picking up an item, from any piece of content, and hoping to get lucky. Warforged gear was fun for a while, but now it’s a system that makes content redundant because of good luck, or makes players fed up because they get bad luck. My main remains behind two alts in item level because every update is either proccing badly, or trying to replace the sole two good items I already have. But with that…

4. Sort out World Quests.

It worked really well in Legion because it was a start, but it hasn’t developed… At all. For some reason the PvP and Honour options have been wholly removed, the quests are laughably similar across the board with little difference, and the reputation grinds need to be reduced from the extent that they’re currently at. If you sort this…

5. Don’t repeat the Alliance/Horde levelling zones.

I get why you tried it but, honestly, I really don’t like only having three zones to level in. I understand why you tried this out, and made all six zones technically available by trying to tell the level cap story across the board, but the reputation requirement stopped this from being controlled by players and that’s not much fun. If players again get the right number of zones…

6. Change flying to a player unlock.

Set up flying, and let the players unlock it rather than you randomly deciding when it happens. Honestly, you’ve built what the achievements are (explores, quests, reputations all done… Then wait) so let players fly once they’ve completed the achievement. You can do this with each zone you then release, given that you’ve made that work before, or you could build patch zones that encourage flight by using it. Once you manage this…

7. Get rid of the mission tabling.

It’s garbage. You’ve made it completely disinteresting because it’s so unimportant, and the “unlocked” benefits are equally naff. It wasn’t any fun during Draenor or Legion, and it’s remarkably been made even worse now. It’s not hooking anyone, it never hooked anyone, it’s never going to hook anyone. It’s time to retire it. If this is completed…

8. Sort out the needless difficulties.

Honestly, your PvE does not need the number of daft difficulties you’ve added. Dungeons should unlock the levelling ones as you go, all become Heroic at level cap, and Heroic+ for the time tests. Similarly, raids solely need to be “Normal” (first half Normal difficulty, second half Heroic) and Heroic 20-man. Not only does this remove needless difficulties across the board, it has a significant impact on item level inflation. So, if you fix group stuff…

9. Develop solo-player content.

I did the post that answered the question; everyone pretty much wants solo-content to be developed, so go ahead and do it. You could potentially replace LFR altogether if this type of concept was properly designed, and you could build a world where individuals have challenges that they won’t use random groups to complete quests from. You know it makes sense.

And… That’s it. It’s all I can think of for the time being. Sort out levelling, fix classes, sort out gear randomisation, fix World Quests, give players more zones, let us earn flying, get rid of meaningless tables, remove unnecessary difficulties and develop solo-content that can work alongside group stuff.

I’m pretty sure that would solve a lot of the current problems, but I’ve no doubt there’ll be significant disagreement.

Can't wait to read it.

Oh, and:

10. Collapse the Achievement numbers.

New players are NEVER going to catch up all of them. It's high time we turned old expansions into non-point achievements that are summarised, so that players can compete in the current system and actually aim to get themselves well numbered in the achievement system. Starting World of Warcraft, and being presented with thousands of achievements that the game is designed to skip, is just overtly needless. Time to sort that out.
    You forgot redo professions entirely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Meh...I never could buy into this argument. How does the game "become coping "kung fu panda" and how asian theme do not combine with wow"? First off, it is dumb as hell, because Pandaren were a part of Warcraft (the game before WoW and BEFORE Kung Fu Panda) and hoes does an "asian theme" not fit WoW, but every other (pop) cultural reference does? Inuit, Mayan, Egyptian, Pirates, Demons, Spacegoats, Zombies, really...just look at what is in WoW.....yet somehow THAT ONE THING is not WoW?
    i dunno man, it was the most hate towards mop, people were just lashing because they want it a "medieval theme" and fluffy pandas is a no no to then

But the lore was super cool, different but cool, we had more things than just pandas, remember the green fire quests for warlock? that was awesome, and i naively tough it would be something every other class would get later

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    1. Continue to increase the character level.

we don't need a level squish or paragon levels. Leveling takes 2 days /played at most and players get a boost with the expansion to catch up if they're behind. What we need is a cosmetic reward system similar to honor levels.

2. Expand on random gear procs.

titanforging is good for the game and so are tertiary stats. Add more, specifically some that benefit leveling alts. A couple of examples could be +exp on leveling gear(though not as much as hairlooms obviously) and decrease on rez timer.

3. Add world quests to low level zones.

not for max level players (though that would be good too), but for low level characters as another sporadic means of gaining exp to mix up the usual questing/dungeoning.

4. Expand on the mission table system.

add missions that affect the world around you by temporarily granting you a buff in a certain zone or opening up certain parts of a zone that are particularly lucrative. Make it a more meaningful choice as well. Three missions come up, all with decent benefits, but you're only able to pick one of them.

5. Continue to add more achievements and achievement rewards.

achievements are a great incentive for new players to go back and take a look at old content.

6. Player housing.

self-explanatory. It isn't the mop farm and it isn't garrisons. It's player housing.

7. Get rid of the faction divide for pve and rp purposes.

again, self-explanatory. Even world pvp and arenas should have a ffa option that lets you ignore factions. Battlegrounds are the only place the faction divide makes any sense.
    nononnono no no no
    no

no
    no
    nooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post
    Okay, so:

The new expansion is 99% to be announced at BlizzCon this year, so having spent a good chunk of time with Battle for Azeroth I think it’s time to make a few suggestions that I’d like to see. Some are going to be agreed, some are going to be disagreed, so please accept that this is a personal list and not a demand to developers that have a whole community to think of.

1. Squish the character level maximum.

Going to 130 simply increases the sheer redundancy of levels, while dropping it to 60 again means pretty much every level becomes meaningful with skills, talents and abilities. You should feel like you’ve achieved something when you ding, not when you ding 20 times. So, if that’s done…

2. Redesign classes with individuality.

Once you’ve got each level doing something, properly redesign classes to be unique to one another. The necessity for “BALANCE EVERYTHING” is no longer needed, given that it’s easier to level alternatives and most players run multiple classes as it is. Classes should be unique and different to one another, so make that happen. Meanwhile…

3. Get rid of the random gear procs.

Enough’s enough, guys. Come on. You shouldn’t be picking up an item, from any piece of content, and hoping to get lucky. Warforged gear was fun for a while, but now it’s a system that makes content redundant because of good luck, or makes players fed up because they get bad luck. My main remains behind two alts in item level because every update is either proccing badly, or trying to replace the sole two good items I already have. But with that…

4. Sort out World Quests.

It worked really well in Legion because it was a start, but it hasn’t developed… At all. For some reason the PvP and Honour options have been wholly removed, the quests are laughably similar across the board with little difference, and the reputation grinds need to be reduced from the extent that they’re currently at. If you sort this…

5. Don’t repeat the Alliance/Horde levelling zones.

I get why you tried it but, honestly, I really don’t like only having three zones to level in. I understand why you tried this out, and made all six zones technically available by trying to tell the level cap story across the board, but the reputation requirement stopped this from being controlled by players and that’s not much fun. If players again get the right number of zones…

6. Change flying to a player unlock.

Set up flying, and let the players unlock it rather than you randomly deciding when it happens. Honestly, you’ve built what the achievements are (explores, quests, reputations all done… Then wait) so let players fly once they’ve completed the achievement. You can do this with each zone you then release, given that you’ve made that work before, or you could build patch zones that encourage flight by using it. Once you manage this…

7. Get rid of the mission tabling.

It’s garbage. You’ve made it completely disinteresting because it’s so unimportant, and the “unlocked” benefits are equally naff. It wasn’t any fun during Draenor or Legion, and it’s remarkably been made even worse now. It’s not hooking anyone, it never hooked anyone, it’s never going to hook anyone. It’s time to retire it. If this is completed…

8. Sort out the needless difficulties.

Honestly, your PvE does not need the number of daft difficulties you’ve added. Dungeons should unlock the levelling ones as you go, all become Heroic at level cap, and Heroic+ for the time tests. Similarly, raids solely need to be “Normal” (first half Normal difficulty, second half Heroic) and Heroic 20-man. Not only does this remove needless difficulties across the board, it has a significant impact on item level inflation. So, if you fix group stuff…

9. Develop solo-player content.

I did the post that answered the question; everyone pretty much wants solo-content to be developed, so go ahead and do it. You could potentially replace LFR altogether if this type of concept was properly designed, and you could build a world where individuals have challenges that they won’t use random groups to complete quests from. You know it makes sense.

And… That’s it. It’s all I can think of for the time being. Sort out levelling, fix classes, sort out gear randomisation, fix World Quests, give players more zones, let us earn flying, get rid of meaningless tables, remove unnecessary difficulties and develop solo-content that can work alongside group stuff.

I’m pretty sure that would solve a lot of the current problems, but I’ve no doubt there’ll be significant disagreement.

Can't wait to read it.

Oh, and:

10. Collapse the Achievement numbers.

New players are NEVER going to catch up all of them. It's high time we turned old expansions into non-point achievements that are summarised, so that players can compete in the current system and actually aim to get themselves well numbered in the achievement system. Starting World of Warcraft, and being presented with thousands of achievements that the game is designed to skip, is just overtly needless. Time to sort that out.

4. I am so sick of world quest already if they aren't going to lay out flying anytime, imagine doing that to ur multiple characters for wq plus they are random rewards, it's tiring and non fucking fun. Make it something that is def worthy to our eyes like 1k coins WQ once a while or greater rewards. Just a thought.

7. MISSION TABLING needs to go ALL TOGETHER WASTEFUL SOURCE IN THE GAME. WAS GOOD IN WOD BUT NOW IT'S USELESS.

8. Make Mythic Flexible 10-25 man great again plz. 20 man isn't that Wowzers, only stupid fucks think of that, Before you throwing out "Blizzard cannot balance it and blah blah blah blah." Hold on to that, Remember this... Blizzard muititititititititititi BILLIONARIES company that could HIRE so much people to adjust and balance out. Stop white knighting their bullshit excuses.

9. SOLO PLAYER CONTENT... I SO FUCKING WANT THIS already. Plz not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    nononnono no no no
    no

no
    no
    nooooooo
    yesyesyesyes

yes
    yes
    yes
    yes

yesssssssssss

It's almost like Blizzard has to try to design a game for a ridiculously varied playerbase and no answer is "right" because someone will always disagree.

At least make the story decent.. please.

That the game is heading straight for mobile-scam and live-service hell is obvious, that is the whole damn industry, but at least stop resorting to the retard stick for plot development.

Azerite system gone.
    Better and more rewarding profession system.
    Cut down a bit on how many sources we get gear from.
    More solo-play like the Mage-Tower.
    Either improve mission-table so it's useful like in Legion, or remove it all together.
    Class/Tier sets back.
    Horde/Alliance having same story again, same zones etc.

1.) Raids and dungeons soloable with NPCs from your mission table
    2.) Follwers being real companions who join you in quests and instanced content, who you may use to do farming mats
    3.) Let players chose what they want to play without any progression exclusivity from one component only (e.g. locking rewards behind dungeons or raids only)
    4.) Dungeons flex 1-10
    5.) Raids flex 1-25

I agree with all. Mostly the homogenization.

I have more to add:
    1. Islands
    - Change island expeditions to specific.
    - Scaling to the current level.
    - Having a option to choose what kind of population you want to have on that specific island.
    - Changed to points and not any kind of AP grind or related to gear
    - RNG and Dubloons untouched. RNG still in the table for mounts, transmogs and pets.
    - Random treasure that contains gold hidden in the islands that has pirates, from 200g to 400g..

2. Professions
    - BoE's being crafted again. This way we can have more resources to make gold and help alts to get equipped.
    - Inscription milling proc equally for all herbs and with the same inks but maintaining the number of how many you will create will be surprise factor = RNG

- NEW SYSTEM:

Inscription, enchanting and Jewelcrafting could work together and instead of aesthetic purposes only in inscription.
    Enchanting professions could create an enchant that would be modified by inscription and turned into a glyph, having a tab of glyphs for armor-type where you don't need to add to the piece directly. The same for gems.

They could be selled on the auction house but wouldn't have the option to apply to the gear. Only Inscriptionists could use that enchant scroll and place a sigil in the scroll modifying them into glyphs, able to be applied into the slots of glyphs and sell them too on the Auction House.

Crystals can already be selled on the Auction House and can't be turned into a gem without Jewelcrafting, so the Jewelcrafter would create the gem -> put on the auction house -> Inscriptionist would buy -> Inscriptionist would turn into a glyph -> Inscriptionist would sell in the Auction House.

Only inscription sigils would have the capacity to turn it usable.

Instead of directly placed in the gear, the glyphs will be added to the slot-type for hands, cloak, feet, etc.
    This way having a glyph-enchant-gem on the armor-type it would prevent you for buying another enchant every time you get a new piece of gear.

The Aesthetic ones related to the class would still exist and be able to added directly to the ability.

Sketch:

3. Mission table and professions

- If not removed, being able to go on a mission finding crystals for Jewelcrafting, herbs and nodes as a "Rare" spawn mission, having a bonus up to 100% chance of bringing additional materials. It would be cool if sometimes you could take one day off from farming and letting your followers do a adventure in the world to find materials for you.

4. Mythic Plus
    - Being able to select affixes. Even tho that idea was scrapped, i still like it.
    - Give a Limit per day to do M+. Around 15 is the maximum.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-05 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I don't care about the amount of time played, but rather what you get with each level.
    Back when we had the 51 point talent tree, sure you didn't get much each level but you got something each level.

Now we're down to getting that "something" once every 15 levels, and since they've also been pruning abilities, we get less abilities when leveling up aswell.
    Ret Paladins for example, get two baseline abilities between lvl 75 and 120.
    How can people like you not wrap your head around the fact that IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. Whether you level up 5 levels in an hour or one level in an hour, you get the same reward for time spent, so what in the fuck is the difference? Is your mind so feeble it feels like those 4 levels where you didn't get a new talent is tearing you apart? it literally does not matter in any way, so why waste time and resources changing it. Unless they are also reducing the total time taken to max level

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    How can people like you not wrap your head around the fact that IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. Whether you level up 5 levels in an hour or one level in an hour, you get the same reward for time spent, so what in the fuck is the difference? Is your mind so feeble it feels like those 4 levels where you didn't get a new talent is tearing you apart? it literally does not matter in any way, so why waste time and resources changing it. Unless they are also reducing the total time taken to max level
    They could just make a little tweak when to give us interrupts, they are needed badly in some dungeons, to stop healing mobs to heal themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    4 levels?
    Did you just ignore everything in the comment and just switched it out with whatever your mind decided would be a reasonable amount?

Secondly, you're trying to pass off subjective as objective.
    It's like me saying that your opinion makes you objectively retarded, but it is merely my subjective opinion of your facetious comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    4 levels?
    Did you just ignore everything in the comment and just switched it out with whatever your mind decided would be a reasonable amount?

Secondly, you're trying to pass off subjective as objective.
    It's like me saying that your opinion makes you objectively retarded, but it is merely my subjective opinion of your facetious comment.
    C'mon guys, don't start arguing on a thread that is about the suggestions and not a war field.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just want a fresh-start kinda like a GW2 fresh start that deletes factions or at least relegates them to being entirely background and optional so I can play with all my friends.

Oh and while we're at it remove most if not all transmog restrictions and this last wish is a bit self-indulgent but I'd like them to remove race/class restrictions too.

I feel like all of these are sorely needed to modernize WoW and make it not feel so archaic and clunky when coming back from newer games.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I like what they did with the mission table in BFA, which is to say they nerfed its relevance into something that's just another way to gain some minor ap/rep, but it still exists for whoever wants it. I'd probably prefer it was removed, but at least they moved in that direction

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of titanforging completely and i'd probably come back. One can only deal with shit luck for so long while watching everyone else in the guild get fat forges all the time.

Really there number one priority should be making classes feel enjoyable, when a lot of the classes play terrible and half them feel unviable at high end content it really kills your motivation to play.
    It doesnt matter how good the rest of the game is , if your class feels bad to play.

Make proffesions relevant, i dont care if there imbalanced, but brong back old school profession where each one gave an advantage - jc prismatic gems, herbalists the mini heal etc.

Stop designing "timed" content, im sick of half the content i play being on a timer , a big reason that i dont enjoy m+ and island expeditions, is the constant go go go.

At this point id say just get rid of factions and join all the races together so we can play with everyone, i really want to play alliance but it feels bad knowing id just make life harder for myself in terms of guilds/groups because all the high end players are on horde.

And thats the big problem, thats your list for a healthy game, doesnt mean others have the same priorities on their list.

For me i would like flying totaly removed, and i dont mind a mission table if its like it is now, more of a side thing that doesnt really effect you if you dont feel like using it.

And spend time and effort on solo player content in a online Mmo feels like a big waste or time and resources.

Why Collapse the Achievement numbers, New players are not meant to catch up easy, its a e-peen number if they really care that much about Achievements and if they focus on doing those when they play they will catch up in the end but it wont be quick or easy.

The Alliance/Horde starting levelling zones i really like the way its been done, gives you a little time to catch up and adjust with class changes before you start getting attacked by other players.

And sure the classes should be made more unique but balance is very much still needed with how obsessed everyone is with damage done or healing done and also still one of the biggest problems.

And this is just part of my list and im sure alot of people will not agree with it and have their own list that looks nothing like mine and thats the biggest problem, you cant please everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just hope they put the 'wow' back into the next expac, i didnt feel excited for BfA at all and just havent felt any of the magic that i did with previous expacs. Loathe as I am to say it, i miss part of Legion.

Lots of room for improvement but it has gone downhill over the years, the optimist in me keeps hoping for the next magical expac though

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck off with removing of WF/TF. It is a great feature imo.