Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will get decimated very soon after people start hitting 60. Considering as a 40 man raid in Vanilla you could have 15 people afk and still get through with relative ease.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    Retail players are just used to the game being much more forgiving of mistakes nowadays. Classes back then didn't have defensive/self healing and massive cooldowns as they do now. Also the recovery after wipes has been made much easier and simpler.
    That's because there are generally far more mechanics to possibly mess up. You don't need to be forgiving of mistakes when you have 1 mechanic that without being braindead anyone should be able to successfully complete.

It will most likely be cleared very soon by people who know what they're doing.

However, if I remember how ridiculously bad most groups running the 10 year World of Warcraft event "Molten Core at level 100", I doubt it'll be as easy to pug as some people here think it is. Then again, most of the people who pugged "Molten Core at level 100" will probably never make it to max level in Classic, so perhaps it will be easier, simply because whoever makes it that far in Classic probably knows what they're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

I think we'll be seeing the whole spectrum. There's going to be guilds from those horrible unethical pservers and veterans from retail that will rush to 60 and obliterate everything because they don't have to really learn anything (class mechanics, boss mechanics, strats, etc). There will be some pugs that fail and leave everyone angry. There will be some pure first-timers and others who didn't experience much of it before, and I imagine some guilds that take a few (or maybe several) tries to be able to clear it, but I'd guess that on the whole it will seem relatively easier than it was the first time around.

I expect that the biggest issue for most people with Classic is going to be the time it takes to get stuff done. It's hard to overemphasize how much longer everything took in that version of the game. I think the Baron timer in Strat was like 45 minutes, and it felt like a mad dash. If you were in a modern dungeon run that took 45 minutes, people would be outraged. For some of the Vanilla 5-mans, it could take that long to fill a group, almost that long again to get everyone to the meeting stone, and almost that long again to get to the instance portal to start the dungeon. But by the time anyone gets to 60, they will have made their piece with that.

But I do wonder if we'll see more multi-night situations for PuG raids, or maybe even guild raids, although I have to imagine that most of the guilds with any organization at all will be able to cruise through most of the raids in quicker sessions than before. I guess the 40-man raid size could be a complication, though.

I think will be easy this days . Simple mechanics and people know the best gear and rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that saddens me about classic servers is that you can't erase our memories of them. They will be ALOT of fun, but the game will feel so easy compared to back in the day.

In the time Naxx was up in vanilla, I read somewhere that only like 1-2% of all guilds cleared it. Please correct me if I am wrong. I fear it will be more like 50% after the same amount of time Naxx being live has passed in classic :/

I think the raid that you can kill with half the group dead will fall pretty quick.

Rep grind for the runes might be meh

Assuming there's any guilds interested in raiding it will be cleared within the first day they step in there.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What source? He didn't provide a source. I get that you are trying to be condescending, however, a source is when you provide an actual link of where to see the original, not just "nah he said it, trust me bro". So no, its not a source, technically or otherwise. And there ABSOLUTELY is a way to provide actual data, people just dont want to spend the time digging through all the data and breaking it down.

laughed so fucking hard at your "99%" comment. Jesus that's good stuff.
    Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I could litreally copy paste my entire comment and post it again and it would be fitting to ur new comment. fucking hell your one thick nugget.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Assuming there's any guilds interested in raiding it will be cleared within the first day they step in there.
    If they play for 20 hours straight, sure. Super-organized uber nerds whom have cleared it 10+ times before on fresh servers will do it way faster ofcourse. Realisticly though, it will take average semi-hardcore guilds 3-4 weeks to get 40+ players to 60, another week to get them half geared in dungeon blues. And then if they can only raid "normal" raid sessions of 3-4 hours a night, i seriously doubt they can clear the place out in 1 day. Not because it's difficult, but purely because of logistics and everything taking 10 times longer than retail. From travelling, to buffing between pulls, to getting 40 players to not be afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I read somewhere that only like 1-2% of all guilds cleared it.
    Less than 0.00065% killed boss or cleared naxx (or was it mc?!)- Dont remember the exact quote from blizzard itself (or was it from someone doing the calcs from boss kills).
    In my eyes BC was rushed without a reason.

The tactics are simpler tha a modern normal dungeon. The class rotations consist of one button. The only way for it to fail is undergeared players or a complete disregard of the game rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Less than 0.00065% killed boss or cleared naxx (or was it mc?!)- Dont remember the exact quote from blizzard itself (or was it from someone doing the calcs from boss kills).
    In my eyes BC was rushed without a reason.
    Found that 131 guilds cleared it before the release of TBC and 98 of those cleared it before the 2.0.1 patch.
    So it's certainly not 0.00065%, but it's less than 1% prolly too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its gonna get melted, everyone knows the strats, everyone knows where to get the gear
    Knows where to get it and what the best is. Oh and don't forget the patch and itemization is different so everything is made easier.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Every single vanilla raid will be cleared the same day it is released, except MC which will probably take 3-4 just so people can level.

(And if people don't think top guilds will be cheesing leveling to the point where they can cap in a day or two, they are kidding themselves)

Even Naxx is a total joke compared to any raid of the modern era.

Naxx released on a private server yesterday and was cleared that same day by at least 1 guild (couple others made it to KT but I stopped watching)

Vanilla is not nearly as hard as people pretend. It's all preparation. You prepare for months and months but when it comes time to actually raid the execution is a cakewalk.

The average retail player that I would consider 'bad' is more than an acceptable raider in older expansions on private servers. The content isn't hard.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Naxx released on a private server yesterday and was cleared that same day by at least 1 guild (couple others made it to KT but I stopped watching)
    ...by people that have done so 10 times before, whom are able to play 15-20 hours a day.

It's not a relevant measurement for the raiding scene in classic.

Vanilla is not nearly as hard as people pretend. It's all preparation. You prepare for months and months but when it comes time to actually raid the execution is a cakewalk.
    Nobody anywhere is saying vanilla raid bosses were difficult to kill once you aquired 40 decent players in decent gear. It's all about the journey to accomplish that.

The average retail player that I would consider 'bad' is more than an acceptable raider in older expansions on private servers. The content isn't hard.
    Bad players dont become good, they stay bad. Even after 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Given the info we've been privy to thus far for Classic, Molten Core seems like it could be rather tough for any Average Joe guild that isn't filled with a certain crowd of players.

(Example, not coordinating stacking World buffs as that's been confirmed to be near impossible since Onyxia buff will be only once per 12 hours, not enough Tranq shots for a perfect rotation etc)

So for sake of argument, let's assume no World Buffs of any kind is reliably feasible during Phase 1 of Classic, no one is likely to flask out side of very specific roles. How hard is early MC actually going to be for most of us?

I'd love to hear your predictions and reasons, I don't see it being as faceroll as a lot of memes make it out to be. I personally think the very early stages of Classic will be akin to Diablo 2. Yeah we know the strats, but is Duriel really that easy as a fresh level 20 Barbarian in self found blues/yellows?

Cheers!
    No difficulty whatsoever.

Honestly can't wait for the inevitable Trade Chat request: What's Ilevel req for MC?

Edit: If we're talking about how long it'll take for raids to fall to guilds who are actively trying to get world firsts or whatever, not very long. Every raid after MC will be cleared day 1 of release.

Hitting level 60 will be a bigger challenge for most than clearing MC, MC itself will fall pretty easily and anyone who hits 60 at a somewhat respectable or normal time will clear it if they want to just because they're a warm body at max level. I strongly doubt it'll be truly pugged early on but raidspots might be filled by randoms.

Mechanically I don't think any raid is going to pose much of an issue till maybe late BWL or AQ/Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    ...by people that have done so 10 times before, whom are able to play 15-20 hours a day.

It's not a relevant measurement for the raiding scene in classic.
    ...Which is going to happen in Classic as well.