Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    It's odd how negative the post is here about Nazjatar but every video I see on YouTube about the zone is mostly positive? All I see from the videos and hear/read is that its a big zone with multiple levels, great colors and plenty to do, most of which isn't out yet?!?!
    if you would just recived free trip to California you would be positive too ^^ :P

and all others gonna work very hard whole year to ensure next year trip happens too

this way blizzard solved in very cheap way negative attitude on youtube

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    I understand why people are dissatisfied with Nazjatar. It's supposed to be a once beautiful and massive city. The zone currently has a very small corner dedicated to the city and the rest is a bunch of filler aquatic environments. The city should overshadow all other parts of the zone. I understand they can't just create new assets out of thin air, but combining more Azsuna and Suramar assets into Nazjatar, making it look like the ruins of a proper city, would be ideal. The kelp forest and coral reef should not take up a majority of the zone's space.
    they already have some underwater ruins assets in Vashij too.

this is just showing how huge budget cuts went to all departments this year.

still they know it doesnt matter because people will spend there months farming tokens for 430 gear so why bother.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, everyone has nearly always been complaining about incoming content patches, then they turned out to be perfectly fine once in live... That is probably 90% of the times.

T H e thing here i s, you can not satisfy everyone.

That being said, I keep on my opinion from months before BfA was coming out: this is a filler expansion, a transition between Legion and what comes next, so you can n ot expect it to be a huge expansion.. and yet is it pretty fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Everyone knows the timegating is there to just keep people subbed. No other reason.

It's sad that people believe it's there to stop people "consuming the content". Like fucking hell lol who cares if someone gets it all done day 1? No other game I know of timegates a story this hard.
    It's pretty simple. Don't sub untill its all out and then consume it all. The rest of us will cry about relevant issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Right. See that just means how long it's been since something was released, not how long it took to create. It doesn't mean the team had 9 months to create it. The team could have been given a small amount of time to complete it and then put on 8.3 or the future expansion. Time is likely the issue.
    They had more than enough time to develop zones for a patch, arguably the most time that they have ever had. Remember that there are two new zones being released in this patch. Instead of focusing on creating one highest quality zone we could ever dream of having with Nazjatar, they decided to use that time to develop two lacklusutre zones with an extra, pointless gnome area just so they can sell more mechagnome allied races. That's all it boils down to, not time.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    WoD beta: "Relax, it's just beta".
    WoD 1.0: "Relax, it's just the launch."
    WoD Final Patch: "Relax, the new expansion is coming."
    Legion alpha: "Relax, it's just alpha."
    Legion beta: "Relax, it's just beta."
    Legion late beta: "Relax, they've still got time."
    Legion launch: "Relax, they've got three more content patches to fix it."
    BFA beta: "Relax, it's just beta."
    BFA launch: "Relax, they'll fix things quick."
    BFA 8.1: "Relax, they'll fix things quick."
    BFA 8.1.5: "Relax, they'll fix things quick."
    BFA 8.2: "Relax, it's still on the PTR."

Gets pretty old when every apologist cries out the same empty consolation: "relax, it definitely won't be like every other time before this!"
    I agree. Also:

Every patch since TBC launch: "WoW is dying".

I like to think this polarization is due to people being overly passionate about WoW, but man, it's tiresome to see both sides whining EVERY FUCKING PATCH.
    Fucks shake, if you're going to complain, at least say what do you think is wrong / what would you like to change.

On the other hand, people should start to be more critical with what we're presented. That goes for both parties, complainers and indulgents.
    When all Blizzard gets is "This is shit! Fix it!" and "There's nothing wrong with anything!" (barring the occasional constructive feddback) it's hard to change anything.
    Also, demanding more and more content in less and less time leads to this. When the developers only have time to throw things at us and don't look back anymore we end with unsatisfied people and wasted opportunities.

P.S.: Sorry for the rant, but lately I'm a bit tired of how the gaming community seems to have transformed in a giant, impatient, hungry baby demanding more and more, and just crying about everything.

Clearly you guys complaining about how dark Nazjatar is never saw the last Game of Thrones episode.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    As pointed out earlier Mac'aree was like 3 buildings and lots of stuff in the background that couldn't be accessed. Argus as a whole was hugely disappointing and people complained about it constantly. Isle of Thunder was pretty cool, I'll give you that. You're okay with Tanaan Jungle which was a bunch of re-used assets and had a very same-y feel to other zones in the same expansion but Nazjatar is a problem because it's basically darker Azsuna??
    I really liked Mac'aree myself. It was visually pleasant and easy to navigate. I actually wish that Antoran Wastes was nuked from existence so we have one obligatory fel green demon zone and a bigger Mac'aree in its stead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    They're probably already working on the next patches and expansion, so care less about this patch...
    SAD! Yet right. They need new big expac to revitalize with marketing push.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Argus absolutely should have been its own expansion, total waste of a great idea to throw it into an end-of-expansion patch.
    I suspect they realistically concluded the game doesn't have enough time left to do things like that. It's now or never, so these things are getting sad reduced appearances before the game spins down to the point they can't add much of anything.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The city fell thousands of years ago. Where do the naga live? Are they just monsters sitting there waiting for us to kill them? I was hoping for more of a living space like Suramar, showing us who the naga actually are.
    Isn't that what the Eternal Palace is?

Did people bitch this much about the Broken Shore or is this just what gamers do now? It was 10x more ugly and depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Did people bitch this much about the Broken Shore or is this just what gamers do now? It was 10x more ugly and depressing.
    It wasnt praised much, but the true shitstorm started when we were introduced to the "epic questline" stretched over ten weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Clearly you guys complaining about how dark Nazjatar is never saw the last Game of Thrones episode.
    You won the internet today

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I agree. Also:

Every patch since TBC launch: "WoW is dying".

I like to think this polarization is due to people being overly passionate about WoW, but man, it's tiresome to see both sides whining EVERY FUCKING PATCH.
    Fucks shake, if you're going to complain, at least say what do you think is wrong / what would you like to change.

On the other hand, people should start to be more critical with what we're presented. That goes for both parties, complainers and indulgents.
    When all Blizzard gets is "This is shit! Fix it!" and "There's nothing wrong with anything!" (barring the occasional constructive feddback) it's hard to change anything.
    Also, demanding more and more content in less and less time leads to this. When the developers only have time to throw things at us and don't look back anymore we end with unsatisfied people and wasted opportunities.

P.S.: Sorry for the rant, but lately I'm a bit tired of how the gaming community seems to have transformed in a giant, impatient, hungry baby demanding more and more, and just crying about everything.
    /Annka pats pacotaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I suspect they realistically concluded the game doesn't have enough time left to do things like that. It's now or never, so these things are getting sad reduced appearances before the game spins down to the point they can't add much of anything.

I really don't think that was the case with Argus.

Argus was very much a case of "This is not going to work as a full expansion" sort of deal. Everything about Argus was bleak, desolate, and hammered home that there is no safe spaces, towns, or still surviving factions of Draenei on the planet that weren't fighting for survival with barely any numbers left. Argus would have "worked" as an expansion in the very basic of senses - dungeons, zones, and raids. But that's it. Everything else, from questing hubs, factions, capital cities, all the things that make an expansion feel like an expansion, simply would not have worked with Argus.

I mean, this isn't Outland, where there were still large, surviving pockets of old Draenor in it. Argus was a planet completely consumed by the Legion, with the only things still living there being starving survivors and the Army of the Light. No, it worked just fine as a patch, and I feel that did it far more justice than a full fledged expansion could have.

Nazjatar, on the other hand, that I can see being a bit disappointed that it wasn't saved for an expansion. But I'd be willing to bet Blizzard did have plans for it as an expansion some time in the past around Cataclysm, and tested the waters (hah, pun) with Vashj'ir, and we all know how that went. I still believe that VAshj'ir was the remnants of a potential South Seas / Naga themed expansion that Blizzard wasn't confident in due to the under water mechanics, and awnted to just try to see if the community would be interested in something like that, instead of going full ham with an expansion that's entirely under water.

Vashj'ir's negative response is also likely why we've never seen a full underwater zone again, and why Nazjatar was plot-forced to be a land-based zone, rather than another underwater zone. I think people need to realize Blizzard listens to feedback a lot more than you all give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Thats my feeling as well. Azshara should have been her own Expansion but since they probably alrready know or have a idea, when WOW is going to be sunsetted, they are cramming in as much as possible. Kind of like a sitcom does when they know they are on their last season. My feeling is 9.0 is the last expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It wasnt praised much, but the true shitstorm started when we were introduced to the "epic questline" stretched over ten weeks.
    Had to wait a week to turn in 2000 shards, only for Dadgar to say he really only needed 1
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Oh the innocence.... How I miss it.
    Right?!

I don't know why people say it's "just the PTR" or "It's just beta"

Literally nothing is going to change lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What I'd have liked to see with Argus is something very different.
    Argus was the home of the Eredar and the command center of the Legion. I'd have made at least part of it a paradise for demons, a reward for following Sargeras. Imagine Mac'aree using the WoD Draenei architecture in red, gold and black (Velhari's theme in HFC) filled with demons engaging in their own pleasures. Something out of Bosch painting.

Meanwhile Argus is the portal network of the Legion. So to give additional themes, you'd be traveling to other worlds, just like we actually did on Argus, only those would be fully fleshed out zones.
    This I could have seen working much better than simply having Argus be the setting for an expansion. They could have run with this idea for Legion rather than the Broken Isles, though I think they took the latter over the former simply because they wanted to make us go on the defensive for once, rather than the offensive (as has been the case in literally every expansion leading up to Legion - Bad guy makes a skirmish into our lands and capitals, we fight them back then go on the offensive in their home turf).

Granted, we did go on the offensive in Legion, just not until the very, VERY end of the expansion. Up until that point, we were basically doing everything we could to hold of the Legion. It still would have been a neat scenario all the same to have an Outland 2.0 kind of thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    This I could have seen working much better than simply having Argus be the setting for an expansion. They could have run with this idea for Legion rather than the Broken Isles, though I think they took the latter over the former simply because they wanted to make us go on the defensive for once, rather than the offensive (as has been the case in literally every expansion leading up to Legion - Bad guy makes a skirmish into our lands and capitals, we fight them back then go on the offensive in their home turf).

Granted, we did go on the offensive in Legion, just not until the very, VERY end of the expansion. Up until that point, we were basically doing everything we could to hold of the Legion. It still would have been a neat scenario all the same to have an Outland 2.0 kind of thing going on.
    We could have gone on the defensive on another world. There are plenty out there, so imagine having a visit to some more or less neutral world. And at the end of the first tier, the Legion shows up and just starts wrecking everything. We could have been on the defensive, and *lost*.

The fight against the Legion should have raged across multiple worlds, but all we got on that was some backstory. There's just not enough left in WoW to have supported something that ambitious.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Is possible to fly to Nazjatar or I must complete the war campaign on every single alter I have to unlock the portal / transport?

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I think the bigger issue is that they split their resources between Nazjatar and the gnome zone. Instead of crafting one breathtaking zone, they decided to pump out two mediocre zones. And it shows in the quality of the work.
    I wouldn’t say mechagon is mediocre. Considering the amount of content it seems to have, I’d say we may end up spending more time there than Nazjatar which is probably the goal anyway and the whole point of mechagon. Nazjatar is the story zone, mechagon is the grind/farm zone.

Realistically, the content seems fine to me. I just don’t like the look of Nazjatar and how dark it is. Needs more glowy shit.