Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And all the "I've moved on from WoW to greener pastures"-people are the most active in the thread.

What a shock.
    Too bad that you are also active here.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Too bad that you are also active here.
    Yes, it's such a shame that fans of a title are active on a fan forum for said title.

What an utterly moronic sentiment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ....aaaand...they sold out. Nothing else needs to be said or discussed. Not what you want or if the price is insane....they sold.

Just like every year for the last umphteen years.

It is crazy...I know...500+ dollars sounds outrageous to me...I would not pay it. I cannot imagine somebody would. Yet they sold. Fact.
    Indeed.

Doesn't matter how negative these forums are, Blizzcon's packed all the same.
    I wish they released numbers on how many attempted to place orders, would be interesting as hell!

Gotta love how people said "overpriced tickets, FACT!!" and yet they sold like hot cakes. Overpriced if they sell? Not really. Supply and demand.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-05 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    So what happens if all they sell is $550 portal passes. That would effectively render the portal pass useless. I figure if people can afford to get to Anaheim, pay for the hotel, etc., they'd be willing to buy the portal pass. I foresee chaos.
    The tickets are just extremely overpriced. It's a well known fact.

Most conventions like this are between $50-150 at most. I paid £120 for my ticket for a convention I went to back in February.

But of course Blizzard obviously have at least 30-35,000 (that's the max attendance usually for Blizzcon) dedicated fans who would throw money at them for anything these days so /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Oh Wow.

I guess I won't be going to Blizzcon at all then. Why does an app that generates a QR Code need *ALL* those permissions?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The tickets are just extremely overpriced. It's a well known fact.

Most conventions like this are between $50-150 at most. I paid £120 for my ticket for a convention I went to back in February.

But of course Blizzard obviously have at least 30-35,000 (that's the max attendance usually for Blizzcon) dedicated fans who would throw money at them for anything these days so /shrug.
    Sure, and Disneyworld is comparable to Six Flags or your local fair, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Oh Wow.

I guess I won't be going to Blizzcon at all then. Why does an app that generates a QR Code need *ALL* those permissions?
    Or better yet why can't people just use their tickets like they always have been doing at Blizzcon instead of ActiBlizz forcing some Spyware App on them?

"Update: Tickets are sold out! You'll have another chance Wednesday." that is a lie . Nobody will buy tickets after last Blizzcon maybe some old fans... but i dont think so thats true about "SOLD OUT"

Quote Originally Posted by mikewatson View Post
    "Update: Tickets are sold out! You'll have another chance Wednesday." that is a lie . Nobody will buy tickets after last Blizzcon maybe some old fans... but i dont think so thats true about "SOLD OUT"
    Oh, they'll sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewatson View Post
    Dont underestimate stupidity of Blizzdrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or better yet why can't people just use their tickets like they always have been doing at Blizzcon instead of ActiBlizz forcing some Spyware App on them?
    DoN't yOU gUys hAvE pHoNEs ?

To be fair, mobile ticket apps are not a big issue and actually can be a useful tool for all sides ... problem is the ticket app Blizz picked is utter garbage.

It's the Diablo mobile press release situation all over again. Ppl who make decisions at Blizz are growing increasingly disconnected with their playerbase.

And yeah. It's not hart problem to solve. Buy a burner phone for 100 bucks and install the 550 bucks ticket on it and after the show is over just throw the phone away. Easy soultion. But still kind of annoying.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    This whole AXS thing would make me want to buy a burner phone just for this occasion and once blizzcon is over get rid of it lol. Hell goto one of those FREE PHONES places get it for blizzcon install AXS let that read the info from that once its over OOPS in the toilet lol
    You and everyone else freaking out about AXS should read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...n_controversy/

I'm not saying that anyone should change their mind but a lot of information about this that's being passed around is wrong. Everyone should have concerns about how private data is being used but those concerns should be based on accurate information.

And this is true: If you have FB, Twitter, WhatsApp, or Instagram on your phone, you are already more compromised than you will ever be with AXS.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-05 at 08:25 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Whaaaaaat? You now have to own a mobile phone or else you're not allowed to enter an event you paid to attend? And you have to install the most evil spyware I have ever seen in my entire life? And there's people here still defending Blizztard? What will take for those people to stop defending this greedy and corrupt corporation? Mike Morhaime coming to your house and killing your dog?

10+ Year Old Account
    but why does an app that's only used for a QR Code need to know EXACTLY where I am? Why does it need my contacts? Why does it need Bluetooth?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You and everyone else freaking out about AXS should read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...n_controversy/

I'm not saying that anyone should change their mind but a lot of information about this that's being passed around is wrong. Everyone should have concerns about how private data is being used but those concerns should be based on accurate information.

And this is true: If you have FB, Twitter, WhatsApp, or Instagram on your phone, you are already more compromised than you will ever be with AXS.
    I mentioned it before. I have other ticket app on my phone. It's rated 4.7/5 on Google Play (Axs has a tragic score of 2/5 on Google Play and worse on other rating services). My ticket app terms of use explicitely state that it does not share my data with anyone else. Axs app explicitely states that it does share my data with other partners. Why is Blizzard using a poorly reviewed highly invasive ticket app instead of better alternatives ?

And the argument that there are other 4 apps that steal your data so you shouldn't mind a 5th or 6th or 15th one stealing and selling your data is stupid.

It's a risk vs reward situation. Ppl can risk FB doing something with their data, but that does not mean that every other their activity should require another app on their phone stealing and selling their data. FB will probably be sort of carefull what it can and cannot do with your data. Some random Axs app can gamble big and if it breaks the law and goes up in flames, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I mentioned it before. I have other ticket app on my phone. It's rated 4.7/5 on Google Play (Axs has a tragic score of 2/5 on Google Play and worse on other rating services). My ticket app terms of use explicitely state that it does not share my data with anyone else. Axs app explicitely states that it does share my data with other partners. Why is Blizzard using a poorly reviewed highly invasive ticket app instead of better alternatives ?

And the argument that there are other 4 apps that steal your data so you shouldn't mind a 5th or 6th or 15th one stealing and selling your data is stupid.

It's a risk vs reward situation. Ppl can risk FB doing something with their data, but that does not mean that every other their activity should require another app on their phone stealing and selling their data. FB will probably be sort of carefull what it can and cannot do with your data. Some random Axs app can gamble big and if it breaks the law and goes up in flames, whatever.
    It’s got a 4.6/5 on the App Store on my iPhone. With approximately 36k reviews there vs approximately 2k reviews on Google Play. Which one do we go by?

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFarse View Post
    Whaaaaaat? You now have to own a mobile phone or else you're not allowed to enter an event you paid to attend? And you have to install the most evil spyware I have ever seen in my entire life? And there's people here still defending Blizztard? What will take for those people to stop defending this greedy and corrupt corporation? Mike Morhaime coming to your house and killing your dog?
    Yep. It's absolutely sad lol and people are on reddit acting like it's ok.....

Sad part is it's just going to be used as a metric by Blizzard. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s got a 4.6/5 on the App Store on my iPhone. With approximately 36k reviews there vs approximately 2k reviews on Google Play. Which one do we go by?
    I imagine that goes in line how iPhone uses don't mind abuse from company they buy stuff from. Apple charges you 500 bucks for repair that should cost 50, tells you your data can't be recovered and delete forum posts that suggest otherwise despite the fact that your data can be recovered and release products that are technologically 1-2 generations behind and still charge hefty premium for them.

So it can be a matter of sensitivity where Android users give lower scores to apps that exploit them and Apple users just go, meh, we are used to being exploited. Or it can be that Apple version of the app is better. I am not sure which is it.

But since Blizzard is a PC game developer, or at least used to be, I think they would cater more to the Android crowd, not to the Mac/iPhone crowd in which case the choice of ticket app is a poor one imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    well duh - ofc you should belive those 5 conspiracy nuts here on forums who spread misinformation instead checking facts first.

we already know by now that 90% of what all youtube "content creators" are repeating like sheeps is a lie regarding this topic .

but hey they all gotta jump on badwagon to make few $$$ out of those false info.

The Paranoia is cute. The Governments of the world already have all data on you that they need. Calm down :d

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    The Paranoia is cute. The Governments of the world already have all data on you that they need. Calm down :d
    i wonder why people are very paranoid about it, i think only those who got fishy stuff are paranoid, being it terrorism stuff or pedophile stuff.

i mean i do not care if the government is spying on me, i am just a dude who play games and go to work, not like i have a secret deadly organization to kill the president.