Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not interested in new classes, but in the reworking/improvement of existing ones.

I just want a complete reboot of the entire game.

- Squish lvls to 60 again.
    - Have the old content being scaled for lvl 60 with entry lvl 60 gear stats (like blue lvl 60 gear or lvl 58~ epics), keep it challenging but have it around mostly for fun, some entry max lvl gear and transmog.
    - Bring back classes being unique and remove the lock towards one spec, add talent tree again.

And just.. Go back to being an RPG instead of an Action-game.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    1. Remove WoW token
    2. Remove cash shop
    3. Remove mission tables
    4. Remove AP
    5. Remove titanforging
    6. Fix the old world so that levelling is actually fun and meaningful again

None of these will probably ever happen, which is why I'll be playing WoW Classic. There isn't a single expansion idea, mechanics wise, visuals wise, design wise, that they can blow me away with at this point.
    I can tell you the first 2 will 100% not happen, but there is a small chance the rest can happen if Blizzard is pressured enough.

Just out of curiosity, why do you despise the WOW Token? I don't get the hate for having a feature that is completely optional and doesn't affect your game-play.

I think lootboxes would be perfect addition to the game.

I mainly agree with your points. GJ.

15+ Year Old Account
    In case of blizz employees reading it, here's my opinion on these.

1. Squish the character level maximum.
    Leveling needs a rework. 120-130 levels are too much. If you tune XP requirement to make all these levels significant, leveling will be too long. If you tune most of the levels to be very short (as it is now), then it will feel a bit stupid to level 20 levels in just one sitting. The main problem is that most of these levels grant you NOTHING. No new skills, no new talents. Due to heirlooms, not even new gear most of the time. This is another issue that needs to be fixed. Make leveling interesting again. Make levelups impactful, make gear rewards during leveling useful again. For example heirlooms should be compressed to a single slot... I'd also make all zones except starting zones accessible and questable for the WHOLE level range. No restrictions. Play whatever you like.

2. Redesign classes with individuality.
    I think classes are already pretty distinct, some of the current issues already stem from this: some classes have unique abilities which are extremely important in many situations, tilting the balance and the metagame a bit too much. I enjoy the design of the specs I'm playing, I see no big issues here to be honest. I guess there are some shitty specs and the azerite gear system didn't turn out well. These need rework but I guess Blizz already agrees.

3. Get rid of the random gear procs.
    I like WF/TF, it makes content much more replayable and getting a nice proc feels like a gift. Replayability is an extremely important trait. Most people who whine about TF procs are just annoyed to have worse gear than someone else. I choose replayability over some people's fragile ego.

4. Sort out World Quests.
    Would be great to improve the system, but I'm not really worried about it. As long as we are not back to daily quests it's fine.

5. Don’t repeat the Alliance/Horde levelling zones.
    I liked the divide, I liked without it as well, I don't mind.

6. Change flying to a player unlock.
    I don't mind much but yeah, terrain navigation is pretty annoying sometimes (not so much as in Legion), flying earlier would be welcome.

7. Get rid of the mission tabling.
    Fortunately the tables are almost insignificant now, at least I don't have to suffer through it like in Legion. I've seen great suggestions regarding this - maybe rework the tabling into some kind of minigame that is actually enjoyable.

8. Sort out the needless difficulties.
    Yeah maybe. 1 or 2 raid difficulties could be removed. Normal or heroic dungeons are 100% unnecessary. You run just a few of them grand total with your first max level character per expansion. Total waste of resources and totally unnecessary bump to ilvls.

9. Develop solo-player content.
    I don't want solo content, I play for group pve.

10. Collapse the Achievement numbers.
    I don't care about achievements at all.

+1
    Someone else mentioned it already. A zone with a unique progressing story like we had in Sumarar would be welcome. I hated many things about Suramar but it really had an interesting story and a wonderful unique setting. I mean I completely ignore lore and story in the game, I just don't care about that. Yet Suramar had such a great way of storytelling it was interesting even for ME.

Current way of storytelling is REALLY BAD. WarCampaign quests and scenarios are 100% unchallenging, uninteresting, way too drawn out borefests. I would literally play for an option to skip all of them. Drop this concept, go back to Suramar style storytelling.
    Last edited by Zka; 2019-05-06 at 09:03 AM.

Just want to deal with wrathion finally

New story is promising and with the group responsible for a lot of the more questionable choices and reactions being..."shuffled" I think FoS will be a decent expansion as long as they stick firm to no more rental ability systems and the return of class sets (black dragon plate armor)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    In case of blizz employees reading it, here's my opinion on these.

1. Squish the character level maximum.
    Leveling needs a rework. 120-130 levels are too much. If you tune XP requirement to make all these levels significant, leveling will be too long. If you tune most of the levels to be very short (as it is now), then it will feel a bit stupid to level 20 levels in just one sitting. The main problem is that most of these levels grant you NOTHING. No new skills, no new talents. Due to heirlooms, not even new gear most of the time. This is another issue that needs to be fixed. Make leveling interesting again. Make levelups impactful, make gear rewards during leveling useful again. For example heirlooms should be compressed to a single slot... I'd also make all zones except starting zones accessible and questable for the WHOLE level range. No restrictions. Play whatever you like.

2. Redesign classes with individuality.
    I think classes are already pretty distinct, some of the current issues already stem from this: some classes have unique abilities which are extremely important in many situations, tilting the balance and the metagame a bit too much. I enjoy the design of the specs I'm playing, I see no big issues here to be honest. I guess there are some shitty specs and the azerite gear system didn't turn out well. These need rework but I guess Blizz already agrees.

3. Get rid of the random gear procs.
    I like WF/TF, it makes content much more replayable and getting a nice proc feels like a gift. Replayability is an extremely important trait. Most people who whine about TF procs are just annoyed to have worse gear than someone else. I choose replayability over some people's fragile ego.

4. Sort out World Quests.
    Would be great to improve the system, but I'm not really worried about it. As long as we are not back to daily quests it's fine.

5. Don’t repeat the Alliance/Horde levelling zones.
    I liked the divide, I liked without it as well, I don't mind.

6. Change flying to a player unlock.
    I don't mind much but yeah, terrain navigation is pretty annoying sometimes (not so much as in Legion), flying earlier would be welcome.

7. Get rid of the mission tabling.
    Fortunately the tables are almost insignificant now, at least I don't have to suffer through it like in Legion. I've seen great suggestions regarding this - maybe rework the tabling into some kind of minigame that is actually enjoyable.

8. Sort out the needless difficulties.
    Yeah maybe. 1 or 2 raid difficulties could be removed. Normal or heroic dungeons are 100% unnecessary. You run just a few of them grand total with your first max level character per expansion. Total waste of resources and totally unnecessary bump to ilvls.

9. Develop solo-player content.
    I don't want solo content, I play for group pve.

10. Collapse the Achievement numbers.
    I don't care about achievements at all.

+1
    Someone else mentioned it already. A zone with a unique progressing story like we had in Sumarar would be welcome. I hated many things about Suramar but it really had an interesting story and a wonderful unique setting. I mean I completely ignore lore and story in the game, I just don't care about that. Yet Suramar had such a great way of storytelling it was interesting even for ME.
    Main gripe with the TF system is not about little Jimmy getting better gear
    The current systems don't work with it and it feels less rewarding overall

Yes hitting the lottery is nice when it happens but in a game where gear effects you it can feel annoying to leave character progression to RNG

I got tf healer trinket off of champions last week after changing spec in case I got it so I could give it to our new healer

It's 410
    That makes it my highest ilvl trinket
    I can't trade it

Fuck that system
    Keep the new pearl system if ppl want rewards because personally I don't think my alt should be 390 from just lfr and solo content

I also don't find killing 10 boars for the 50th time in hopes the gear becomes useful as engaging

Heck the system can be considered a cause of the huge power gap we already have
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2019-05-06 at 09:09 AM.

new SKILLS and ABILITIES!!

I remember back in tbc. Finally getting abilites on 64 and 67. Something to look forward to when leveling. New skills to play with.

Leveling up something now. You get a talent at lvl 100 and after that its 20 levels without a single shitty thing. If they keep going down this path, its 30 levels next expansion without anything new, noothing to look forward to. Ontop of that. In bfa, you grew weaker as you leveled up. Strong as shit the first 2-3 levels with legendaries etc, then at 116-117 you started becoming weaker and weaker. This game is based on character growth. Its not been growing much the last two expansions. Artifact weapons gave us something, but then taken away again. A few of those abilities were added ass talent at the cost of something else.

I would love to see a new spec for every class. Or atleast 3-4 new meaningfull spells. completely changing the rotations we currently have. i have been pressing the same 5 buttons for 2 expansions straight now. Not exactly super fun

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    I can tell you the first 2 will 100% not happen, but there is a small chance the rest can happen if Blizzard is pressured enough.

Just out of curiosity, why do you despise the WOW Token? I don't get the hate for having a feature that is completely optional and doesn't affect your game-play.
    Because it's fucking retarded that a guy with a lot of money can just buy WoW tokens, camp the BMAH and get full tier 3. And buy mythic raid carries. What the fuck is the point in doing the content if a guy with money can just buy himself to my level of success?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    TF is a solution to a problem and the problem is too much gear. WoW now compared to three expansions ago has so many different activities. Activities need rewards and the only wortwhile reward is gear. So what we have ended up with is TOO much gear. The biggest culprit by far being M+ which is infinitely repeatable contant that can offer very high quality gear. It could be solved with a return to Valor but that would create new issues; either the cap would be far too low and many people would stop feeling rewarded for their gameplay or it would be too high and people would feel pressured to play more than they'd like. Regardless next to class design, the overabundance of gear is one of the main issues with player engagement in WoW currently.
    Really because right now we may have too many sources of gear but only 2 sources really matter

You have raids and TF

Remove tf
    You then have m+
    You have raids
    They can scale world bosses and warfronts

Boom solved

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah carries are getting worse every expansion.
    Are they??
    Come on dude you had auction runs in wrath

Full mythic carries enough to actually get the gear and mount costs upwards of $200 bucks
    Useless after 6 months

Just want the stupid “Ap” grind gone and done with forever, don’t need a replacement for it, it is not fun.
    I do not get why reducing the max level is a good thing. I really hope it doesn’t happen, all it’ll do is make the new max level smaller, they remove skills we already have and just spread them out differently, nothing new will come of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Most of the PVP talents could be added to baseline specializations. Not all, but most can. Having separate talents for PVP is dumb and can be confusing to (newer) players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I especially feel the last one. I'll go as far as to say that the achievement bloat is daunting for both new AND old players.
    I am an achievement hunter and I cannot really bring myself to farm any these days because they are stupidly grindy and unrewarding (pet battle achievements anyone? Or Timeless Isle collectathons?). I can only imagine the annoyance of new players in seeing these endless lists to fulfill just to get a deer pet or a reskin mount.
    I'd gladly give up a lot of my achievements just to go back when they were fun and interesting for the major part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    1. Get Rid of Pruning:
    -Axe PvP talents, hand most of them back to baseline kits
    -Get rid of auxiliary progression systems (Artifacts, Azerite, etc.) roll certain abilities into baseline kits.

2. Remove Titanforging
    3. Flying at Max Level
    4. Roll World Quests into hubs
    5. Hire better writers so the story isn't a complete dumpster fire.

I could really go on, but #1 is the issue I'm really burning about at the moment. Granted, they don't seem to get it.
    i agree with all that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It won't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but no that's not an empty threat, I will quit if they level squish. I'm already barely playing, once a week for 3 hrs to do some M+ because BfA is already horrible.
    I'll never accept such a claim. I'm sorry.

A new expansion that could have several things you want to see, or experience, but you avoid it due to a level reduction that is done for multiple explained reasons?

Nah. Can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I especially feel the last one. I'll go as far as to say that the achievement bloat is daunting for both new AND old players.
    Yay! An agreement!

Honestly, I get why existing players are very "meh". They're either in general line or have gone past the interest in it. But the system is hopelessly overwhelming for new players, or those coming back after a couple of expansions, and it doesn't take a lot of effort to reduce it dramatically while retaining its value to those who achieved things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post
    I'll never accept such a claim. I'm sorry.

A new expansion that could have several things you want to see, or experience, but you avoid it due to a level reduction that is done for multiple explained reasons?

Nah. Can't see it.

Yay! An agreement!

Honestly, I get why existing players are very "meh". They're either in general line or have gone past the interest in it. But the system is hopelessly overwhelming for new players, or those coming back after a couple of expansions, and it doesn't take a lot of effort to reduce it dramatically while retaining its value to those who achieved things.
    One thing they need to stop doing is make our characters feel weaker with every expansion. A level squish would do just that.

Hopes:

- way less RNG (e.g. no War/Titan Forging)
    - actual class development
    - new ways of class development (artifact 2.0 and not some bs like Heart of Azeroth)
    - revamp of the incredibly boring talent system
    - back to tier sets
    - flying in the game at launch (but with a questline)
    - no timegating
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Based off of all their recent interviews, I hope they do what they say they wanna do.

They’ve said they want to:

1. Remove/fix Titanforging

Where was this stated?? Ion Hazzikostas said in an interview: "We're listening to feedback regarding solutions to Warforging/Titanforging, but the problem is it only affects a small number of players and we need to take a much larger target group into consideration."

That doesn't sound like removing or fixing, seems grey to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hopes:

- way less RNG (e.g. no War/Titan Forging)
    - actual class development
    - new ways of class development (artifact 2.0 and not some bs like Heart of Azeroth)
    - revamp of the incredibly boring talent system
    - back to tier sets
    - flying in the game at launch (but with a questline)
    - no timegating
    Most of that is wishful thinking sadly mate. I mean I'm with you on all of it but of course the dev team won't do a single thing on that list and instead either keep those things going or double down on them hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I got tf healer trinket off of champions last week after changing spec in case I got it so I could give it to our new healer
    It's 410
    That makes it my highest ilvl trinket
    I can't trade it
    Fuck that system
    Yeah it's stupid but this limitation is not because of TF - it's to prevent top guilds farming gear for mains using alts.
    It's especially stupid when someone has a 420mh/420oh but cannot trade a 410 staff because hey it's their highest ilvl staff... /facepalm