Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gotta figure out what villians are left to face. Void lords, but also the light could be viewed as hostile to. Can't have one surpass the other, gotta have balance. Can't really say dark below, thats just deepholm. Unless they link it to deepholm as a way to travel there. Instead of killing villians off each expansion, they need to let them escape. Like Guldan for instance, from wod into legion. Next expansion could be the last one if they don't hurry and add more villians to the list.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They will tell the other side of the story from a different perspective.

Azshara and Kaldorei Civilization storyline
    - Their journey from being Dark Troll Outcasts and becoming the Kal'dorei superioe civilization
    - Encounter with Elune and who ia she?
    - What was the reason why did they migrate to WoE? Is it really the voice of Elune or whispers of the old gods perhaps Xal'atath?
    - Why Azshara called upon Sargeras and what was the bargain?

- Emperor Shaohao the Mogus against the Mantivess
    - Emperor Shao hao before he saceifices himself and becoming the Mist of Pandaria
    - Mogu heritage and lineage and possible allies race of Horde
    - Mantivess and their ominous line that when the old god once again call upon them, they will rise with him.

Zandalar and the Empire of Zul
    - Troll vs. Aqir Wars
    - Young Rastakhan
    - Emperor Dazar
    - Zul younger age

Old gods and the Black Empire
    -C'thun and the Qiraji
    - Yog'saron and Azjol'Nerub
    - Y'Shaarj and the Mantid
    - N'Zoth and the N'raji

Empire of Zul from ancient time now that Zandalar have been introduced.
    The Pandaria area prior to Sundering, Emperor Shao Hao ij the flesh and the Mantids. How the Heart of Y'Shaarj ended up in the area.
    - Mogu + Zandalar allies. Possible Mogu allied Race
    - Zin Azshari in Azshara cinematics.
    - How the Blood Elves look like prior to their exile.
    - Nightborne before the Nightwell. Chronomancer Elysande.
    - Black Empire. War of the Old Gods bickering among themselves.
    - Rise of the Dragon Aspect vs. Galakrond
    - Elemental Wars prior to their Elemental Realm and prison
    - Uld complex being built.
    - Raid where we fight Y'Shaarj and a cinematic where he got plucked by Amanthul and the events of the creationg WoE.
    - The Sundering and War of the Ancient raid.

- N'Raqi boss., Nerubian boss and Azjol Nerub. Mantid Empire pre sundering.
    -Troll vs. Qraji
    -Planting of the World Trees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    So...

You are saying that we are recylcing the time travelling expansion
    The Pandaria expansion
    Aszhara
    And Zandalar

ok
    Nope not the Garrosh 2.0 type.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-07 at 02:54 AM.

My only answer for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we actually do lose at the end of BfA. N'zoth is unleashed and defeats us, in the true End Time. The world soul is corrupted and Azeroth becomes purple. Everything dies. Everything except Chromie, who rewinds just enough time to rescue the player character and send her/him back to pre-sundering Azeroth to either: A. kill N'zoth instead of imprisoning him, or B. ensure that Azshara never accepts his bargain or something.

Just a thought.

If not a non-dimension hopping time travel expansion, I would at least like some fresh Caverns of Time content.

most all of your ideas would be neat to see, but id rather see them in caverns of time. fuck time travel in general, its a horrible idea that is very very VERY rarely done right, if ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Time Travel, its one of the few elements of World of Warcraft Lore that I feel isn't really needed and over complicates...a complicated Universe...

It's good in small, inconsequential scenarios like the "Death of Chromie" or to a larger wilder extent, Warlords of Draenor. I feel WoD was had no true impact l to the main story really other then tossing Gul'dan into our timeline, everything else didn't really effect anything else in our current Story/Timeline.

So in a sense, as long as it doesn't effect our Timeline and drastically changes what we've done,and what has happened in canon then I'd maybe be okay with it..but that being said I doubt we'd have an expansion like that other then in the Outland/Draenor setting. To me the setting perfectly fits something along the lines of what I'm saying
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2019-05-07 at 03:03 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Do we face Thanos at the end?
    If WoW will make a Thanos reference and form Azeroth's Vengeance or A-Vengers, then maybe yes and will reveal a plot twist that Green Jesus Thrall is Thanos.

If WoW devs completely decides to unleash the Nazjatari Ocean wall into a world scale tsunami + whatever magic N'Zoth has inside his sleeves, it would definitely kill almost half of the Azeroth World population.

Mulgore be flooded. - Vision of Stormwind in Garrosh fight being swept up and in flames. Teldrassil doused flame and toppled sideways.The redeeming thing would be creating a magical dome on major cities once again like Suramar, Boralus and other. Thus revealing Dragon Isles.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-07 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I don't like Time Travel, its one of the few elements of World of Warcraft Lore that I feel isn't really needed and over complicates...a complicated Universe...

It's good in small, inconsequential scenarios like the "Death of Chromie" or to a larger wilder extent, Warlords of Draenor. I feel WoD was had no true impact l to the main story really other then tossing Gul'dan into our timeline, everything else didn't really effect anything else in our current Story/Timeline.

So in a sense, as long as it doesn't effect our Timeline and drastically changes what we've done,and what has happened in canon then I'd maybe be okay with it..but that being said I doubt we'd have an expansion like that other then in the Outland/Draenor setting. To me the setting perfectly fits something along the lines of what I'm saying
    That's true. The world of azeroth is already so large and complicated. Why add time travel to it? Can the writers really struggle with writing a story with this much potential and lore to run off of that they feel forced to use time travel?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-07 at 05:27 AM.

The only time travelling I want to do is into the future

It would be great if, at the end of BfA N'zoth wins, revives the Black Empire, and we have a big time jump so they can do a reset

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It kind of is a bad idea because it would be rehashing a concluded concept. The Infinite Dragonflight were featured throughout Burning Crusade to Cataclysm where it had its conclusion when we defeated Murozond. They would be brought back why, just to revive time travel as a plot device? It was done excessively already. It had its own caverns. We've moved on. They can barely tell good stories in the present, somehow going back in time to observe shit and dare I say, change history sounds interesting? I'll pass.
    I never really felt like Murozond was much of a culmination of the Infinite Dragonflight's plans. We still don't know their motivations, or how they became infinite, and more importantly Blizzard keep hinting towards them, with an infinite dragon appearing as recently as 8.1.5 in the tailoring questline. They seem to have more story to tell there, and I think it could be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The only time travelling I want to do is into the future

It would be great if, at the end of BfA N'zoth wins, revives the Black Empire, and we have a big time jump so they can do a reset
    I'd be on board with something like this....an Etch-a-sketch style reset. I can't think of another way in which this 14 year old game could be sufficiently freshened up than with something as devastating as a big bad win and a time hop to a resistance scenario. Opens up the chance to fix so many gameplay problems.

I'm down with this. WoD may have been a bad example of how to use Time Travel but Cataclysm, the original Time Heist, was a good example. No repercussion to our past or present, only to our relative future. I'd keep story-lines running in parallel time though, so it's clearer to the player that the stakes are real but not retroactive. I think WoD could've done more with the plot device if they'd made it clearer that we had no way back without defeating Gul'dan.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Time Heist?"

That wouldn't coincidentally be inspired by Endgame, would it? We did a time travel expansion. It was called Warlords of Draenor and it sucked because it was abandoned halfway through and while the concept was interesting, it was executed poorly even when they were still investing time into it.
    Agreed, though WoD wasn't first and foremost a time travel expansion. The devs said they wanted to bring back Guldan (maybe some other Draenor characters too), and their first idea involved doing some crazy magic in Outland. The time travel route worked best, but they only did it to bring old characters back. They barely explored the idea of character development involving time travel. No one asked about their former selves, which is really weird. That's probably the first question I would ask a time traveler.
    Spoiler: 
    In Endgame, I'm really glad that Thanos actually did this and it has a big effect on his motivations.

WoD's time travel rules were also pretty effed up. Rather than use the DBZ timeline-branching rules
    Spoiler: 
    that Endgame used
    , they went with multiverse branches. This means there are infinite timelines that exist, which sort of dilutes the importance of ours.

I still think that a time travel expansion, done properly, would be fun. Maybe Thrall could recover his pre-drained Doomhammer, or Arthas could return to work for the Voidlords. I would take this over BfA's faction yawnfest any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Going back in time to an Alternate Universe to kill AU Orc heroes because Garrosh escaped Panda Nuremberg was ridiculous and the "WoD didn't have a bad premise" or "the beginning of WoD was fine" memes need to stop.
    Yeah WoD's lore at the beginning wasn't fine, but it was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I never really felt like Murozond was much of a culmination of the Infinite Dragonflight's plans. We still don't know their motivations, or how they became infinite, and more importantly Blizzard keep hinting towards them, with an infinite dragon appearing as recently as 8.1.5 in the tailoring questline. They seem to have more story to tell there, and I think it could be fun.
    Didn't Nozdormu create them particularly to avoid his final fate in End Time? I thought that was revealed.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's true. The world of azeroth is already so large and complicated. Why add time travel to it? Can the writers really struggle with writing a story with this much potential and lore to run off of that they feel forced to use time travel?
    Its feels completely random, like I get it from the Titans standpoint, Great God like beings of immense power should have that capability....but from the Dragon Aspects, The Bronze Dragonflight, the Players. It has no place for "us".

Its like the case of them watching something/reading something and getting inspired by it and just kind of tossing it in where it ultimately feels out of place

Didn't Nozdormu create them particularly to avoid his final fate in End Time? I thought that was revealed.
    I don't think so. We've had some hints at it with Kairoz yelling about "becoming infinite" before being immediately murdered. You may be right, but Blizzard seem to want to do more with them either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Do we face Thanos at the end?
    Of course, I mean we are playing the World of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Agreed, though WoD wasn't first and foremost a time travel expansion. The devs said they wanted to bring back Guldan (maybe some other Draenor characters too), and their first idea involved doing some crazy magic in Outland. The time travel route worked best, but they only did it to bring old characters back. They barely explored the idea of character development involving time travel. No one asked about their former selves, which is really weird. That's probably the first question I would ask a time traveler.
    Spoiler: 
    In Endgame, I'm really glad that Thanos actually did this and it has a big effect on his motivations.

WoD's time travel rules were also pretty effed up. Rather than use the DBZ timeline-branching rules
    Spoiler: 
    that Endgame used
    , they went with multiverse branches. This means there are infinite timelines that exist, which sort of dilutes the importance of ours.

I still think that a time travel expansion, done properly, would be fun. Maybe Thrall could recover his pre-drained Doomhammer, or Arthas could return to work for the Voidlords. I would take this over BfA's faction yawnfest any day.
    They used the multiverse route but then they also said that there's only 1 legion across all universes. It made literally 0 sense. So does that mean there are 0 alternate universes where Kiljaedan and archimonde refused the gift? does that mean when he fought us on draenor he wasn't in any other universe at that point in time? Or does he copy paste every action he does to every time universe?

5+ Year Old Account
    The concept of multiverse is far too complex to be accurately depicted in an MMO setting. Especially when the ones in charge are hacks like Afrasiabi of Danuser.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.