Poll: Which is your favourite night elf group

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A dead one /10char nah jk nightborne is best.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The goldshire ones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

5+ Year Old Account
    Druid!
    ________

Order of Elune ≠ Illidari > Druids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Basically what Garithos said lmaooo^ fuck elves

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    [IMG]https://img.fireden.net/v/image/1484/02/1484029737830.jpg[IMG]
    it has to take some high IQ B I G T H I N K to post an example of the blood elves being betrayed as evidence of their own duplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    nightborne aren't night elves. they're a new race of elves, just like thalassian elves are.

but the illidari are probably my favorite, due to the practicality they embody. the highborne are cool too, but too full of their selves.
    Nightborne aren’t Kaldorei, no, but they are Night elves if you are taking the term to mean nocturnal elf. They are a Kaldorei sub race though, just like the Illidari, who aren’t Kaldorei either, but are a close off shoot like the nightborne. Unlike say Thalassian elveswho are a further removed off shoot or naga who are an old god infused transformation.

They’ve been described as a new race of night elves, which is also technically a new race of elf too (of the night elf category) as they have also been described as well - .

I like Illidari too. Thing is, the night elves have the Druid, moon priest and Illidari as the most distinct race specific groups from that race (hence their popularity in the survey). The highborne aspect of them (yes Ravenmoon, I admit is a large part of their lore and a defining part of them) is more common outside the night elf race, cos you get it in the Thalassians and humans alot, so when people come to the night elves and see highborne, they aren't as interested in this current incarnation as they are druids or Moon Priestesses) and I think it is because blizzard hasn’t focused on making the night elf mages as unique as they made the night elf Priestesses. I have the same gripe with the blood elves who aren’t distinct enough from high elf/Kirin’tor brands. When the lore does have a distinctive base for both night elf mages and blood elf ones - arguably one that can be as distinctive as Moon Priestesses are from other priests.

e.g., Night elf mages have this very unique star, moon, stellar astral magic focus which if they expanded in game lore could be popular - we see some night elf npcs in Suramar use stellar/lunar arcane spells reminiscent of the priests and the druids - and KALDOREI springs to mind immediately - children of the stars hence the star magic, a perfect form of distinction for night elf mages...existing in game, but a bit obscure, never focused on properly. With the Blood elves, have the highly specific Phoenix, fire, sun mage thing which again hasn’t really been focused on, you have seen Phoenix mages, Sun Mages, Blood Mages - and some unique spells related to that fire/sun arcane focus - this is highly unique against mages... while we have the fire mage, the archetypical high elf /kirin'tor mage is FROST..., sun & fire is not a thing, nor is stellar. This would make them more distinct in their magecraft giving a unique race specific flavour.

Sadly not happened yet. I hope one day they would,, as well as distinguish the Farstriders more
    Last edited by Beloren; 2019-05-11 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Order of Elune –
    Pretensions and dull

Druids –
    Liked them until their leader proved he was as much as twat as every other leader.

Highborne -
    Pointless waste of lore with nothing of quality left in it.

Illidari NElves -
    annoying emo kids pretending to be hardass, when they just come off annoying with little character outside of 'I'm generic dark character no:56'

Nightborne -
    Probably the only interesting elves of this catagory, without the tree hugging bs and no holier then thou attitude. There still elves and annoying, but the whole mana crack addiction they fought back from is more endearing then any of the crap the regular night elves have storywise.

Undead Ravencrest NElves -
    This is just stupid and bad writing.
    #boycottchina

The only time I liked night elves were in WC3

Nightborne, because they don't live in trees and sided with the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Nightborne, because they don't live in trees and sided with the horde.
    Technically, Order of Elune, Highborne and Illidari don't live intrees either, only the druids do, but none of these are with the horde so I guess. so.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I second this.
    And I third this.

Nightborne lore is so cheap, it's obvious that it was created in a hurry to match the void elves and give another elf race to the Horde.
    "We are night elves but for some reason we will join the ennemy of our race".
    It's as bad as the undead night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

e.g., Night elf mages have this very unique star, moon, stellar astral magic focus which if they expanded in game lore could be popular - we see some night elf npcs in Suramar use stellar/lunar arcane spells reminiscent of the priests and the druids - and KALDOREI springs to mind immediately - children of the stars hence the star magic, a perfect form of distinction for night elf mages...existing in game, but a bit obscure, never focused on properly. With the Blood elves, have the highly specific Phoenix, fire, sun mage thing which again hasn’t really been focused on, you have seen Phoenix mages, Sun Mages, Blood Mages - and some unique spells related to that fire/sun arcane focus - this is highly unique against mages... while we have the fire mage, the archetypical high elf /kirin'tor mage is FROST..., sun & fire is not a thing, nor is stellar. This would make them more distinct in their magecraft giving a unique race specific flavour.

Sadly not happened yet. I hope one day they would,, as well as distinguish the Farstriders more
    As long as humans continue to be the primary mage focus, you won't get this fleshing out of elven mage lore which is a hsame.

I know they don't have to, they have said the night elves invented the class, but like most fantasies we don't delve deep into the elves or the other races - wow was surprisingly good because they gave a lot more depth about other races especially elves that other fantasies just ignore.

Sadly they still don't do enough. Which is such a fame... the humans should represented that classic fantasy wizard.. they should have that, but the elves should also have something truly remarkable in that area that shows it is above the human standard and more detailed even iif it isn't shown or brought up as much.

I felt the use of steallar magic in the night elves felt incredible and was suitable and easy indication of an advanced magic race - the stars usually represent advanced progress anyway, and in this lore, the night elves reached a level of magic that post sundering was lost tot he long vigil group including the high elves who after a 3k year break from the arcane returned to it when they were exiled. However, their story had them coming from a place where so much was lost and building up a new expression of elvenism as different as they could make it from their time as night elves - this is shown as swappigstars/moon focus to the sun - which coincides with the change of name, their quel'dorei is on longer a kaldorei quel'dorei, but a re-invention of what it means -- free from the recklessness and hubris that brought the legion, but also without the Moon goddess and thie night and stars focus - switching to day.

So when highborne communities like the Shen'dralar return and in legion we meet the Farondis and the pre-sundering Suramar community in the nightborne - they correctly displaythe kaldorei star/moon focused advanced magic that does feel it is a head of the human/high elf vein - which fits the lore. however they never really weave it into the mage order class properly or bring it out as part of the night elves (including the player nightborne) youjust know it is there in lore. They did the same with the Priest order hall, the Sisterhood of elune who has so many iconic lore stuff in 7.0 , especially Suramar and the Cathedral of Eternal night, plays no active role in the priest order hall, nor in the campaign in either Suramar or the Broken shore - which is a HUGE snub, given that we know they wrote an involved and distinc part fot hem for both 7.1 and 7.2 but changed it when they decided the nightborne would be playable and go horde and the legion and class order halls should have greater emphasis.

They distinctly cut down on the night elf lore and expression in legion, intentionally, which for those of us who had been waiting since classic for a big night elf moment, were disappointed when new stuff after the stuf fin the alpha/beta was release.. i.e. 7.1 onwards (alpha/beta had 7.0 and the nightold)

There certainly is a p lace for a unique night elven mage expression to play an influeneital role, as well as a blood elven one.

To be honest, the night elven highborene should either be a body over-seeing the kirin'tor (more like the Blue dragons - were a far more advnacd group that doesn't usually interfere but checks in to make sure they aren't doing anything reckless or dangerous) or leading it. While the blood elves should have a horde rrivalling mage organisation that was pushing ahead of the kirin'tor until the highborne joined the night elves giving them the greater advantage, only for that to be even'd out again with the nightborne joining the horde.

But then, if I were writing it, the highborne would not have been sharing secrets with the kirin'tor and would be separate, and the nightborne would have largely joined the night elves and regained their kaldorie forms, while those that joined the horde retained their nightwell altered forms. In classic, the alliance would only have gotten a faction of younger night elves, the WotA night elves, the bulk of the group would have been neutral, as would have been the nightborne only having some ally with the alliance in a regained kaldorei form and some allied with the horde, the rest would have been neutral joining the other neutral night elves. And been heavily involved with both the legion and Azshara.

The War of Thorns would have happened to Stormwind or Ironforge or Stromgarde instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Nightborne lore is so cheap, it's obvious that it was created in a hurry to match the void elves and give another elf race to the Horde.
    "We are night elves but for some reason we will join the ennemy of our race".
    It's as bad as the undead night elves.
    It wasn't, nightborne were not created to join the horde or have anything to do with the horde, it was just before 7.1 they decided that nightborne would both be playable but join the horde and then all of a sudden all that stuff with night elves in 7.0 disappeared and faded to nothing. Blood elves entered the show as attractive and compassionate, and the fact the story had had night elves finding the cure, working with their kin who'd been separated by the shield after 10k years.. all of that just fizzled out.

So really the nighborne lore that sends them to the horde is what was cheap and created in a hurry, but the void elves were even more rushed having no zone or proper time to meet them and quest with them. We all know the night elves and the alliance should have had some nightborne over on their side - because the nightborne are night elven kin from the same city as most of the WotA heores, not to mention the alliance forces were right there and the alliance has high elves and highborne on it too - what they should have done was to make the arcan'dor change a lot of the nightborne back to kaldorei form and have those ones side with the night elves and thea lliance, while those who didn't get it soon because they were mostly elites and had stayed loyal to Elisande till she started helping us, go horde because the others were going to punish them and restrict the arcan'dor fruit from them, the blood elves decide to help them because the blood knight leader is compassionate, but the magisters also want a lot of the lost night elven knowledge (different groups have differnet motives) and they join the horde as nigthborne.

But blizzard doesn't tend to care enough if you're not human or Orc once they've left your part in the story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's possible, depending on common the notion of Demon Hunters having a demonic soul actually is. Varedis, Loramus, and the Slayer seem to have have it, so Illysanna might as well. She could have an interesting story waiting for her in the future.
    yeh that would be awesome if they did

The WC3 Night Elves.

Regardless of how you cut it, any other incarnation is irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

If there's one thing we can all agree on...
    Three hard-core nazi genocidal characters xD
    Everyone got their own preference but liking those 3 is like adoring Stalin & Hitler.

Feral druidic nation.

highborne is love highborne is life.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    Because blood elves are not night elves...
    neither are nightborne

I've always liked Wardens the best. Especially when Maiev gets all zealoty and puts her vengeance pants on.

No one would dare burn any trees if she was in charge!