Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Tuskarr for the Alliance pleaseeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    This frankly excites me. I would love warcraft 4 to take place on the other side of the globe... then warcraft 5 could be the major powers from 3 and 4 encountering each other.

Maybe the other side is more modern, low magic? That'd be a neat dichotomy.
    They could even be titan descendants not effected by the curse of flesh yet.

5+ Year Old Account
    Boat races. Yeah. Those are fun to watch. Formula 1 was good too, but in recent years all the excitement is gone. It is more about corporate shenaningans than actual racing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still for Evolved Troggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    This frankly excites me. I would love warcraft 4 to take place on the other side of the globe... then warcraft 5 could be the major powers from 3 and 4 encountering each other.

Maybe the other side is more modern, low magic? That'd be a neat dichotomy.
    Well Blizz would have to decide whether or not Warcraft 4 sets up an expansion or a sequel, and an expansion makes more sense to me, even with my admittedly low understanding of Corporate planning

Personally I think they could possibly manage to scoot the alliance and/or Horde in by saying Varian and Vol'jin sent them over while we a taking care of the Iron Horde, as little sense as it makes

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually would like to see more of the old races, they don't have to be for the sake of Allied Races:

But i would like:

A) Mogu reconstructing their empire somewhere else (to eventually try to retake Pandaria), in the same island we could have Sauroks (be it feral or in the service of the Mogu)

B) A great cave complex that goes into part of the reclaimed Nerubian empire (maybe the Mogu and Nerubian are fighting over each other empire and/or technology)

C) Ogrila (the amazon like island where we have mainly female ogres)

D) More Vrykuls, not all clans or tribes got with the Lich King or got into the Broken Shores, maybe see more of the connection of the Vrykuls / Kvaldir and the enemies the alliance fight in this expansion (don't know the name of the thorn like people)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I actually would like to see more of the old races, they don't have to be for the sake of Allied Races:

But i would like:

A) Mogu reconstructing their empire somewhere else (to eventually try to retake Pandaria), in the same island we could have Sauroks (be it feral or in the service of the Mogu)

B) A great cave complex that goes into part of the reclaimed Nerubian empire (maybe the Mogu and Nerubian are fighting over each other empire and/or technology)

D) More Vrykuls, not all clans or tribes got with the Lich King or got into the Broken Shores, maybe see more of the connection of the Vrykuls / Kvaldir and the enemies the alliance fight in this expansion (don't know the name of the thorn like people)
    I agree with A only because I like seeing the Mogu getting humbled

I’d love the return of the Mogu. Lei Shen’s son or daughter, don’t care which, rebuild the Empire, over multiple expacs, slowly they are this this big Azshara like threat.

Recently fleshed out a race I mentioned in the flavor lore for the Haetos from my earlier post

Hostile; Aprool: a bulky medium sized cannibalistic race of ape people they appear similar to a mix between Mandrills and Gorillas along with a set of Large tusks resembling those of Trolls, males and females are distinguished by the males having larger tusks and colored patterns on their faces, and the females being smaller, the chieftains of their tribes are generally the biggest male, though the tribe is mainly lead by the "Priests" "Shamans" and "Druids" of the tribe who often set the tribe to gathering "game" and lead ceremonies to devoted to their gods, the Aprools view all other races as beneath them and are extremely stubborn, believing they always know how to please other races their gods whom are all given 1 sacrifice from each tribe to feed on(even thought most of their gods are either ethereal beings beyond sight, or a wild god that doesn't even eat meat), any non-aprool who expresses displeasure in their actions are brushed off as "selfish and ungrateful", their society is usually centered on the largest or most powerful chieftain in all the tribes, who is given offering by lesser tribes, the only other traditional caste is the religious leaders, who while called priests, shamans, and druids, are in reality actually necromancers, dark shamans, and bloodcasters respectively. the last high chieftain Groon, was killed by the Haetos in their first confrontations, when the aprool tried to cook their children into a cure for a strange incurable headache that plagued Groon, and most tribes have refused to appoint a new one and wish to sacrifice all the Haetos to Groon, either as vengeance for his death, or to appease the ailness Groon suffered in life

I may have gone a little overboard

Edit:There is also a popular saying the Aprool have; Groon is love, Groon is life
    Last edited by Psykho; 2019-05-13 at 04:43 PM.

@Psykho fun aprool, but WoW has so many races that “see themselves as better than other races.” A different thought could be that they are highly distrustful of anyone outside their clan/tribe/group that they resort to seclusion and violence; even to other aprool groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Antorus ended with a Cinematic of Sargeras stabbing Azeroth and it is clearly shown as a globe
    Nah that was green screen effect. Azeroth is clearly flat. All those images of a spherical orb of Azeroth and though we can see Azeroth from Vindicaar is just fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Another ten breeds of elf.

Maybe a dozen or so humans for all the weight and height types.

And we can't add more races without giving the furries something disgusting to fantasize about. Let's give them some kind of cat. Maybe an elephant.

In all seriousness though, I don't really give a damn. I just hope we don't see any of them made into allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    @Psykho fun aprool, but WoW has so many races that “see themselves as better than other races.” A different thought could be that they are highly distrustful of anyone outside their clan/tribe/group that they resort to seclusion and violence; even to other aprool groups.
    Yes but this is kind of a different take, in that unlike most, their actually not that great, at least Mogu had an empire, and in my head the Aprool are kind of obnoxious, I mean imagine a chimpanzee in a diaper trying to tell you all the ways he's better than you

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea, could be a whole Titan Facility landscape for all we know or the corpse of of a consumed Old God(That we haven't heard about yeah deal with it). Really its up to the imagination of the devs.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing, i wish that azeroth is now fully discovered, we don't want another out of their a88 sh8t discovery like how the -supposed- sunken zandalari island became anti-water or something
    (the art is great, but i hate the idea itself)
    if anything, i wish for more outland, the outland we found is way too small to be an entire 'planet'
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

What we need is not another side of Azeroth but rather what would happen if like 20000 years have passed. New zones, new factions, new leaders, new game, coming in 2034 kids!!

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Also, the chances of there being "another side of Azeroth" seem pretty slim, based on what we've seen of globes and map representations so far.
    it absolutely doesn't matter, if they decide that they need to invent a new land mass for a new xpack they will do it regardless of what some obscure asset half hidden in a dungeon somewhere might depict

as for new races it all comes down to how much time people spent unlocking races and leveling new chars

if its significant then it means that making new races (or even worse, recolors aka allied races) is a relatively cheap way to keep people playing and they will do more of that

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

But i would like:

Ogrila is already a place. Maybe Ogrezonia? Do you mean the Drust when you say thorn like people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has "borrowed" from a lot of real world cultures. The only culture I can think of that they haven't borrowed form is Polynesian. I would love for them do have a cool forest-dwelling Polynesian culture reminiscent of NZ Maori.

Ooh! Or humans not corrupted by the curse of flesh.
    Last edited by Kyux; 2019-05-11 at 11:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Something made of stone. Something like this.

Then something like the Swamp Thing.

You know what would be cool? If we went to the other side and discovered that some thousand years ago, a ship of aliens crashed and developed their own little civilization. But they were the lower life forms of that species. Something like District 9, conceptually.