Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    Singapore, as an example. Not once have I ever encountered hostility to me because I'm Malay in Singapore. Lots of hostility in Europe because I'm not white. As a matter of fact, I haven't faced hostility due to being Malay in Indonesia either.
    What sort of shithole are you traveling to that you're facing hostility openly? You have to be in some pretty nasty places if there's people being openly aggressive towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What sort of shithole are you traveling to that you're facing hostility openly? You have to be in some pretty nasty places if there's people being openly aggressive towards you.
    I lived in a nordic country for 7 years when I was younger.

People pulling their eyes and making racist jokes were commonplace in school and teachers did nothing about it.

You're assumed to be less intelligent if you can't speak without an accent.

If you complain about something, no matter how valid the complaint, you're told to go back to your country.

Not interacting with the local population because they're racist to you is somehow segregating myself. As if I'm supposed to tolerate being racist to me.

People will pretend to not understand what you're saying because you have an accent.

That's from age 7 to 14~, I've heard and read about people not getting jobs due to having non-white sounding names or being denied to rent apartments. I left the country due to how I was treated and nobody did anything about it. Best choice I have ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in a nordic country for 7 years when I was younger.

People pulling their eyes and making racist jokes were commonplace in school and teachers did nothing about it.

You're assumed to be less intelligent if you can't speak without an accent.

If you complain about something, no matter how valid the complaint, you're told to go back to your country.

Not interacting with the local population because they're racist to you is somehow segregating myself. As if I'm supposed to tolerate being racist to me.

People will pretend to not understand what you're saying because you have an accent.

That's from age 7 to 14~, I've heard and read about people not getting jobs due to having non-white sounding names or being denied to rent apartments. I left the country due to how I was treated and nobody did anything about it. Best choice I have ever made.
    Still sounds like you were in a pretty backward place.

I've lived in Denmark for 2 and half years and haven't been mistreated.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Singapore, as an example. Not once have I ever encountered hostility to me because I'm Malay in Singapore. Lots of hostility in Europe because I'm not white. As a matter of fact, I haven't faced hostility due to being Malay in Indonesia either.
    Not once has the current population of Singapore been informed that the Malay are morally superior to them, and that the Malay must constitute a majority of the population and that there is something sick and sinful about the current population of Singapore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Not once has the current population of Singapore been informed that the Malay are morally superior to them, and that the Malay must constitute a majority of the population and that there is something sick and sinful about the current population of Singapore.
    Doesn't happen in any western country either.

- - - Updated - - -

Still sounds like you were in a pretty backward place.

I've lived in Denmark for 2 and half years and haven't been mistreated.
    Because you're European. I was one of the few non-white people living in the town we lived in.

Look at this shit: https://twitter.com/BenJonesGI/statu...953282/video/1

You think Denmark is some tolerant place?

7+ Year Old Account
    You've never read a newspaper or gone to school or turned on the television then, congrats.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    You've never read a newspaper or gone to school or turned on the television then, congrats.
    Yeah, I did. No such thing happens.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Because you're European. I was one of the few non-white people living in the town we lived in.

Look at this shit: https://twitter.com/BenJonesGI/statu...953282/video/1

You think Denmark is some tolerant place?
    It doesn't matter as much as you think.

Given that in the city I am, the majority of the immigrant population is of African/middle eastern descent, I get confused as coming from those regions, or just plainly being confused with a muslim, cause apparently tanned people = muslims here, for some people at least.

But that's it.

That diagram is a load of shit.

Since when has Zimbabwe been an "African Islamic" country?

There are practically no Muslims in Zimbabwe. Also, it's actually a very secular country (unlike others in Eastern and Southern Africa - e.g., Malawi, Tanzania). It should be off to the right and up a lot, somewhere near Great Britain.

I bet you this diagram was drawn by Islamophobic European.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    That diagram is a load of shit.

Since when has Zimbabwe been an "African Islamic" country?

There are practically no Muslims in Zimbabwe. Also, it's actually a very secular country (unlike others in Eastern and Southern Africa - e.g., Malawi, Tanzania). It should be off to the right and up a lot, somewhere near Great Britain.

I bet you this diagram was drawn by Islamophobic European.
    That's a great way to show you don't understand it. It's never claimed it's an islamic country.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter as much as you think.

Given that in the city I am, the majority of the immigrant population is of African/middle eastern descent, I get confused as coming from those regions, or just plainly being confused with a muslim, cause apparently tanned people = muslims here, for some people at least.

But that's it.
    It does though.

That's a great way to show you don't understand it. It's never claimed it's an islamic country.
    Of course I don't understand it. It's a load of fucking nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It does though.
    It doesn't. I look different in a country where the majority is tall, white blond people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I did. No such thing happens.
    I am glad we must take you at your word for everything, what you claim to have experienced is the gospel of course, like the alleged super bigoted Europeans, but what I state isn't because of course you as the arbiter of fact via your alleged lived experience know all and see all.

You swerve all over the road like a drunk driver. Culture both don't exist, except when it does, and your alleged personal experiences must be taken as fact, but not others.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post

Aaaaaand I truly doubt that. I haven't met a single person that is racist against Asians in Europe, in almost 40 years of life. If anything, European men fetishize Asian women somewhat, and that's not even new, reading James Clavell should say all there is to be said about this.
    Here's the "Asians are not subjected to racism" denial again.

http://www.tobiashubinette.se/east_asians_2.pdf

Racism against Asian people in Sweden is everywhere, and break severy record. The hate is in commercials, on television, in movies andin music...I was born in South Korea, and was adopted to Sweden in the 1970s.With the exception from the China Theatre’s caricatured Chinese with a typical cone-formed coolie hat, a relatively harmless feature from aglorious but vanished colonial past, Asia wasn’t really present in my childhood. Surely, there were stereotypical East Asians in the children’s comic Bamse, and the adults could sometimes sing thepunch drinking song “The Chinese is yellow", but more or less in my childhood the only Asians in Sweden were thousands of other adopted children from Asia like myself, plus a small and insignificant number of highly educated immigrants. I was twelve when the highly popular music group Gyllene Tider had a hit with their song Teaser Japanese at the beginning of the 1980s,and overnight the docile and always available Asian woman was introduced to the Swedish people. In the 80s, Asian women married to Swedish men also started to arrive in Sweden, and completed thes tream of adopted children and the minimal brain drain immigration from Asia . Asian women were from now on commonly seen as prostitutes, while Asian men became perceived as ugly and repulsive. When I left highschool and the 1990s began, these stereotypes started to have an even bigger presence in my daily life, and now turned up in the world of movies. Kjell Sundvall’s beloved film Jägarna portrayed an Asian woman who in practice acted as owned by every Swedish man, and in Daniel Alfredson’s praised movie Tic Tac the geeky and nerdy Asian man with thick glasses turned up, even if the respected director in reality has a sister adopted from Korea. After the millennium shift, this yellow hate has exploded. The radical leftist and antiracist director Lukas Moodysson made use of a Chinese chef who couldn’t distinguish between "r" and "l" in his masterpiece Tillsammans, and for a second time Kjell Sundvall depicted Asian women as "yellow sluts" in his Beck-movie Enslingen. Mi Ridell dressed up as the Japanese journalist Oumi, a bizarre mix of a stupid-smart and cute-ugly Japanese woman, in her candid television show with the Swedish celebrity elite, and at the time of writing Eniro is pumping out a smiling ninja, Scan a crazy Samurai dad and Whiskas a pet-like "mail order bride” from China in their television commercials. The kids in the Scan commercial speak Chinese even though they are playing Japanese, and the Asian woman in the Whiskas commercial succeeds in having a Korean name, saying that she is from China andgiving a cat supposedly Chinese cat food with a Japanese text on the package. "Asians as Asians" is obviously the message, as we all well know that they all look alike and act the same, and the small Asian minority in Sweden consisting of adoptees to Swedish parents, wives to Swedish men and the first and second generations of completely integrated immigrants, are probably just too grateful and Westernised to protest, considering the complete silence that the yellow hate has met. Nowadays, I am so used to all these racial stereotypes of Asians in the Swedish society that I am no longer surprised when I see Swedes "playing Asian" on pubs and parties, copying the latest "yellow game"children’s television or the latest “gook sketch” from the show Parlamentet, pulling up their eye lids and chattering in a gibberish “Asian” language, while at the same time shaking out of laughter. Sometimes, I even wish that I was back in the 70s, when the children’s rhyme "mother Chinese, father Japanese, poor little retard child", was heard of, as if this was to uttered today, it would be so harmless in comparison to the contemporary racist repertoire.

https://kultwatch.se/2015/06/08/swed...o-gook-humour/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/w...-defecate.html

http://www.buddhamag.org/social-comm...im-jackie-chan

As for the portrayed as less intelligent, it applies to just about every immigrant from outside Europe who speaks with an accent. And that stereotype about smarts is racism.

The fetishism is based on racism too.

Keep being in denial. The worst part about the racism Asians face is that nobody cares, people only care when it's romani, africans or arabs facing racism.
    Last edited by Heran; 2019-05-12 at 10:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    ... was not saying it’s bad... only that I too was bitten...
    The tragedy of CryotriX hoping that ethnicity is a matter of appearances. The future can only be disappointments for that sort of mindset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Of course I don't understand it. It's a load of fucking nonsense.
    I also /shrugged a bit, but after a bit of reading it seems to make sense. A lot of info here: http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/WVSContents.jsp For what I can tell, those clusters are based on how populations in countries on average respond to questionnaire surveys. So this paper does not show that South Africa is an Islamic country (which was also one of the things I fell over), but that the values subtracted from the surveys somewhat groups with African-Islamic values. I think..
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaand I truly doubt that. I haven't met a single person that is racist against Asians in Europe, in almost 40 years of life. If anything, European men fetishize Asian women somewhat, and that's not even new, reading James Clavell should say all there is to be said about this.

PS: the Asian stereotype is that you are MORE intelligent than Europeans/Caucasian, not dumber. Your statements really make me scratch my head.
    While I'm inclined to believe Asians receive a generally less harsh treatment than darker skinned people might receive (based on anecdotical evidence, just to be clear), after being in contact with a few Asians here and being very close to one for a bit, I've found they generally do receive stereotype jokes/comments. Literally all of them experienced this on a not-infrequent basis. The most occurring one was the making of split-eyes by complete strangers or some verbal mockery of "their language". However, apparently the most vile treatment was not coming from Caucasian Europeans, but from Chinese people, as a few of them were from Taiwan.

But yeah, it seems they do experience it quite a bit (I have no reason to distrust their word, they are not agenda-driven or activist-types), but maybe not in a way that people here would label it as racism?
    is all about the image
    and not the art

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    The treatment arabs or africans get aren't due to their skin color. I'm not treated like they are even if I'm darker than most arabs I've met, I'm definitely darker than all swedes.
    Yeah I've kinda worded that part poorly. Maybe a better description would be people that are somewhat similar to stereotype caricatures of Arabs or Africans. I might have slipped a bit on the skin colour part there, as I'm half Arabic myself (have some facial features) but with a very light skin. And apart from some (consensual and reciprocal) mocking between friends, I've never experienced any form of racism to the likes that some more "defined" Arab friends have had.
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    I also /shrugged a bit, but after a bit of reading it seems to make sense. A lot of info here: http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/WVSContents.jsp For what I can tell, those clusters are based on how populations in countries on average respond to questionnaire surveys. So this paper does not show that South Africa is an Islamic country (which was also one of the things I fell over), but that the values subtracted from the surveys somewhat groups with African-Islamic values. I think..
    Thanks for linking the source. Will take a look.

7+ Year Old Account
    Once you mix the blood, you also mix the cultures, and kids grow experiencing the families from both sides, hopefully. Even though usually one culture in families ends up dominant, it still exposes the young to something different.

This is not something that will happen overnight, you keep omitting this. This is supposed to be a slow, yet steady process, occurring mostly around borders and intersections of cultures, for example on the shores of the Mediterranean, or on the area where China/South East Asia/Japan/Central Asia intersects etc., and expanding from there. If you allow identity consciousness to develop and succeed, you get trash like the Mexico border militias in the US, so you always need to make sure not to provoke this sort of panic and overload, as keeping society stable is a necessity.
    First, really once somone is a half or mix of anything they just adopt a new identity, a new tribe. For example White in America is mostly that, a conflegration of Europeans largely adopting a British Isles Colonial culture. Second, usually also anything to distinct and the child usually just identifies as the non-white relative. Barrack Obama is considered a Black American on looks alone despite being completely genetically unconnected to the history of slavery, and he is considered Black despite his white American mother.

It also is a process not born out by history, as history is filled with populations raping another, or intermarriage, ect, and yet they didn't become little cosmopolitans with no sense of personal identity, they were not suddenly rootless liberals. You mention Mexico, Mexico is itself a long story of that, and yet Mexico isn't some cosmopolitian international land of nowhere people.