Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    does that mean we get more character slots ? since all my 50 slots are used already
    its liekly to be in its own launcher, o option on the world of warcraft section where you select ptr, beta, or live, you would select vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Yea but tier sets were a neutral class specific as in one class tier for all races, a heritage class set would be a different class set for every race. Meaning a druid heritage set will look different on every race rather than every druid race look the same.
    Yes lets add 12 new sets that sou- oh wait... 12 is only one per class, now we need 1 version of each for each race... meaning 12x23 (as we know we have atleast 2 more allied races coming) to a total of 276 sets... more than we have had from every raid in the history of wow.

"hey lets just tell blizzard to make as more sets then every raid ever has made, but in one patch!"
    for comparison we have had 22 raid teirs, each with 9-12 raid sets (9-12 because vanilla and tbc did not have dk, and so on with the other sets)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Seriously Blizz, can we get those armors? Hell next expansion, they should give us class quests again. I miss class stuff.
    to make a unique armor set for every race, for every class would mean more sets then we have had ever given to us by raids COMBINED.
    12x23+races=275
    vanilla =45
    tbc=36
    wotlk=38
    cata=30
    mop=33
    wod=66
    Legion=100
    (not bounting BFA) 348, so actuallty less, but not by much.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yea but tier sets were a neutral class specific as in one class tier for all races, a heritage class set would be a different class set for every race. Meaning a druid heritage set will look different on every race rather than every druid race look the same.
    Not a chance. Way too much effort for them to put into this game.

I mean have you seen this expansions sets? Toppled with the fact that they couldn't even get this Allied Races emotes fully ready for launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not a chance. Way too much effort for them to put into this game.

I mean have you seen this expansions sets? Toppled with the fact that they couldn't even get this Allied Races emotes fully ready for launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes lets add 12 new sets that sou- oh wait... 12 is only one per class, now we need 1 version of each for each race... meaning 12x23 (as we know we have atleast 2 more allied races coming) to a total of 276 sets... more than we have had from every raid in the history of wow.

"hey lets just tell blizzard to make as more sets then every raid ever has made, but in one patch!"
    for comparison we have had 22 raid teirs, each with 9-12 raid sets (9-12 because vanilla and tbc did not have dk, and so on with the other sets)

- - - Updated - - -
    Can you two let me dream? :*(

Still think it'd be cool though...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Feel free to dream. But expecting them to put any effort into armor design now when the current ones have been very uninspired since they don't have to make as many unique models and just palette swap well....

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to dream. But expecting them to put any effort into armor design now when the current ones have been very uninspired since they don't have to make as many unique models and just palette swap well....
    I know, I know... but still doesn't make me want it any less.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I know, I know... but still doesn't make me want it any less.
    Don't worry mate. A lot of people want that design philosophy back in WoW.

Was fuelled by passion and the interest to make an amazing product.

7+ Year Old Account

Still think it'd be cool though...
    i would love if it was that easy, when i was a kid my dream job was going to blizzard and giving them ideas for all the coolest armors.

but the thing is making an idea, making some concept art for armor, that is the easy part, literally anyone can come up with a cool idea
    "legion raid, for warrior they are an Infernal, warlocks are Inquisitor, Priest is the shivvarah, paladin is felguard, etc"

concept art is easier, each of those armors above is like 20$ and 45 minutes of work, that is the easy part.

making it into the 3d model, and making sure it works right, adding the phsyics, and arranging it on all the models. that is the part that takes days.

I love the art, well most of it, sometimes I feel like he goes too much into "warlocks use shadow" i mean yes... but we also have fire, and fel, and soul... you dont need ot make EVERYTHING purple for warlocks...
    but its no where near making a 3d model.

- - - Updated - - -

they have always pallet swapped, and have you seen the pvp armor and how bloody fucking amazing it is? same with the BoD armor? that triceratops shoulderpiece is legendary. also since when is pallet swap a bad thing? i want like 10 colours of every single armor, i want MORE choices.
    "Wtf blizzard ANOTHER infernal recolour!?"
    YES PLEASE i want MORE infernal colours, green, red, and icey blue is not enough, i want purple, i want black, i want light, i want electric.

"wow red and purple demon bat dog? come on"
    NO I WANT MORE WHERE IS MY FEL ONE!? IIIII WAAAANT FEEEEL ONEEEEE!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-05-14 at 02:54 AM.

Yay we got druids dance butno more class changes. AEWSOME CONTENT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Like the title says, who really cares?
    I don't understand...???

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    The raptor dance is really really bad. All Druid forms dance as if it was an animal dancing, but the raptor one dances with human arms and looks stupid. Ridiculous!
    It IS the only druid non-boomkin form to be bipedal. It's obvious its dance would be different than all the quadrupedal ones.

- - - Updated - - -

We had that.

It was called Tier Sets. Which they scrapped for the garbage Azerite system and so they didn't have to put as much work into designing a set for each individual class.
    Yeah. I totally loved having the next tier's set pieces sitting in my bank unusued for months because the old tier set was so good the ilvl increase wasn't worth it until I got the entire 4pc. Is there anything you don't bitch about. Everything you do is garbage this and lazy that.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its liekly to be in its own launcher, o option on the world of warcraft section where you select ptr, beta, or live, you would select vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

to make a unique armor set for every race, for every class would mean more sets then we have had ever given to us by raids COMBINED.
    12x23+races=275
    vanilla =45
    tbc=36
    wotlk=38
    cata=30
    mop=33
    wod=66
    Legion=100
    (not bounting BFA) 348, so actuallty less, but not by much.
    Your math is wrong. Not every race has every class, which is what your 23x12 figure comes from. Put a little more thought into your response.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They have added more unique models then they did in legion which was filled with palette swaps, i mean really.

I really love the raptor dance, it's my favorite druid dance by far. It almost makes me want to level a zandalari druid even though I already have a darkspear druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks better than most sets I've seen Blizzard produce in a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Your math is wrong. Not every race has every class, which is what your 23x12 figure comes from. Put a little more thought into your response.
    Wow i actuallty completey forgot that, good point thanks for pointing that out.
    until someday they just give every race every class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Really? legion had some of the most badass sets in the past 14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Agreed. Should take a bigger look at fan stuff dude.

There is loads of stuff that's done a lot better than Blizzard.

Legion had some ok sets but final tier was all awful because they know they didn't really have to put much work into it with them going away for the palette swaps and less sets in BFA.

why is fan art on the front page? it all looks great, sure, but it's like "hey guys, this shit looks good huh? you want it? awwwww too bad XD"
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Cash shop emotes when?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Cash shop emotes when?
    I see it happening. Especially if the game goes B2P/F2P.

Definitely see them selling an Allied Race unlock in the future which if they do then I definitely won't be coming back.

Yes, Handclaw's stuff is pretty good. As far as I know, he cannot model and unwrap, though, so that's probably why he'd never get hired. I feel like Blizzard should try to have a separate concepting team, though- just for fresh ideas, because a lot of the sets in BfA just feel uninspired, and you can't blame lack of time on that entirely, especially when they were going on about how having a set per armor specialization instead of per class would lead to higher quality and more inspired sets, which is obviously untrue in hindsight.

Anyway, point being, he has good ideas and whenever he posts something in discord, it makes me sad we'll never get it, but he's not a 3D artist so he probably wouldn't fit in Blizzard's current structure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well I'd argue a lot of sets in BFA look cool - there's just not enough. No tier sets to me will always seem so lazy
    Are any of them really "I gave up 12 sets for 4" cool? BoD comes closest to it. Uldir just feels generic and Eternal Palace is just an embarrassment, imo.

3/4 Warfront armor "tiers" look pretty good, the Night Elf one feels unfinished and soulless, especially compared to Forsaken.

Dwarf heritage armor looks great for the most part, Blood Elf has a good idea but feels severely underworked.