Lightbulb Feedback about your/our favorite game!

So there has been much talk recently about how wow isn't doing so well, Bfa is certainly a down point and we all hope they'll recover afterall WOD was the greatest dark before the light of Legion Bfa may bring rise to something fantastic from lessons they had to learn.

However there are loads of "don't have a negative opinion the devs/writers/etc know better than you, its their job."
    I've always had a problem with that, its like a chef cooking a rat instead of a beef burger and you having to eat it because he's the chef, it makes no sense but its been quite a debate with most of the time the people designing the game only sometimes coming out and saying "no we like to hear feedback it helps!" because sometimes that feedback they get is toxic rage.. and its useless to everyone.

However i sat down to watch something while i ate and i found it pretty interesting its even many years old now!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHg99hwQGY
    Its a video about designing Magic the gathering, and it does cover player feedback, and it does say "players know when something is wrong, but they are ill equipped to fix it" because there are likely design limitations and many other things.

So i'd like to bring it to everyone's attention and remind everyone that Feedback is GREAT! but phrase it carefully and respectfully, And in reverse it'd be really great if people who think that companies and artists and writers etc.. can never make a mistake and anyone who complains should be quiet the feedback is wanted its okay to feel differently but don't shut people down because of your personal feelings.

I think the video does a great job at explaining not everyone is going to love/hate everything too, its really much more interesting than i thought it would be as i haven't played magic in over a decade, However it addresses game design as a whole and other fields its really good, so try to set aside the time if you are on either side of this debate!
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

this does not help on mmo-champions where nobody actually plays wow and are illusory about the opinions of others
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    this does not help on mmo-champions where nobody actually plays wow and are illusory about the opinions of others
    this is true, i'm not currently playing wow i left my sub fall off until 8.2 or classic and went to play ffxiv, but its still a great watch FOR EVERYONE! most of all those thinking they know best about all situations and feedback isn't needed lol.
    Its really something game dev's from Warcraft really need to see too.. so they understand another AP grind isn't what is needed.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.