How long does it take to do 20-100 with dungeons only?

If I have a healer and all heirlooms, how long will take me to do 20-100 with dungeons? is there any zone where you prefer quests over dungeons?

Depends how much you're going to play. Are you going to play 1-2 hours per day or 8 hours per day?

Just quest and do the 5 mans only once for quests, but do every 5 man.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I leveled 20-120 last week and it took 48h played through dungeons which includes long 15min queues around level 60+

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    If I have a healer and all heirlooms, how long will take me to do 20-100 with dungeons? is there any zone where you prefer quests over dungeons?
    On average 3 days but with a cordinated group like 2 days. In legion I could pull and kite an entire dungeon but I'm not sure about bfa. This was after the buff but not before the hotfixes.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Just quest and do the 5 mans only once for quests, but do every 5 man.
    Ding, ding, ding. Also makesure you are getting plenty of rested exp. I like making a toon, and getting it to an inn ASAP then just leting it sit until I am ready to level it up.

In /2 city chat last night, some dude said it's so easy to get to 120. He said it takes him from fresh level 1 to 120 only 8 hrs. I said no flipping way. He said with heirlooms and questing in the right zines it takes one long afternoon day to level to max. I don't believe that.

i usually level my allied races 20-80 through dungeons and while in the queue I quest.
    In MoP quests give ALOT of exp so do that from 80-90.
    90-102 treasure chests in Draenor with garrison exp buff pot.
    102-110 valsharah and a bit of azsuna (legion invasions when available)
    110-120 quest tiragarde+drustvar and do campaign quests when available

20 (1) - 80 is super fast with dungeons now, the random algorithms tries to pick only the dungeons you did not complete yet, we had only one dungeon twice (and several not at all). You will make 1-2 levels per dungeon.

From 80 on dungeons will not be worth it, you will only make around 1/3-1/2 level per dungeon, and the amount of available dungeons is pretty small (and cata and wod dungeons seem to be fairly overtuned). Questing (and collecting treasures) will be your way from then on. Wod and Legion (especially since an invasion now gives almost four levels) are ridiculously quick to level through.

It took us pretty much 24h overall /played from 20 to 120 last week (both druids, so had every role covered). If you wait for rested bonus and only level on weekends you could probably even cut quite some time there.

Doing only dungeons is ridiculously boring, regardless of whether it's the best method or not. I believe it's not, but I am not 100% sure.

The problem with dungeons is that a large chunk of XP you get from them comes from the quests, meaning you only get the full xp once per dungeon. As mentioned above, the LFG now favors dungeons you haven't done, clearly. I have leveled multiple characters and this is what's mostly happening to me. Rarely do I get the same dungeon twice, if there are still ones that I haven't done available.

I would honestly recommend just doing quests + queueing for dungeons in the meantime. Doing that as a DPS, you will usually end up doing every dungeon once by the time you get to the end of the level bracket.

In Draenor you want to skip questing and dungeons entirely and just stick to treasures + bonus objectives. This is faster by a lot than any other method.

In legion just stick to the invasions, unless you really want the max level right now, but it's very inefficient.

PS1. And yeah, skip cata dungeons. They are long and annoying, with painful mechanics. Stick to Pandaria dungeons in 80-90 bracket.

Ps2.
    (especially since an invasion now gives almost four levels) are ridiculously quick to level through.
    No way in hell is that possible. Unless you mean with some kind of RaF bonuses and such.

PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    In /2 city chat last night, some dude said it's so easy to get to 120. He said it takes him from fresh level 1 to 120 only 8 hrs. I said no flipping way. He said with heirlooms and questing in the right zines it takes one long afternoon day to level to max. I don't believe that.
    Yeah this isn't possible. Maybe some kind of insane min/maxed world record with consumables and movement speed potions could do it, but definitely not just regular leveling. 1-110 should be around 20 hours +/- depending on how fast you are.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-05-15 at 02:38 PM.