Poll: Who will be in charge next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Alliance Who will be in charge next?

We have some pretty conclusive evidence with the newest Saurfang whining cinematic that Thrall's out of the running and Saurfang himself is old. So which of the three paragons of muh honor will occupy the seat next?

This isn't a preference poll, but rather who you think will be the one to grab the chair and why.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I think Baine.

I think they know Baine is a botched character. I highly doubt they'd pick him.

5+ Year Old Account
    If Sylvanas doesn't remain as warchief, there will be no Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think they know Baine is a botched character. I highly doubt they'd pick him.
    they chose to do MoP 2.0 and lied about it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

None of them. The Horde's leadership should shift to a "war council" sort of thing, with the leader of each race having a seat on the council.

Not only would this give the Horde a small bit of uniqueness leadership-wise (Alliance having one leader, Horde having several) it would also prevent the Horde's leader-of-the-week from making another stupid decision (burning Teldrassil because a Night Elf was a meanie-head, giving up a Malfurion kill because muh honor) without the approval of the rest, and will hopefully prevent another Horde rebellion storyline from happening in the future.

I recognize that, for this to happen, several races need a leader to step up. Darkspear sort of have Rokhan being built up to that, Orcs I'm not sure, maybe Thrall will be more willing to return if he's not the only leader.

For reference, I'm sure it's Baine. It's pretty clearly telegraphed. He's the one to whinge at Sylvanas first and be the centerpiece of all dissent from 8.1 onwards, up to 8.2 where Saurfang and Thrall team up to free him. The game beats us over the head about how he represents all that is good in the Horde and both of his competitors have taken themselves out of the running.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    they chose to do MoP 2.0 and lied about it.
    Seemingly. I'm still hopeful for a bait & switch, with MoP allusions being the bait.
    Call me overly optimistic, I'll own that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    For reference, I'm sure it's Baine. It's pretty clearly telegraphed. He's the one to whinge at Sylvanas first and be the centerpiece of all dissent from 8.1 onwards, up to 8.2 where Saurfang and Thrall team up to free him. The game beats us over the head about how he represents all that is good in the Horde and both of his competitors have taken themselves out of the running.
    Unless they're actually destroying the faction barrier at the end of BfA, I just don't see Baine working.
    His best friend is literally the king of Stormwind. How can their be alliance/horde tension going forward with that nonsense?

Unless they're actually destroying the faction barrier at the end of BfA, I just don't see Baine working.
    His best friend is literally the king of Stormwind. How can their be alliance/horde tension going forward with that nonsense?
    They've been hard at work eliminating all alliance-Horde conflict this expansion by turning Sylvanas into Satan, ignoring the night elves' grievances and turning Jaina and Genn into peaceniks who align with Anduin. The endgame of this will likely be some kind of peace mode where you can do PvE content cross-faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They've been hard at work eliminating all alliance-Horde conflict this expansion by turning Sylvanas into Satan, ignoring the night elves' grievances and turning Jaina and Genn into peaceniks who align with Anduin. The endgame of this will likely be some kind of peace mode where you can do PvE content cross-faction.
    And if that is indeed the case, I agree with your assessment regarding Baine.

10+ Year Old Account
    No option for Zappy Boi, once again an inferior poll.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    None of them. The Horde's leadership should shift to a "war council" sort of thing, with the leader of each race having a seat on the council.

Not only would this give the Horde a small bit of uniqueness leadership-wise (Alliance having one leader, Horde having several) it would also prevent the Horde's leader-of-the-week from making another stupid decision (burning Teldrassil because a Night Elf was a meanie-head, giving up a Malfurion kill because muh honor) without the approval of the rest, and will hopefully prevent another Horde rebellion storyline from happening in the future.

I recognize that, for this to happen, several races need a leader to step up. Darkspear sort of have Rokhan being built up to that, Orcs I'm not sure, maybe Thrall will be more willing to return if he's not the only leader.
    "Burning teldrassil because a night elf was a meanie-head"

How have people still not read A Good War? Like... You don't even have to pay for that story, you just have to want to know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    No option for Zappy Boi, once again an inferior poll.
    You wound me. My polls are always of exceeding quality.

Saurfang becomes warchief, gets mortally wounded in a pointless battle, proceeds to name Gallywix as his successor and the cycle restarts anew.

I like the War Council idea. I do not want Saurfang as a leader. I use to absolutely love him, but the muh honor thing has just made him the wrong choice, as it would prevent many events and conflicts in the future from being solved as readily. And I doubt he would want the Forsaken present anymore, which brings me to Baine for the same reasons. He's insufferably 'good'. Not the morally grey they keep sprouting off about. He's more Alliance than Horde in his actions. It's not a bad thing, but it's also not how The Horde rolls as a whole. I'd be fine with Thrall returning, so long as he finds his balls after the way he was in both Cata and Legion.

If we end up with Sylvanas still, I'd be fine with that. She's always been my favourite character. Yeah, she messed up. Did awful things and The Alliance deserves justice and I can't see any way for her to remain in power.

But for the poll, it seems like they're really pushing for the bovine and if that's what ends up happening, ugh. I don't know if the Horde will be for me anymore. :P

Seemingly. I'm still hopeful for a bait & switch, with MoP allusions being the bait.
    Call me overly optimistic, I'll own that.
    Overly optimistic is a severe understatement here.

But that's it, Blizzard doesn't want faction tensions. Faction tensions are evil. That's the lesson Horde was supposed to learn in MoP but didn't. And since they can't destroy faction barriers due to game mechanics, Baine as Warchief is the path they are going to choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

thrall, which will pass the lead to saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    "Burning teldrassil because a night elf was a meanie-head"

How have people still not read A Good War? Like... You don't even have to pay for that story, you just have to want to know what you're talking about.
    I have read both Elegy and A Good War. They were the only genuinely decent things that came out of the War of the Thorns, and the fact that the game's actual writing is so much worse than them is pretty tragic.

My comment was pretty clearly comedic exaggeration, just like the "muh honor" one. Sylvanas' reason for doing it was not the point of what I said, the point was that whatever her reason, it was a stupid decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Saurfang becomes warchief, gets mortally wounded in a pointless battle, proceeds to name Gallywix as his successor and the cycle restarts anew.
    Finally someone with some sense - Blizzard, hire this man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think this cinematic puts either Thrall or Saurfang out of the running, as it were. As for who it will be I can't say - I have some ideas, but there's a lot of story yet to be told.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Overly optimistic is a severe understatement here.
    /shrug
    I find it hard to believe leadership at every level of a business signed off on a story they did two expansions prior. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But that's it, Blizzard doesn't want faction tensions. Faction tensions are evil. That's the lesson Horde was supposed to learn in MoP but didn't. And since they can't destroy faction barriers due to game mechanics, Baine as Warchief is the path they are going to choose.
    Repeatedly, since the beginning of the game, they've said the faction conflict and divide are intrinsic to Warcraft.