Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Outland in general does not even make sense. Ultimately the water would just all fall off after a short while and that would be it. Also it should have no atmosphere or sufficient gravity and would be completely open to radiation.
    well, it seems that space just doesn't work the same way in wow. we're all riding on top of kil'jaeden's ship in that legion cinematic, when it leaves hyperspace into the orbit of argus.

and for water on outland, i'd assume the elementals of outland just generate new water.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is in a few short stories and books around cata, the orcs were starving, because the Thrall decided to settle in there, even though he could have chosen a different patch of land. It is one of the reasons why Garrosh policies were so popular.
    Yeah back when Garrosh was still a half-decent warchief instead of the lunatic they made him in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's in the nether though. Going by fantasy logic, hyper space and equivalents (the Astral Plane, the twisting Nether) have localized gravity for narrative ease. It doesn't help that we keep seeing waterfalls off the edge of the planet.
    The energies of the twisting nether, can in theory keep everything going, if the elements tap into its raw power.

Seeing how buff Thrall is he need all the wheat in Nagrand for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It is slowly deteriorating as indicated by degrading wheat. It's basically a world existing on borrowed time. That's the whole point Saurfang initially tried to make.
    I will reply you and @Combatbulter, @Chonar and @Syegfryed at the same time - yes,the wheat Saurfang touched was dying,but it could be dying from something else than just the environment - like 2 undead rogues,who were hiding in the field and who make everything they touch to decay. Probably,when he picked up the wheat,he was on their trail and they helped him find Thrall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Which part when Saurfang says for "this world looks good but it's wrong", you did not understand?

Thrall has sense. WarCraft needs conflict.
    And what is right then? To pillage lush forests of Ashenvale,because "I don't like living in my ancestral homeland"?

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I will reply you and @Combatbulter, @Chonar and @Syegfryed at the same time - yes,the wheat Saurfang touched was dying,but it could be dying from something else than just the environment - like 2 undead rogues,who were hiding in the field and who make everything they touch to decay. Probably,when he picked up the wheat,he was on their trail and they helped him find Thrall.
    That is not how undeath works, they can touch things just fine without stuff withering. It has been established many times that outland is dying as it is. Nagrand is one of the few spots left that harbours any kind "stable" of ecosystem the rest has mostly crumbled away and is almost barren.

Saurfang even repeats the notion during this conversation

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, idk if any of you have ever held a piece of grain, or if anyone from blizzard ever has, but it pretty much crumbles like that when you squeeze it.

it was a bit of a stupid plant for such an analogy.

idk, that cinematic did nothing but make nagrand look perfectly habitable and relatively safe and without problems.
    This is Azeroth. The plant life there doesn't follow the same rules as the plant life here. Look at sea stalk. We can't judge how our grain behaves to how it should in game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    too unlikely that "especially that one he touched" was the one who "was sick", its rly a strech, even more the undead thing

rly, its not too hard, the world is a broken world, with no sustainable life, nagrand alone could not provide sustainable resources and could not provide alone for the entire horde.

To pillage lush forests of Ashenvale,because "I don't like living in my ancestral homeland"?
    taking resources that elves don't use for the living its not pillage.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is not how undeath works, they can touch things just fine without stuff withering. It has been established many times that outland is dying as it is. Nagrand is one of the few spots left that harbours any kind "stable" of ecosystem the rest has mostly crumbled away and is almost barren.

Saurfang even repeats the notion during this conversation
    But it's not that everything is dark and withered like in Desolace - there's still a grass growing,herbs,trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    taking resources that elves don't use for the living its not pillage.
    i mean, it's the elves' land. whether they're using it or not isn't the orc's business.

you try saying some rich asshole's 50 acres of land isn't being used, so you're free to take trees and animals from it. see how quickly law enforcement comes and shits down your neck.

i mean, idk if any of you have ever held a piece of grain, or if anyone from blizzard ever has, but it pretty much crumbles like that when you squeeze it.

it was a bit of a stupid plant for such an analogy.

idk, that cinematic did nothing but make nagrand look perfectly habitable and relatively safe and without problems.
    Yes it does, when you squeeze it. Not when you just hold it. It also doesn't disintegrate into dust, but rather falls apart. Obvious difference, really.

- - - Updated - - -

And what is right then? To pillage lush forests of Ashenvale,because "I don't like living in my ancestral homeland"?
    No, you are wrong.

I do not get why ppl always thinks that kind of stuff, like Sylvanas let Baine frees Derek because it was part of her plan. It was not.

And it is like that in the video. The wheat is dying, the world is dying. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did Thrall get back to Nagrand in the first place? I thought the dark portal was out of use? How did Saurfang get there?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yes it does, when you squeeze it. Not when you just hold it. It also doesn't disintegrate into dust, but rather falls apart. Obvious difference, really.
    it did crumble a bit when he just picked it up, yes.

but he also rubbed his thumb over it when it really started to break.

but at any rate, either it works well enough to survive, or all of the kurenai and mag'har have entirely moved over to azeroth, and we sure as shit haven't seen that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Smarter orcs have moved into the barrens and started colonizing the lands there. It would make much more sense for the Horde to turn the Barrens into their Westfall, instead of ignoring the lush land the Cataclysm brought them.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    i mean, it's the elves' land. whether they're using it or not isn't the orc's business.
    And orcs can do what they want to provide for their families if there is no empathy behind.

you try saying some rich asshole's 50 acres of land isn't being used, so you're free to take trees and animals from it. see how quickly law enforcement comes and shits down your neck.
    good thing this is not real world and things are not that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And orcs can do what they want to provide for their families if there is no empathy behind.

good thing this is not real world and things are not that simple
    might not be the real world, but that's exactly how you're seeing it.

if you want a country comparison, it's like loggers and hunters from russian karelia going into finnish land and taking trees and wood.

it's not the night elf's problem that the orcs chose to live in the shittiest place possible for some idiotic idea of penance. empathy has nothing to do with it. no nation is bound by empathy to take care of another nation's people.

15+ Year Old Account
    If outland is falling apart why did we have to level in this horrible place that looks even worse than oggrimar? And why don't they ask the goblins to build a spaceship and move to a planet for ugly shreks?
    Sorry I had to. Couldn't resist
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    might not be the real world, but that's exactly how you're seeing it.

if you want a country comparison, it's like loggers and hunters from russian karelia going into finnish land and taking trees and wood.

it's not the night elf's problem that the orcs chose to live in the shittiest place possible for some idiotic idea of penance. empathy has nothing to do with it. no nation is bound by empathy to take care of another nation's people.
    Again, its to much for a race so attach to live negate trade and kill anyone who tried to get resources of the lands that they barely live and use nothing of it, resources that most of it they can just make it grow again, just because for then its sacred

Its not orc problem that elves are bigots racists that refuse any other approach

you can talk about real world law or other bullshit, but things needed to be done so they didn't starve, and now only the law of the conquer of who is stronger remain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Thrall wants his people to suffer. Not him though, he’s happy to live on a nice farm far away from responsibility.

I would really like to know how viable Outland is as a planet, it seems crops can grow there fine (Wheat does disintegrate like that when you touch it).

It’s probably one of the biggest lore curiosities I have.