Poll: Would you join Sylvanas' 3rd Faction

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you got 3 choices

1. Horde
    2. Alliance
    3. creative suicide

Even though the numbers aren't balanced or indicative of the community by any means, I'm kind of surprised how the poll has turned out so far

Depends. Will Alliance and Horde be all mopey and talk about "muh honor" and "what's right" while acting sad about everything at all times? Hell yeah I would.

100% I would. I want to be in the antagonistic Horde or whatever faction this would be not the milquetoast honor Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    thats no fun idea. thats my idea and i dont like how you use it without even flagging me..

i posted that as a statement to the warbringer movies. because they show 3 factions and my hypothesis was, they split and add a new one.

so at least mention that. idea grieving scu*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    There does need to be a faction change somehow. Most of the races and leaders haven't made sense being a part of the "horde" for a while now.
    Like how? the only weird ones right now are the Forsaken, and mostly because of Sylvanas influence

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Yes and No?

My main is and will always be Horde. Sylvanas would treat the living races the same way Garrosh treated non-orcish ones. My characters would have no reason to follow her, even if it was out of loyalty because she shows none to us. I'd only join a third faction lead by her if she had exclusive races, since I don't like duplicate characters or race/faction swapping.
    This doesn't really make any sense though. The forsaken are just humans and elves. Any race can be undead.

They could easily just give an option to die in game and be resurrected as an undead version of whatever you were before. The Nathanos kind where you're just a little paler and have red eyes.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Yeah I would. Love Sylvanas and not a fan of how they are portraying the rest of the horde major characters. They are kinda being little bitches.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2019-05-16 at 07:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean the undead split off from horde?

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    thats no fun idea. thats my idea and i dont like how you use it without even flagging me..
    Who are you ?

i posted that as a statement to the warbringer movies. because they show 3 factions and my hypothesis was, they split and add a new one.
    3 faction split should be an obvious concept. I don't taking credit for coming up with it, I just want to discuss it.

I want to play and follow a bad guy that is actually smart like the DK starting zone where Arthas leads you to destroy the most powerful hold the scarlet crusade has in Lordaeron.

Also maybe following some mad man that is the hierophant of a Lord God from some cosmic force could be a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Does that mean the undead split off from horde?
    Not necessarily.

No race would split from the Horde, only characters. I think the best possible way would be 'killing' them and making them undead? But honestly I think allowing living players the choice of defecting (as exists right now) is the best route. Just leave to join her on the basis of her being a strong-willed leader.

Kinda surprised no ones brought up the fact of a possible 4th faction.

Alliance = Good

Horde = Evil

Sylv = Dark

Yrel = Light (Along with all the bs about Calia being raised)

With the story of how you recruit the Mag'har orcs and with the stuff that happened with Illidan it shows us the light is willing to subject anyone to their will, and as it stands now that side is predominantly allied sided with the major light based NPC's being Alliance and the Dark themed being mostly horde.

If they are going to do a faction split, I can see it being a lot more than just a simple horde split. But with the lack of other stuff going on if the light based stuff does come around it's going to come from basically no where or the splits going to be not new xpac but after that because they will need time to build up the other side of lore.

Which would explain the horde stilted storytelling now with a major shift in perspective coming later.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    This doesn't really make any sense though. The forsaken are just humans and elves. Any race can be undead.

They could easily just give an option to die in game and be resurrected as an undead version of whatever you were before. The Nathanos kind where you're just a little paler and have red eyes.
    How does it not make sense? The question asked if you would choose Sylvanas and I said I wouldn't with my current characters and I would with different ones. You just created your own loophole that isn't part of the question. That's your chosen method of defection, not mine. I'd rather just make a new character, which is why I have multiple Alliance and Horde ones. I never liked the idea of having 100+ hours on a character, then just race swapping their identity for a new aesthetic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly I can't stand Manduin and Jaina as is and Genn and Tyrande flip flop all over the place all the time so yeah I'd probably take the option of joining the consistent and arguably creative leader of this third faction.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I would leave and follow her. Mostly because it would offer the most interesting story development. Right now the writers are so stuck ... they don't know what to do.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The population is split up enough as it is making a 3rd faction would just complicate finding groups and times to do things. If something like this were to happen it would tip the scale to quit.
    If they did go that direction (which I doubt) I would bet that dungeons would be faction agnostic, at least through dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Who are you ?

3 faction split should be an obvious concept. I don't taking credit for coming up with it, I just want to discuss it.
    I've been thinking both factions should split but they haven't developed as much internal conflict with the Alliance as I expected.

It would depend on which character in my roster. My main mage would, he's a fanatically loyal blood elf. Whereas my other 'main', my pally is loyal to Lor'themar and Thrall, but still to Sylvanas to a point, but if push came to shove, he'd follow his racial leader, and Thrall. And the rest? eh. Each would have different reasons as to where they would best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I've been thinking both factions should split but they haven't developed as much internal conflict with the Alliance as I expected.
    There are seeds of it, but as I said above there isn't anything bearing much for fruit from that as of yet.