Poll: Are you playing a "difficult" spec?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

Question Will you try to make a "bad" spec viable?

Some of the specs in Vanilla were generally agreed to be pretty bad. Now we have a lot more knowledge & tools to help us out. That said, will you try out one of these specs & attempt to make them work? Who knows what will happen this time around. If I missed one, tell us about it below.
    Last edited by RealRevChris; 2019-05-16 at 07:53 PM.

prot paladin

No.
    I can forgive, and felt empathy, for Hybrid players in the past. When they were bright eyed new players who signed up to be the shining crusader, or the shapeshifting badass druid.
    They had an excuse to try and prove to everyone that Feral/Enhance/etc could be viable with consumable X and gearpiece Y. They didn't pick their classes to be healbots. But endgame forced you to.

But if you go and try to make these specs "work" 15 years after the fact, then you're in for a bad time. The game is pretty much solved. You're only setting yourself up for dissapointment in the end.
    Yohohoho

Back then you actually had more freedom with addons and macros so if you couldnt make a spec viable back then there is a big risk you wont now.

What about all the other useless specs? Enhancement, Elemental, disciplin, beastmaster, arms, arcane, sub.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you ever play a spec when classic lets you triple dip?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd vote but you didn't put shamans up there.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont have the time to raid since I work nights but I will definitely try to make Enhance work. With Pvp and dungeons my main focus no spec is really worthless. I seriously can't wait for some good old meatgrinder AV pvp battles.

I would make the enhancement shaman . Because I really like the play style .

10+ Year Old Account
    Rolling Priest hands down. Shadow is not bad, but they have a 1 raid limit. They are god mode pvp with gear(1v1). I will want to run as shadow, but may end up ruining the disc/shadowweaving spec.

Survival isn't bad and it's not the melee version you are thinking of. With really really good gear it can actually pull ahead of Marksmen thanks to Lightning Reflexes.

Also Spriest are monsters in PVP.
    Hi Sephurik

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ll be playing ret and Mabye Prot pally but I don’t plan on doing much outside of world content and the odd dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always played Ret and Holy paladins. I will do my best to play Ret all the way to 60, but I will probably cave at some point and switch to Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    I would make the enhancement shaman . Because I really like the play style .
    Auto attacking while praying for windfury procs? Eventually getting Stormstrike on an 8 sec timer?
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

None of these specs are bad. People just don't seem to grasp that Vanilla wasn't designed with every talent tree enabling you to raid the most effectively. Some were meant for leveling or PvP.

You need to do what you enjoy, if not what's the point? Now what people enjoy along with why, how they enjoy things really matters. If you really only like a spec but you die all the time in pvp or can't do any pve as a result I would imagine you start to hate the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I tried in vanilla, I wont make the same mistake in classic.
    RETH

We'll probably get sims 1 week after launch and anyone who's not playing the top 3 specs will never see a high level dungeon.
    So nope, not gonna bother wasting my time after 15 years of experience in how this community treats anything that isn't brought to the mdi or method's WF streams.

Survival is the #1 dps tree for Hunters once they're geared enough.