Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Kind of annoying I've been playing since 2004, supporting Blizzard over the years including many of their other games, and because I'm not a streamer I don't get beta access to Classic.

Seems a bit shitty.

Yes, Blizzard is a company. Blizzard doesn't owe me anything. But they weren't always like that.
    Yeah it is so terrible of them not to allow several million people play on the 2 beta servers. I think you should complain.

Kind of annoying I've been playing since 2004, supporting Blizzard over the years including many of their other games, and because I'm not a streamer I don't get beta access to Classic.

Seems a bit shitty.

Yes, Blizzard is a company. Blizzard doesn't owe me anything. But they weren't always like that.
    Been always like that

10+ Year Old Account
    You a big streamer? No? Then what do you think you matter to Activision?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Seems a bit shitty.

Yes they were always like that. Being a long time player didn't guarantee you better chances for beta. They never had that as a preferential. Streamers getting exclusive invites is also a practice they've had which is similar to pro players getting same exclusive invites for promotional reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yes they were always like that. Being a long time player didn't guarantee you better chances for beta. They never had that as a preferential. Streamers getting exclusive invites is also a practice they've had which is similar to pro players getting same exclusive invites for promotional reasons.
    Account age and activity is a criteria (just not a hard requirement).

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Account age and activity is a criteria (just not a hard requirement).
    Well, fair enough. Did that change however? Still seems to be the same as before.

So you are mad that you don't get to play essentially a demo

Streamers aren't the only ones with beta and believe it or not they actually should have a form of preference.

Think about it. You have ppl like preach and asmon and nixxiom with thousands of viewers meaning more people notice to things

Seems a bit shitty.

And I have no interest and didn't even opt in. Life is cruel sometimes. Oh well.

You're just seeing a lot recency bias because you see so many streamer's playing but in the grand total amount of people on these server's they're still just a drop in the bucket. And of course they would all get invited in the first wave, it's free marketing mass wave's to long standing people are going to keep going out, this isn't like the end of beta invites.

15+ Year Old Account
    Random chance is random, had my account since EU day 2 (Amazon was slow) and also not invited.

That said I've been invited to every expansion beta ever so far, so can't complain.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a big deal, everything you do on the beta is pointless as it will get deleted on release. Don't run any risk whatsoever of playing too much beta and getting burnt out when the real classic comes.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Not getting into the randomized selection is not really the issue. The amount of players opting for the beta, is much greater than the amount of players they want to invite to the beta. Likely by a very big margin. So even if they wish to invite more players from the 2004-2006 era, chances are slim you're getting in. I hope most players who started back then understand this.

What is less understandable. Is how hilariously inept some of these ''influencers'' are. You look at the game play footage, you compare it to Joana's leveling video from 2006 and you compare. You clearly see the game is in a state, where testing is warranted. Yet the people who got an invite, seems to be overwhelmingly unwilling or incapable of actually testing the game.

Further more. If you've played on a private server for even a short while. You would know Blizzards stance on streaming private server content, and uploading it. Now it doesn't matter if you consider private servers to be illegal or not. The important thing is that Blizzard considers them illegal, and will take action. There are no strict rules to follow to avoid cease and desist on your twitch and/or youtube channel. But general consensus is that as long as you are not too popular, Blizzard won't notice, or at least will not be compelled to care to protect their IP.

Yet people like Esfand has literally days of content worth on his youtube channel. There is a BWL run video, with a length of over 3 hours. There are people who have in the past, actively hosted private servers. Some of them have even been banned (temporary) in the past. Yet these people are invited to the beta?

Play world of warcraft since actual vanilla? Slim chance for beta, fine. There is only so much room.

Gain a following streaming private servers? In you go
    Gain a following hosting private servers? In you go
    Did you receive infractions and/or temporary bans in the past? Makes no difference

The game absolutely requires testing, and accurate reporting. Yet we have streamers in broken armor dying to a boss in WC, claiming too high damage in bug report. We have streamers that don't know you have to learn to use a gun as a troll hunter. I truly want this game to be as close as it can possibly be, and i would love to get in to test for literally hours a day. Every mechanic i have experience with, and i would like to help others test mechanics that they are experienced with.

What do we get? Lol the boss killed me in two hits. Despite the fact that my armor is broken, i will report this as a bug.

I'm not claiming there is 0 testing going on. Honorable mention
    https://clips.twitch.tv/WealthyNiceCrabsChocolateRain

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out youre not a special snowflake, who knew!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    It's not a big deal, everything you do on the beta is pointless as it will get deleted on release. Don't run any risk whatsoever of playing too much beta and getting burnt out when the real classic comes.
    It literally is not pointless. If i can contribute to fixing a single bug. It will not be pointless. It's a beta test, the point is to find bugs as soon as possible so that the developers will have the time to fix them. If i find a bug, and it is fixed before the 27th of August. A difference will have been made.

Having a 2004 account doesn't mean you're entitled to some kind of special treatment.

I have a 2004 account too and yeah I got into most betas and even a couple of alphas. When it happens, I'm happy, but I realize I shouldn't just expect it. Blizzard doesn't owe me anything just because I've played for a while.

What even gave you this impression that having an old account meant you were entitled to special stuff?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    Get over yourself.
    Pretty much this^, the entitlement of the OP is over 9000..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What a petty thing to get upset about......
    Is something that I can never understand how some out there that get their knickers in a twist over this.. More so how the OP says they have been playing since 2004, so not like they have never played vanilla WoW..

It's random for non-streamers.

Amazing how some people can't handle RNG or think they're special and deserve something.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    No offense but giving beta access to streamer is good publicity. more people likely to play classic.
    Exactly, it entices those watching these streams who have never played WoW at all to sub up for the game..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It's random for non-streamers.

Amazing how some people can't handle RNG or think they're special and deserve something.
    Yeah makes one wonder that is for sure, as in my earlier post the entitlement from the OP is ludicrous..

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Nothin' like a good ole' slap of "YOU AIN'T SPECIAL" to wake ya up in da mornin'!
    holy sheet i almost spit my coffee on my key board...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    I have a 2005 account (was about 4 months too late for the 10 year Veteran Statue) and have been subscribed almost the full time. I do not count on an invite to beta , but i really hope i get it. Seeing people like Soda and Asmongold get invites seems more then normal in today's world of social media. Even though i don't use any , i can see why it's such a powerfull tool. I would rather have content creators have priority to get more people to play on launch then have it be completely random. Yes , it sucks not being able to play it atm (i don't do private servers) , but having more people play on launch will be better for the health of the game.