Poll: Do you think Classic will influence the next expansion

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hopefully it doesn't.

What could they really emulate from Vanilla, the 2004/5 new genre experience for most of the people who played? Nope. The lack of good story telling? We're already there. Lack of flying? The forums are proof that isn't a good thing.

There's nothing they could emulate, most importantly the nostalgia that is the reason people want classic in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    How many times do we have to tell you guys, classic is not gonna affect expansion 9 at all. That is already in development, the roadmap for that patch has already been finished when BFA launched.

Now, expansion 10 on the other hand, that might see some more RPG elements should Classic do really good

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    9.0 is probably already in development on their features. So no, I don't think Classic will affect it at all.

Maybe once we get to 9.2 and 10.0.
    This is true. It's already too late for major changes to 9.0. Issues surfaced from BfA failures yes, Classic successes (which we won't know until later in the year) no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Bollocks, adults usually have way more responsibilities than your average student. Half of the people from back then have probably already family themsleves and even more responsibilities. To pretend that the people that played classic at large could so like they did 15 years ago is just dishonest. For these delusions please visit the forum one below this.
    Again, plenty of people who were adults with jobs played back then and enjoyed the game without issue, the only one with delusions here is you. If they could do it back then, and they did, people can do it now just the same. Stop ignoring half of my post just because it's inconvenient for your argument.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

God, I hope not. The tedium of classic being a thing of the past is a good thing, and let the people that enjoy it have a great time with each other, far away from the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think they are relearning lessons from classic that will make it to 9.0. Maybe not massively but. More in depth classes. Less rng. More grind but with a goal that you can date. As in in 3 weeks I will get this if I grind everyday. Bigger focus on community and social intersections.

Expansion 9 would be 10.0, so I think we could see some very minor Classic-like additions if Classic is popular enough be then.

People will get bored with classic sooner or later

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic has it's own team, and will end at Naxx.

So no, it's not going to effect the development of the current game.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

I don't know if its popularity will affect retail expansions, but developing Classic will come at a cost of less quality content for retail. Yes, yes, we know they are "different teams" but that doesn't take away from the fact that Blizzard as a company has limited resources for each game and Classic will definitely use up some resources that could have been used on retail instead.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    classic has its own team
    You realize this comment means it will affect it right? They didn't go on a hiring spree for developers for classic. Therefore, developers who would be working on other things related to retail would have been pulled off. Unless of course you want to think the developers working on classic are doing it after-hours as a passion project. :P

Since they didn't go on a hiring spree, developers who would be working on retail/expansions are now no longer doing so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Highly unlikely. The proverbial cat is out of the bag on several aspects of the game (loot structure, class design, open world tuning, raid difficulties, etc.), and trying to Classic-ify modern WoW would only alienate its fans, without benefitting Classic fans in the slightest. If anything, having Classic covering their backs should allow Devs to be even more aggressive with their Diablo-ification of modern WoW.
    What this guy said. There’s no point in making them more similar. Better to have both quite different to cover a wider range of players.

So yes classic will influence retail. But perhaps not in the way op implies.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    People will get bored with classic sooner or later
    Wouldn't this comment be the exact same on retail? Unless you are a player who loves every facet of the game, WQ's, IA's, Mythic+'s, etc, once the dungeons and raids are cleared people should get bored, no?

Now, if you're saying "People will get bored with classic just as they get bored with retail when raids are cleared multiple time", sure.

I hope im wrong, but i have a fear that classic will bleed resources from retail and we end up with a new wod 2.0. And players will quit wow left and right, And they won't go to classic, they will leave the game, and both classic and wow will just wither away with a shit playerbase split in two different games.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I hope im wrong, but i have a fear that classic will bleed resources from retail and we end up with a new wod 2.0. And players will quit wow left and right, And they won't go to classic, they will leave the game, and both classic and wow will just wither away with a shit playerbase split in two different games.
    While I do believe they will heavily promote retail subs to "Relive Azeroth as it was!!!11", I don't think Blizzard would be stupid enough to alienate the actual version that keeps people paying.

If I were Blizzard, I’d be really hesitant to take lessons from Classic. As of right now, there no lesson to take. There isn’t going to be a lesson to take even on August 27 2019. If a year later there are significantly more players on Classic and the data shows little turnover and high retention rates, then I’d start jotting shit down.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Better, it can even affect expansion 8. I think for Blizz reaction and feedback from people that never played Vanilla is a key.

I doubt it will. I hope it does not. I have no desire to go back to the days of spamming trade LF1M tank etc and I don't have the time nor the patience to spend doing an epic amount of grinding just to level or gear.

Heck I'm so meh about classic I'm not even sure if I'll bother with it myself

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic design will be taken under consideration once WoW 2 comes out.....
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This statement literally does not detract in any way from my point. I already brought up the fact that the average school day + homework is roughly equal to the time most people spend at their job each day (8 hours).

If people managed to play and enjoy the game with jobs or while handling all their schoolwork back then (and they did) there's no reason they wouldn't be able to do the same now.
    There is a huge difference between being a teen in highschool/college and being an adult with a job you stupid twit
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day