knock back abilities in classic?

Remind me is there any? I thought blast wave was but I don't think so now came later.

By mobs. Kept getting kicked off my feet

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not completely sure, but I think player knockback skills only came with TBC.

Thunderstorm / Typhoon / Death Grip were the first knockback abilities useable by players, all added in wotlk.

Npc's however had them since Vanilla, were rather rare however.

As others have said, there were no player abilities that had knockback but there were some NPCs that had them.

Pro tip...some of those NPCs patrol above THE ROOKERY...dun dun dun
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

I'm not def sure if fire mage talent in Blast wave is considered knockback? I couldn't remember it exactly....

Same as previous posts. Player abilities didn’t have knock-backs in Vanilla, and I don’t recall the mob abilities that do that as particularly “powerful”, unless you count the abomination hook, which can grab you from quite a distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    naahh. its a shame really. cause such abilities are the most fun alongside movement abilities.

of course i'm having fun casting them on other people...
    but even when someone else throws ME off a cliff i'm having a laugh! hahah
    that's when you know an ability is super fun

No abilities, but I think they had the Unstoppable Force back then,

I don't think Blast Wave had the knockback component added until Wrath IIRC. It was just a slow back then, and centered around the player like Frost Nova.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Remind me is there any? I thought blast wave was but I don't think so now came later.
    Mind control when a priest would throw you off high places like middle of black mountain straight into the lava

5+ Year Old Account
    Nope Blastwave merely dazes you. The knockback part was added in Wrath. Same goes for the other knockback abilities.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-05-19 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time I remember having player-access to a knockback was when they put in those giant knockback snowballs in AV. I think that wasn't until TBC pre-patch, 2.0.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noragrets View Post
    Same as previous posts. Player abilities didn’t have knock-backs in Vanilla, and I don’t recall the mob abilities that do that as particularly “powerful”, unless you count the abomination hook, which can grab you from quite a distance.
    I'm sure you're referring to the ones in the Plaguelands lol

Blast Wave had a knockback in BC, because I remember we had to kick a Mage out of Mount Hyjal for always doing it during the zombie waves.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably one of the few people to be glad about that btw. I've always found those abilities annoying.