Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How about hating him because he's a shitty person and a bad businessman? Hating him because he actively promotes nepotism in one of the highest offices of the United States? Hating him because he constantly lies and contradicts things he says? Hating him because he's a sexist, a racist, and quite likely the textbook definition of "dirty old man"? Hating him because he held official Presidential meetings at his own private resort to get millions of taxpayer dollars into his own bank accounts? Hating him because he's a despicable, foul-mouthed child of a man that has not even an ounce of class in one of the most public and fundamentally 'American' jobs that there is?

I can go on, of course.
    Cried the adult with a my little pony avatar.

That's just how you perceive it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post

Ah yes, I answer your question about why people hate him by stating facts and you call it crying, and then proceed to ignore it by simply saying that's how I see things. Glad we've pointed out how intellectually dishonest you're being, here.

Ah yes, I answer your question about why people hate him by stating facts and you call it crying, and then proceed to ignore it by simply saying that's how I see things. Glad we've pointed out how intellectually dishonest you're being, here.
    I never asked such a question

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I never asked such a question
    Ah, the first correct thing you've said. You're right, I misspoke about it being a question. You made an incorrect statement and I corrected it. There are countless real, legitimate reasons for people to dislike or hate Trump. Claiming otherwise is just sticking your head in the sand going "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Ah, the first correct thing you've said. You're right, I misspoke about it being a question. You made an incorrect statement and I corrected it. There are countless real, legitimate reasons for people to dislike or hate Trump. Claiming otherwise is just sticking your head in the sand going "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
    I think you're confusing me with someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think you're confusing me with someone else.
    Shit, you're right. For that I do apologize. Regardless, claiming it's "just how I perceive it" is objectively false.

15+ Year Old Account

Perceive? Your the one rationalizing the non-submission of SARs to the Secret Service and the Treasury, which are chargeable offenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You can but can you tell that anyone else is better? Especially in governments? No, you cannot and if you think you can, you are naive.
    There are people who are a lot better it's called severity.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Ohh boy, another conspiracy theory from Mormolyce.
    Except it is true. Amazing, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Except it is true. Amazing, right?
    Something something, therefore Russiagate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

You know, if you have two shits, you don't pick which one is less. You don't pick shits. But, unfortunately, people are fine with shits.
    You have to because waiting for the perfect candidate would mean everything you support died. You're also confusing better with perfect. Better is a really low bar and there are millions of people better than Trump.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Something something, therefore Russiagate.
    Guess you missed the news where Cohen said that Sekulow, Trump's lawyer, told Cohen to lie about the Trump Tower Moscow project. You know, the project they were trying to get well into Trump's presidency? Yeah, fucking ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    so? all billionaires do legal tax evasion.
    1) Deutsche Bank's "tax evasion" was not legal.
    2) Its previous track record of sanctions violations are also extremely not legal.
    3) The suspicious activity relates to MONEY LAUNDERING. Explicitly criminal activity.

I mean, did you read any of that?

- - - Updated - - -

So 5 anonymous employees think trump maybe could've done something illegal. Whoa guys, that sounds serious lol.
    I used to work in a bank. AML is extremely serious, if you don't report it you can kiss your job goodbye. They train you constantly on it even if it's not directly relevant to your position.

The idea of an AML alert being vetoed by management instead of reported to the authorities is fucking unthinkable, that is 100% corruption and likely criminal.

- - - Updated - - -

"Hey guys, I don't know what to do so I decided to open Russia-Trump hate thread because why not? Everyone hates Trump. Everyone hates Russia. We don't know why and we believe everything that is on TV so let's go!"
    "Quick quick talk about anything except the topic"!

Really makes you look like you have a solid argument lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    1) Deutsche Bank's "tax evasion" was not legal.
    2) Its previous track record of sanctions violations are also extremely not legal.
    3) The suspicious activity relates to MONEY LAUNDERING. Explicitly criminal activity.

I mean, did you read any of that?

- - - Updated - - -

I used to work in a bank. AML is extremely serious, if you don't report it you can kiss your job goodbye. They train you constantly on it even if it's not directly relevant to your position.

The idea of an AML alert being vetoed by management instead of reported to the authorities is fucking unthinkable, that is 100% corruption and likely criminal.
    Well... if you actually know what's going on in the world, this "money laundering" is absolutely not new. Deutsche bank just got in the crosshairs of some power players, that's all. Nothing unusual about their activity, not compared to other big companies.

Just move on, a few heads will get cut, but nothing serious. Just like the panama papers.

Ohh boy, another conspiracy theory from Mormolyce.
    Literally sourced news.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...20-p51p3y.html
    https://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch...ns-60001861673
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...k-times-report
    https://www.theroot.com/deutsche-ban...ons-1834895982
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...e-bank-1334358
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1SQ173
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...actions-ignore
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...den-2019-05-20

You need to recalibrate your reality meter dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Well... if you actually know what's going on in the world, this "money laundering" is absolutely not new. Deutsche bank just got in the crosshairs of some power players, that's all. Nothing unusual about their activity, not compared to other big companies.
    Deutsche Bank is notoriously shady, so no it's not usual.

And money laundering is a major crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/19/b...p-kushner.html

In short, Deutsche Bank, which has a history of tax evasion, sanctions violations and money-laundering convictions (and is widely seen as a Russian money laundering operation), was the only bank willing to lend to Trump once he'd burned through at least a billion of daddy's money. Prior to the election he was in the hole at least $360m to them.

Activity on the Trump and Kushner accounts was picked up by the bank's anti-money laundering warnings (if you've ever worked in a bank you know how serious those are, you're legally required to report them to the government), but when staff recommended they be reported top executives buried them. At least one employee may have been fired for asking too many questions.

Nothing suspicious there lol.
    Every major bank has a history of tax evasion and sanctions violations. Any international transaction could be consider "flagged" as they all go through special review processes. This sounds like like anti-Trump zealots talking out of their ass and violating major banking privacy laws in the process.

"Activity on the Trump and Kushner accounts was picked up by the bank's anti-money laundering warnings (if you've ever worked in a bank you know how serious those are, you're legally required to report them to the government)"

No that's really not true at all, you're required to document and investigate everything which this lady did. She then forwarded it and it was determined that it wasn't suspicious or illegal. So unless you have information on the actual transactions in question, you're full of shit. Deutsche probably flags thousands of transactions a day

Private company...

Oh doesn't that work now?

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Private company...

Oh doesn't that work now?
    Laws still apply to private companies. Some of them mandate reporting money-laundering. None mandate a platform.

I guess I am very skeptical of wild accusations against Trump now, specially coming from NY Times.

If he has done anything wrong, hope he gets some punishment, but not a single cell of me believe that this accusation has any weight right now, sorry guys, you cried wolf too many times.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    And does your grocer accept blockchain?
    No. And its a problem