Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I doubt they would pull a lightforged undead for the Alliance, that would give another shitty half assed attempt to them and they gotta realize by now that 90% of the stuff this expansion looks like Horde favoritism even if it all boils down to them having started with the Horde stuff and then having to shit out a bunch of horses and crap because they were running out of time.

I hope they go the Junker gnome route for the undead allied race and just give the Horde non boney undead, undead elves, or some other customizations and then worgen get the goblin treatment and they make something good and not recognizable as the base race.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Forsaken is an easy one, because it's most likely Calia-related and linked to her resurrection and new form of Forsaken-ness (Lightforged Undead). She's being postponed in-game like the Mechagnomes were.

Worgen is the one that's strange. It's unlikely to be Kaldorei Worgen because we already have a Night Elf AR (Nightborne), so what will the Worgen one be?
    Gnome Worgen. Puppy Power!

I have a feeling that most people shittalking Lightforged Undead literally think they're going to look like Forsaken with glowy mustard tattoos. Otherwise I don't understand the vitriol towards the concept of a race that has no visual example.

No chance in hell is it going to be Forsaken with glowy parts coming out of their severed arms. Calia having silver eyes instead of yellow is already proof enough that they're going for something different.

I have a feeling that most people shittalking Lightforged Undead literally think they're going to look like Forsaken with glowy mustard tattoos. Otherwise I don't understand the vitriol towards the concept of a race that has no visual example.

No chance in hell is it going to be Forsaken with glowy parts coming out of their severed arms.
    No, I shittalk them because they are a nonsenical asspull of an arrogant writing team that sniffs their own farts mixed with glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, I shittalk them because they are a nonsenical asspull of an arrogant writing team that sniffs their own farts mixed with glue.
    Holy shit, THIS mad that a Naaru rezzed a corpse. Yikes!

Holy shit, THIS mad that a Naaru rezzed a corpse. Yikes!
    No, THIS mad at a bunch of circlejerking cunts that write this crap.

No chance in hell is it going to be Forsaken with glowy parts coming out of their severed arms. Calia having silver eyes instead of yellow is already proof enough that they're going for something different.
    You just mentioned the visual example...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You just mentioned the visual example...
    Yeah, I sure loved that illustration in the book...?

Horde can get Sanlayn

Dragon aspects (bronze dragonflight) AR for alliance

Nozdormu knows that his end and his transformation to Murozond is near and Nyalotha approaches. The Horde, as always, is reluctant about this so they deny him. He then approaches the alliance for aid.

Yeah, I sure loved that illustration in the book...?
    I guess the concept of a description of the visuals is lost on you.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Are they friendly to Zul? IIRC, some of them were angry because the Zandalari promised their kingdom to be restored, which Zul obviously didn't deliver on. I can't find all that much info on the wiki, though. I'm guessing their rage was feigned in order to make the attack believable. Either way, the playable Zandalari are the relevant ones, so the Mogu still don't have a great tie in, especially if they actually were allied with Zul.

As for 1 group of mogu, how many groups are there? I can't recall interacting with more than 1, it's always the ones who were loyal to the thunder king. Unless you were implying that there could be a secondary group that we just hadn't heard of yet. In other words, they didn't exist untill they needed to make playable Mogu happen.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thunder%27s_Fall the quest in which you defeat their leader shows the Mogu were aware of Rastakhan's life being in danger from the get go. Also, the whole bit about that spirit guy (the same student of Zul he "genuinely" helps us defeat at the Gurrubashi outpost) shows cooperation between the Mogu and Zul's "former" Zandalari despite the Mogu blabbing about vengeance and stuff. So yes, they were blabbing about it because it was part of the ploy. After all they needed some kind of justification other than "we are here to help Zul kill Rastakhan" for their attack to be a believable ruse.

As for playable Zandalari, yes, they need some kind of a tie in to the Mogu. But there's more to Mogu than the Kao-Tien that helped Zul and Talanji still has claim to the ancient alliance between the two races as it was Zandalari emperors who forged it, not their prophets.

And in regards to Mogu, we know of 11 different clans and 3 unspecified groups (though one of those was also part of Zul's coup). With the death of both the Thunder King and king Xin, the clans should be separate again, unless some other strong Mogu appeared and started reunification, I guess, but there's been no mention of that happening. And since Mogu respect strength and they saw us kick their strongest emperor's butt, they should have some modicum of respect for the playable factions, which could work as another hook next to the Zandalari.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    did Gnolls help the Alliance? Do they share history with the Alliance as past brothers in arms? No? Then your comparison isn't at all valid.
    San'layn "brothers in arms" to the Horde? The only San'layn leader in contact with the Horde was using forsaken sailors as pawns. Since when does "brother" mean "blood batteries"?
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    San'layn "brothers in arms" to the Horde? The only San'layn leader in contact with the Horde was using forsaken sailors as pawns. Since when does "brother" mean "blood batteries"?
    Both Forsaken And San'layn were both slaves to the lich king, both are now free of his grasp. Even with Dreven's actions the San'layn have a stronger history of helping the Horde than the comparison the guy tried to make with Gnolls and humans, which was zero.

There is actual grounds for San'layn to become an allied race, unlike gnolls for the Alliance, which was the guy's failed attempt at comparison.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2019-05-23 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Id say saberon, i miss the druid saberon form
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Both Forsaken And San'layn were both slaves to the lich king, both are now free of his grasp. Even with Dreven's actions the San'layn have a stronger history of helping the Horde than the comparison the guy tried to make with Gnolls and humans, which was zero.

There is actual grounds for San'layn to become an allied race, unlike gnolls for the Alliance, which was the guy's failed attempt at comparison.
    In what way did the San'layn actually help the Horde though? They seemed really damn weak and only used "fellow" horde members as sacrificial lambs. They didn't do anything significant and were really nothing but fodder that got their pointy teeth kicked in. The leader of the San'layn betrayed horde members. That means all San'layn are traitors and get the blame for it, I mean that's how it works in the Horde right? Once a race's leader commits treason, that entire race is to blame right?(Garithos, Tyrande, etc.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    1. You're conflating gameplay with lore. Lorewise it was the belfs who recruited the nightborne, and they're the one the nightborne are 'paired' with among main playable races.
    and why it can't be done again? the races were swapped and somehow the undeads recrut then
    2. Doesn't change that a lot of people didn't like them for coming out of nowhere.
    people semes to not care when this little spawn of time they become the third mot playable race in a faction.

3. Why would it be any harder than making any other bodies?
    if it was why they didn't before?

10+ Year Old Account
    In what way did the San'layn actually help the Horde though? They seemed really damn weak and only used "fellow" horde members as sacrificial lambs. They didn't do anything significant and were really nothing but fodder that got their pointy teeth kicked in. The leader of the San'layn betrayed horde members. That means all San'layn are traitors and get the blame for it, I mean that's how it works in the Horde right? Once a race's leader commits treason, that entire race is to blame right?(Garithos, Tyrande, etc.)
    They killed Alliance, they helped the Horde create supply lines by clearing tunnels.

The SanLayn didn't help the Horde much that is true, they weren't part of it for long enough. Dreven didn't really make his treason known, and if other blood princes saught to join would the Horde listen to the Alliance who are the only ones who could say Dreven did betray them?

Nothing stops them from joining the Horde if they ask now, there's an actual connection there with the Forsaken, and they already joined once in a small number, if Neophytes did survive, they sure as hell wouldn't tell the Horde what Dreven did either.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

If we were to get an 'evil' faction I'd like the San'layn to be playable very much. But if we don't and the Horde is supposed to be the honor-guys in the future then I don't see them tolerating the San'layn. Well, maybe for a month or so, but after only a little time I'd guess they'd show their colors and the fact that they hunt food within Horde ranks instead of from Alliance perpetrators or something else entirely will begin to become apparent.

And don't make them good guys either, because the tragic vampire that only takes blood from rats is maybe a nice thing if it's the only vampire that does that, but if it's more than one it would just make me puke >.<

They killed Alliance, they helped the Horde create supply lines by clearing tunnels.

The SanLayn didn't help the Horde much that is true, they weren't part of it for long enough. Dreven didn't really make his treason known, and if other blood princes saught to join would the Horde listen to the Alliance who are the only ones who could say Dreven did betray them?

Nothing stops them from joining the Horde if they ask now, there's an actual connection there with the Forsaken, and they already joined once in a small number, if Neophytes did survive, they sure as hell wouldn't tell the Horde what Dreven did either.
    As true as that is, i would think the Horde would want to know if the San'layn were backstabbers willing to go all "Jack the Ripper" on other Horde members. Why would the Horde want allies that feed on them? I mean it does fit with the Horde theme of "we kill everyone, including ourselves" so you might have a point.

Either way, the best time to have had them join would have been early BfA with Slyvanus as a stable Warchief. With a rebellion on her hands, she might not be Warchief long enough to get anymore San'layn to join. Once Slyvanus is removed from Warchief i don't see any other connection to the Horde the San'layn would have nor would someone like Saurfang or Thrall recruit undead elves after what just happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    As true as that is, i would think the Horde would want to know if the San'layn were backstabbers willing to go all "Jack the Ripper" on other Horde members. Why would the Horde want allies that feed on them? I mean it does fit with the Horde theme of "we kill everyone, including ourselves" so you might have a point.

Either way, the best time to have had them join would have been early BfA with Slyvanus as a stable Warchief. With a rebellion on her hands, she might not be Warchief long enough to get anymore San'layn to join. Once Slyvanus is removed from Warchief i don't see any other connection to the Horde the San'layn would have nor would someone like Saurfang or Thrall recruit undead elves after what just happened.
    Well currently the only people who would believe thenaloiance would be thrall Saurfang and Baine, currently all undesirable persons in the Horde.

As for them joining in the future it’s possible , thrall was blind to everything in the eastern kingdoms and Baine and Saurfang don’t come off Much more observant, and even thrall was never able to control what the Forsaken did even during UC’s lockdown
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and why it can't be done again? the races were swapped and somehow the undeads recrut then

people semes to not care when this little spawn of time they become the third mot playable race in a faction.

if it was why they didn't before?
    1. Because Belfs still had both thematic AND cultural ties with Nightborne, but forsaken lack that with most other races.

2. Because people have always wanted high elves and they're the closest thing on the Alliance. It doesn't change the fact that the lore pushback against them coming out of nowhere existed.

3. They didn't want to
    Twas brillig