Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't get involved in criminal activity so I don't fear anything.
    Because that protects you from gettin shot.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Imagine living in a country where you CANT shoot criminals. its unbelievable. As others told you, if you behave you won't be shot. Why is this concept so difficult for Europe and liberals?
    What does it mean "behave"? In this scenario those were people with paintball guns just messing around. Was their "misbehaviour" big enough for them to be shot at? Is there a tangible line that separates "acceptable behaviour" and "you can actually shoot this person"?

It shouldn't be so easy to hide behind law in such scenario. Law is created SPECIFICALLY against such situations, so for shooting paintball at someones house you get punishment that matches the severity. Saying "you shouldn't mess around, or you might get shot, who knows" is dangerously close to lynching.

And guess what, in Europe (and "liberals", whatever you mean") this shit doesn't happen. If a shooting happens in school it's big news, not "oh, another one?". Kids playing Pokemon Go don't get murdered for trespassing when they move 1 yard into "your territory". Seems like a better idea.

next time don't go shooting peoples house with paintgun in america

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    This involves fire arms in Texas. I live here. That means he has to be found innocent because of guns.
    Ohio is a open carry state and has a Castle Law, but if he gets charged it will depend on what other evidence they find. But in my case here, them being outside shooting at my house? I would grab my rifle, call the police, hunker down and wait until they got there, no way am I going to step outside and start shooting at anyone. Not sure of his home layout and if that was good option to stay in it or not. But mine is brick veneer over cement block. Plus I have a basement if I need to get down to it.

But the teenagers acted totally stupid and their actions are also responsible for the death.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This was minor vandalism, by the kid. At best. Maybe not even that, if the paint's water-soluble and they didn't break anything.

Responding to that with lethal fucking force is just . . . fuck.

Guy needs to be in prison for 2nd degree murder.
    If someone started vandalizing my house with "water soluble" paint, I'd still go after him with whatever charges I can apply. It's still vandalizing, and I'd make him and his friends' immediate life a living fucking hell for treating my property as an "loltarget." If young enough I'd also get the parents involved.

Grant it, I wouldn't shoot them dead, cause then there is no lesson learned. And the owner of said gun is garbage if he thought to defend himself with lethal force over the sounds he somehow mistakes as actual gun shots.

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    Or just not do it? Likely someone always will. Guess a banning is in order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Because that protects you from gettin shot.
    It helps.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    I don’t know why you would even step outside in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I never really get the entire "shoot to kill" mentality, that seems to be in the US. Unless you have a reason for somebody to shoot at you or your house, i would more use my weapen to scare them away. Going out with the intent to actually kill somebody dead in a family neighborhood, is insane in my mind.

But if things goes as always, the father will proberly not found guilty of anything because he thought they had real weapons and that he was in danger of being killed.
    I have a concealed weapon permit and in my state it is required by law to attend a class with a live fire portion in order to get the permit. Part of the course, you are taught that if you ever use your firearm, legally it has to be self defense. In a scenario of self defense, you are to shoot to kill, and there are several reasons for it.

1) If the person is a threat enough that you have to fire, a single round may not kill the person, and they can still shoot you unless they are dead.
    2) If you legitimately fear for your life to warrant firing, then a controlled one or two shots is not going to cross your mind
    3) Shoot for center mass. A head shot may not kill because the human skull can cause bullets to deflect. Legs and such may make someone limp, but once again, they can just shoot you if you hit their leg.
    4) Even though you will not face criminal charges if it is a legitimate self defense case, you will still likely face a civil lawsuit for wrongful death, etc. Per the instructor, a funeral is much cheaper than medical bills.

Something to keep in mind is that if you do not fire multiple shots law enforcement investigating the scenario will be able to use the single shot as evidence you did not fear for your life. All of this being said I don't typically carry my firearm on me and leave it at home. I have it for self defense and occasionally I take it to a firing range to shoot recreationally.

Seeing the replies in this thread, I understand how Trump got elected, and how he will win again in the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Right, obviously. Not being a criminal isn't going to stop you from being murdered from some gun nut/school shooter/racist/terrorist/"home owner" though. That's something you'll only experience in two parts of the world: the US and war zones.
    Well no place is perfect but ill take the positives of living in the US over the negatives of not. I own guns and dont engage in criminal behavior so im really not worried about being shot minding my own business. .

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

In my day the kids action would just warrant an ass full of rock salt. However today if someone were to do that they would lose everything in a law suite.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don’t know why you would even step outside in America.
    Because 98% of the time, it is not only safe, but has some gorgeous scenery. The rural valley I live in eastern Ohio is beautiful, esp in the Fall. It would however, frighten some with the AR-15's being heard shot on occasion. Might be coming from my place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Imagine living in a country where you CANT shoot criminals. its unbelievable. As others told you, if you behave you won't be shot. Why is this concept so difficult for Europe and liberals?

- - - Updated - - -

Thankfully its Texas. The guy responded correctly. If the 19 year old man had not fired paint at his house he would be alive today.
    I'm imagining you out in the street with a rifle ready to shoot Jay walkers and cars going over the speed limit.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

just start your civil war already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I have a concealed weapon permit and in my state it is required by law to attend a class with a live fire portion in order to get the permit. Part of the course, you are taught that if you ever use your firearm, legally it has to be self defense. In a scenario of self defense, you are to shoot to kill, and there are several reasons for it.

1) If the person is a threat enough that you have to fire, a single round may not kill the person, and they can still shoot you unless they are dead.
    2) If you legitimately fear for your life to warrant firing, then a controlled one or two shots is not going to cross your mind
    3) Shoot for center mass. A head shot may not kill because the human skull can cause bullets to deflect. Legs and such may make someone limp, but once again, they can just shoot you if you hit their leg.
    4) Even though you will not face criminal charges if it is a legitimate self defense case, you will still likely face a civil lawsuit for wrongful death, etc. Per the instructor, a funeral is much cheaper than medical bills.

Something to keep in mind is that if you do not fire multiple shots law enforcement investigating the scenario will be able to use the single shot as evidence you did not fear for your life. All of this being said I don't typically carry my firearm on me and leave it at home. I have it for self defense and occasionally I take it to a firing range to shoot recreationally.
    Mostly good points. I do take exception however, on the shoot to kill and using more than one shot as being necessary. Your goal is to stop the attacker. The best way to stop them is to aim for center mass. And yes, if the first round does not stop them, you keep shooting until they stop being a threat. If it is one round or several really makes no difference if the evidence shows you clearly acted out of self defense. Which will be the deciding facts on if you will be charged with a crime.

If you show up with a dozen friends on someones property and start shooting it up with fake guns, expect to be put out of your misery.
    Forced natural selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ohio is a open carry state and has a Castle Law, but if he gets charged it will depend on what other evidence they find. But in my case here, them being outside shooting at my house? I would grab my rifle, call the police, hunker down and wait until they got there, no way am I going to step outside and start shooting at anyone. Not sure of his home layout and if that was good option to stay in it or not. But mine is brick veneer over cement block. Plus I have a basement if I need to get down to it.

But the teenagers acted totally stupid and their actions are also responsible for the death.
    Hell yeah, teens deserve death for paintballs. American dream. Fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You just described police officers.
    Your police officers maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    If you show up with a dozen friends on someones property and start shooting it up with fake guns, expect to be put out of your misery.
    Forced natural selection.
    Paintball markers are fake guns now? I guess Nerf guns are too then.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Hell yeah, teens deserve death for paintballs. American dream. Fuck yeah.
    Not so much a matter of deserving death for shooting paint-balls at someone's house, who may mistaken the people using real firearms. But rather how a stupid and disrespect of others can led to tragic ends. Which sort of shows what happened in this case. I have already stated I would have not gone outside if it happened here. Unless I had a love one outside, that would make a huge difference.