Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

List the things you missed the most about Classic WoW

Hey everyone, So yeah I really can't wait for Classic here is the list of the things that I missed the most about WoW Classic:

1-Old areas specially the old Barrens and Thousand Needles.

2-Corrupted Ashbringer (I was -- this close into getting it back in vanilla...but missed it).

3-Epic gears are even more epic than current legendaries (when you see someone with full blue gears and one or two pieces only as epic then you know this guy was luck and dedicated and plays a lot of wow).

4-It wasn't just about end game raiding, you can find so many low levels and twinks.

5-The opening event of AQ gate.

6-Old talent system (even if it was cookie cutters tbh it was fun).

7-You actually feel you are getting stronger by leveling up and you see that old yellow text with getting more stats and 1 talent point per level.

8-The feeling of community in each server like if you see a certain bad ninja tank you know that this guy is a ninja and he will barely get in any group because of his attitude.

9-The actual funny memes about ninja looting (check those old ninja loot raging videos).

10-No flying
    Last edited by Velshin; 2019-05-19 at 06:35 PM.

The permanent validity of previous raidtiers. There will always be mc guilds.

VAST 5 man dungeons

Class perks (portals, summons, pets, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Things i miss from Vanilla:
    - no flying.
    - no teleporting to instance.
    - actually talking in dungeons.
    - tactics in dungeons.
    - actually dying a few times during leveling.
    - questing in the pre-thottbot era (however short that was).
    - professions being relatively useful.
    - 5man tanking as warrior.
    - 5man healing as priest.
    - BRD.
    - flavorful little annoyances like spell reagents, pet happiness, brewing poisons, and leveling lockpicking.
    - people replying to you out in the world.
    - people not being like "gogoog fast fast no time gogogo"
    - healers not being able to tank half the battleground bursting them.
    - no sharding.
    - old AV.
    - not being told how often to login, and what to do while in.
    - not having a must-do minimum, and a maximum-allowed, progressions per "x time". dictated by blizzard.

Things i dont miss from Vanilla:
    - Honor decay.
    - Slow mail.

And some things i did miss while playing Vanilla:
    - Barber shop.
    - Transmog.
    - Item dyeing (still not possible).
    - Dwarf shamans.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-05-19 at 06:31 PM.

Old zones and quests.

While Cataclysm made a lot of the zones better, some got the short stick. Loch Modan, Thousand Needles, Westfall for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something I can't get back: the bliss of being young when playing it.

It's like when you go to Disneyland when you're a kid versus going when an adult. It's more "magical" because you're young. The game seemed so much bigger, more engaging, and suspending disbelief was easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    - no flying.
    - tactics in dungeons.
    - BRD.
    - flavorful little annoyances like spell reagents, pet happiness, brewing poisons, and leveling lockpicking.
    - no sharding.
    - old AV.
    - not having a must-do minimum, and a maximum-allowed, progressions per "x time". dictated by blizzard.

- Honor decay.
    - Slow mail.

- Barber shop.
    - Transmog.
    - Dwarf shamans.
    Yup forgot about the no flying shame on me! haha have to edit the post!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Something I can't get back: the bliss of being young when playing it.

It's like when you go to Disneyland when you're a kid versus going when an adult. It's more "magical" because you're young. The game seemed so much bigger, more engaging, and suspending disbelief was easier.
    Yup I agree that feeling will never come back unfortunately because back then not only we were young also the world felt more mysterious because not so many things revealed yet. I remember the days I spent hours and hours in Tanaris near the place which became Uldum later in Cataclysm I thought there was a mystery there for sure.

It's really difficult for me to list individual features that I love about Classic. It's the entire feel of it, a world that I'm able to lose myself in (immersiveness). A feeling I've not been able to find in modern WoW for a long time.

Unfortunately, there is 1 thing I miss about classic that can never be restored: Not knowing things. Part of the experience was actually LEARNING the game. Finding out what is good, and what isn't. Conquering new challenges. Exploring never seen areas.

Now there is an expected path to take, you know what to expect, nothing is a surprise. You are just walking in someone else's footsteps.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the old zones, and the feeling of power gain while leveling (albeit slowly, but it is consistent). The threat of dying is a plus I suppose.

Leveling isn't my favorite thing in the world, but leveling is essentially it's own 'tier' if you compare it every expansion that came after it. Professions being useful is really only possible because of the pace of leveling, which is actually a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that I missed about classic is the awesome creepy Darkshire questline, damn I remember how awesome it was and how tough the cemetary mobs there haha.

- no free epics all over a place
    - no flying
    - talent trees
    - old areas, ye

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I just miss whole game. I miss good old proper MMORPG.

1. Can play came as slow or fast as I want. No pushing into latest patch, no stupid max level time gated fake progression, no weekly/daily stuff.

2. Characters matter, accounts don't. Each character has reputation to uphold.

3. Slow paced game without QOL. There is time to talk to players, time to think.

4. Dangerous world. No flying, so can't skip it. No self-healing, so messing up has deadly consequences.

5. Professions are useful even while leveling. Professions are different, they require reagents made by other professions and they can make useful stuff.
    Major big one right there. Professions are another as well. It all matters.

Gear was meaningful.
    Networking to build groups of friends to run dungeons/raid/pvp with.
    Professions being useful for leveling along with end game.
    Tarren Mill/Southshore PvP battles.
    Epic AV battles that sometimes lasted days.
    ZG which was a trial that ultimately laid the ground work for Kara/ZA to happen.
    Every level felt rewarding with talent points.

7+ Year Old Account
    Old talent trees. No specializations where you magically lose or gain abilities. Slower paced game.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

The leveling experience was actually fun and the quests actually told a decent story, with several minor or major quest chains.
    Compare that to BFA where every quest is just a part of one big quest chain with story telling as deep as a puddle.

I miss the slow paced combat and mechanics. Downtime = Socializing time. Just created a druid and after 3 casts I am oom and auto-attack and read chat.

Having my character logged out in an inn in the middle of bumfuck nowhere because that was the zone relevant for my character, instead of always being logged out in a 'central hub'. Particularly thinking of Thousand Needles, Feralas and Tanaris, I loved those areas. Zones are actually memorable when you spend time in them and feel like you've progressed past them.

Actually needing a lot of experience to progress. It kept the pace of the game slower. The modern game feels like it lets you play in a zone for a while and then it whisks you away to the next zone. Azerite Power and Experience are the same thing, rebranded, and it doesn't feel good in a way vanilla levelling did.

Meaningful gearing while levelling. You have so much raw power by default while levelling in Retail, and zones will almost always kit you out in a full set. In Vanilla I remember needing to specifically seek out mid-level dungeons to fill gear holes because they felt like they gave an appreciable power increase.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Overall, every class and spec having a list of their own unique pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    - no flying.
    - tactics in dungeons.
    - BRD.
    - no sharding.
    - old AV.

- Honor decay.
    - Slow mail.

- Barber shop.
    - Transmog.
    - Dwarf shamans.
    Transmog? Ew, why did you have to ruin such a great list.

The lack of transmog is one of the best things, everyone looking shit is humbling and when you do see someone with badass looking gear it will actually mean something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    Transmog? Ew, why did you have to ruin such a great list.

The lack of transmog is one of the best things, everyone looking shit is humbling and when you do see someone with badass looking gear it will actually mean something.
    the thing that some people dont seem to get is that... different people have different tastes.
    what you think looks nice, i might think it looks bad, and might preffer something more humble or fitting to my race and role.

besides, looking almost identical with every other person of your class is incredibly immersion breaking.
    you are immediately reminded that you're in a computer game, and dont enjoy half of the game. the RP part of the G.

i want my troll to wear fur and bones, not some grand wizard's regalia.
    and my dwarf to always have a gun, instead of the totally-elven-looking lokdelar, for example.

and before you talk about e-peen...
    no one can fake being greater than they actually are by using transmog.
    since you cant use a skin that you havent previously earned. something especially true for classic.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-05-23 at 01:37 PM.