Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Unfortunately, there is 1 thing I miss about classic that can never be restored: Not knowing things. Part of the experience was actually LEARNING the game. Finding out what is good, and what isn't. Conquering new challenges. Exploring never seen areas.

Now there is an expected path to take, you know what to expect, nothing is a surprise. You are just walking in someone else's footsteps.
    On the other hand, having no idea what you are doing can be frustrating and limiting, having greater knowledge and experience allows you to play the game more on your own terms. Think of it liked re-watching a great movie, it's never going to be like the first time you watched it, but sometimes you can actually enjoy repeated watches just as much because you have more time to spot things that you maybe didn't spot first time around. Not only that but for most people there is still going to be quite a bit of re-learning involved, since such a large amount of time has passed. Classic is going to have a good blend of things feeling new but also familiar enough that you can spend more time taking in the experience as opposed to scratching your head trying to work out what's going on.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Unfortunately, there is 1 thing I miss about classic that can never be restored: Not knowing things. Part of the experience was actually LEARNING the game. Finding out what is good, and what isn't. Conquering new challenges. Exploring never seen areas.

Now there is an expected path to take, you know what to expect, nothing is a surprise. You are just walking in someone else's footsteps.
    Pretty much this. For me, it was pretty awesome to see places and characters that I remembered from Warcraft 3.

It'll help me a little bit that I didn't play on private servers, so I've probably forgotten some details about how stuff worked over the last ~13-14 years it's been since I've actually played Classic. But unless I manage to get my hands on one of those Neuralyzer things from MIB, I'm still not playing it for the first time again. I'll know to look over my shoulder for Stitches when I'm in Duskwood, what's gonna happen when I pick up a Blood of Heroes, etc.

1. A couple of the old quest lines like the Alliance side Onyxia quests and Bolver's quest in the plaguelands.

2. Brewing my own poisons as a rogue.

3. Having a ton of oaths, blessings and seals as a paladin.