Thread: Raid frames

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raid frames

Right now classic has both frames.The new one and the old one.Will Blizzard remove the updated raid UI from classic and leave only the old one?

The old frame was this
    https://www.gosuguides.net/en/news/w...r-ui-elemente/

The new one
    https://imgur.com/9kdDXa7
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

New ones must be removed. NO CHANGES. Period.

lol that classic guy still trolling the forums

blizzard already said they use the updated one

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    So you keep saying. However, seeing as the entire classic client is the 7.3.5 there’s already changes, so suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    So you keep saying. However, seeing as the entire classic client is the 7.3.5 there’s already changes, so suck it.
    They have a reference Vanilla 1.1.2 client you moron.

What part of no changes don't you understand? Blizzard has been going by this philosophy from the start

No they did it on purpose.

Not really a big deal since if they left the default ones literally nobody would use them and they would download an addon that looks identical to the current ingame raid frames.
    Hi Sephurik

What part of no changes don't you understand? Blizzard has been going by this philosophy from the start
    please just delete yourself

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-27 at 01:00 AM.

They do, but their reference client is the old version of the game that doesn't have access or functionality to battle net, blizzard cloud or any of their modern tech - it's exactly as they said it is, a reference client.

The actual version that we're getting, the one that's in beta, is the old game data run through the 7.3.5 client. That in itself is already a change, as everything interface wise is how it was at the end of Legion (7.3.5). That's why the raid interface is as it is, and why it's not like the 1.12 version. Sure they could modify and replace it with the old one if people become that bothered, but I doubt it. There's going to be changes due to the client (the 7.3.5 version) that they're running the 1.12 game data through. It's not the 1.12 client.

There's also zero need for the name calling as well, seeing as in terms of actually knowing information i'm not the one here that's lacking on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    That in itself is already a change, as everything interface wise is how it was at the end of Legion (7.3.5). That's why the raid interface is as it is, and why it's not like the 1.12 version.
    Total nonsense sorry mate. I've watched probably 100 hours of beta streams, everything from the name plates to the damage combat text is as it was in Vanilla. (Thank god, because all those things suck major ass in retail).

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about raid frames... I bet right now that there will be addons made that will try and re-create the vanilla raid frames, UI and everything else that is from the 7.3.5 client.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Who cares about raid frames... I bet right now that there will be addons made that will try and re-create the vanilla raid frames, UI and everything else that is from the 7.3.5 client.
    I think the raid frames being in Classic is a bug, if you look carefully they don't look quite right, like it's a work in progress. In the next build I believe it will be fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the raid frames being in Classic is a bug, if you look carefully they don't look quite right, like it's a work in progress. In the next build I believe it will be fixed
    Great, if that is the case I will still use addons to get better raid frames anyway.

was anyone NOT using some kind of raidframe addon back then?

They're unsuitable for a healer anyway, so it doesnt matter. Everyone else would do fine with the old ones tbh.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Literally everyone will be using Healbot/Vuhdo/etc. anyway to display raid frames, why basic addon functionality shouldn't be baseline?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    They're unsuitable for a healer anyway, so it doesnt matter. Everyone else would do fine with the old ones tbh.
    How are they unsuitable? I know plenty of people who heal with them in BfA raids. They are absolutely just fine for what they are supposed to do.

Would have perfered the new ones not be there but this is something addons would have just smashed anyways so I can't justify being to worried about it.

Good thing you don't have a say in the matter.
    Old raidframes were objecively trash.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    LOL please explain how the modern raid frames are unsuitable for healers? I always thought that the built-in raid frames are waaaaaay better than any raid frame addon, because they already look nice, are easy to setup (also includes profiles) and they display all necessary info with icons, no clipping issues etc...

Please show us a link a link where Blizz said there would be no changes. Oh, that's right, you can't. In fact. Blizzard has already listed some things are are changed from Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every single person, including in the screenshot, used CT_Raid.

That RA icon on the minimap, is for the CT_Raid group of mods.
    Speciation Is Gradual