Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard should do, what they do best if they want WoW to be on top

Like back in the days when all they did was steal stuff from other games, remember warhammer online? remember guild wars?
    now do your research and u know where all the stuff in WoW comes from
    they were the best in copying game mechanics and stuff from other games which made the games very good

now blizzard, its your turn again to copy and do what FFXIV does so your next exp. will be a success

as far as i know any game uses some idea of other games, improve and release as your own. Wow bases was everquest, they improved some mechanics. And how many games symple copy paste wow?

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    Like back in the days when all they did was steal stuff from other games, remember warhammer online? remember guild wars?
    they were the best in copying game mechanics and stuff from other games which made the games very good

now blizzard, its your turn again to copy and do what FFXIV does so your next exp. will be a success
    If they do that, would not the next feature to be added have to be battle royal...? Whenever i open that Twitch app to update my addons, Fortnite is the most watched game. FF14 is....i had to use the search function....let's say it's not that high up there.

Edit:
    And before you say we already had BR in WoD....yeah, sure....but you were not able to build stupid shit into the landscape! That is where the fun comes from!
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-26 at 04:34 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    as far as i know any game uses some idea of other games, improve and release as your own. Wow bases was everquest, they improved some mechanics. And how many games symple copy paste wow?
    It only worked for Blizzard when genre/game had bigger potential than popularity (old strategy games, old isometric RPGs, Everquest, MTG, TF2). When they tried this trick with HoTS, it failed - because LoL was already very popular and easy to play (and LoL idea was taken from WIII mod, oh the irony).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna know why WoW feels like nothing new anymore? Because their A team is working on different games because WoW is no longer their #1 prio. (sad but true)
    If Blizzard actually tried in making WoW their #1 flagship again, they would start advertising again. Making silly irl events. And obvious letting their A team put that magic touch back in WoW.

Sadly, Blizzard would rather see WoW die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The A and B team crap is complete nonsense. Without any actual evidence, it comes off like a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    If they do that, would not the next feature to be added have to be battle royal...? Whenever i open that Twitch app to update my addons, Fortnite is the most watched game. FF14 is....i had to use the search function....let's say it's not that high up there.

Edit:
    And before you say we already had BR in WoD....yeah, sure....but you were not able to build stupid shit into the landscape! That is where the fun comes from!
    a Battleground which has the battle royale stuff in it

why not

i bet my left nut they are thinking / thought about it

u start with ur class and collect spells / gear .. lul

Edit:
    Imagine using twitch viewership to judge game popularity. Twitch viewership is based entirely around what is FUN to watch, pve games generally don't make it far up the top unless A) they're new, B) they have something major going on, like a new expansion or beta (like wow does right now) or C) a major streamer is playing it at that time (like shroud, etc)

Out of the top 10 right now 7 are pvp games, 1 is just chatting, 1 is a limited classic beta with a lot of big streamers playing, and one is one of the most popular games right now (gta v) that also has pvp elements.

ffxiv is fun to play, not necessarily to watch.

Could someone plz do a list of things Blizzard copied along the years?

I only remember:

Zone level scaling and mob scaling with players level (Guild Wars 2)
    Bosses health and difficulty scaling with the amount of players (Guild Wars 2)
    Mega Server which turned into CRZ in WoW(Guild Wars 2)

I know this because i took a break from WoW to GW2 at the time it released and i saw the copying happen in front of my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what does ff14 do? Everytime i see somethin from that game it just looks like a washed up clone already.
    You could elaborate more what features exactly you want from that game.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-05-26 at 05:34 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

RIFT: LFD / LFR / scenarios mass looting, proving grounds
    warhammer online: BG queues from everywhere
    Last edited by joggerwearerlol; 2019-05-26 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Blizzard would rather see WoW die.
    No they don't. No one wants their product to fail because that's just wasted money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    And what does ff14 do? Everytime i see somethin from that game it just looks like a washed up clone already.
    You could elaborate more what features exactly you want from that game.
    Minimal RNG, deterministic gearing, classes that are actually fun to play, an actual story that isn't asspull.

Washed up clone, right, it's one of the few MMO's right now that's currently growing instead of shrinking (ESO being another)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Minimal RNG, deterministic gearing, classes that are actually fun to play, an actual story that isn't asspull.

Washed up clone, right, it's one of the few MMO's right now that's currently growing instead of shrinking (ESO being another)
    Iunno i mostly just see the boss fights and they are always just with simple mechanics and the arena itself looks like crap, just some flying platform most of the times.

Thats also why i mentioned he should give some examples what to take.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Iunno i mostly just see the boss fights and they are always just with simple mechanics and the arena itself looks like crap, just some flying platform most of the times.
    That's just the style they went with, and Savage/Ultimate fights are far from simple.

They're not all flying platforms either.

(btw, most wow fights are just on a platform too, it's just cleverly disguised, but think about it... most of theme are circular or oval as well)
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-05-26 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

So, just like warhammer and guild wars also copied things?

And do what FFXIV did? You mean, die and remake your game because you failed first time?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Wanna know why WoW feels like nothing new anymore? Because their A team is working on different games because WoW is no longer their #1 prio. (sad but true)
    If Blizzard actually tried in making WoW their #1 flagship again, they would start advertising again. Making silly irl events. And obvious letting their A team put that magic touch back in WoW.

Sadly, Blizzard would rather see WoW die.
    That's just false, the bolded part at least.

They list it as their one of their top games in the quarterly reports, they've increased the # of devs yet again, and they do still advertise it, esp around xpac time they have commercials and shit.

It's their biggest cash cow, it always has been and still continues to be. Sure they need to invest more into it to keep it making as much money as it does, but no company wants to see their top grossing game die.

If they do that, would not the next feature to be added have to be battle royal...?
    They already did that in WoD; the one that awards Lord/Lady of War.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

They already did. That is exactly how we got World quests when they ripped off FATES

Time to stop pretending Blizzard is a thing, all the old blizzard leadership is gone, its just Activision's standard milking now.

Like back in the days when all they did was steal stuff from other games, remember warhammer online?
    Warhammer online? The game that came four years after WoW launched?
    remember guild wars?
    The game that came one year after WoW?
    The irony is palpable...

What did they "steal"? As far as I know, I don't recall ever reading about either of those games losing features because Blizzard stole them.