Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yeah, so nothing interesting, fun, or challenging about it. Just mindless trash killing.
    No, no. I am holding your arm and you are gonna be forced to do it. This isn't an optional event. You are gonna stop everything that you enjoy (if there even is such a thing) and do this.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-09-14 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    In a world where mages have been known to teleport masses through the world in the blink of an eye, Teldrassil's fall was over dramatized because they had plenty of time to properly evacuate far more than what they did.
    Yes but Teldrassil was portrait as genozite, and Undercity was not. Tyrande metioned that to many elves where there, it was also not only the city it was also the new land of the nightelfs that is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Snip
    I wonder how feasible it would be for them to just add a copy of the zone in the main world, and have a bronze dragon teleport you to the TBC version. No phasing involved, just teleporting from one zone to another.

I can't see the Sunwell being lost because it's loss would end the Blood Elves. As they are a player race, and a rather popular one, this probably won't be an outcome.
    This being said, Night Elves are the second most played race on the Alliance and narratively they've lost control of not only their capital city but virtually all of the adjacent territories they previously either controlled or had large claims over.

Darnassus, Silvermoon.
    Teldrassil, Eversong Woods.
    Darkshore, Ghostlands.

There is precedent, is all I'm getting at.

I feel like the Silvermoon Warfront will take place more in the Ghostlands, with a Blockade at the Northern edge of the zone, btw I'm gonna be here thinking of the mounts we'll get from the rares in those areas if and when they are revamped

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    This being said, Night Elves are the second most played race on the Alliance and narratively they've lost control of not only their capital city but virtually all of the adjacent territories they previously either controlled or had large claims over.

Darnassus, Silvermoon.
    Teldrassil, Eversong Woods.
    Darkshore, Ghostlands.

There is precedent, is all I'm getting at.

Undercity was the counterpart to Darnassus and it has been destroyed. The Night Elves also weren't tied to an immovable font of magic they are dependant on to keep going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    I feel like the Silvermoon Warfront will take place more in the Ghostlands, with a Blockade at the Northern edge of the zone, btw I'm gonna be here thinking of the mounts we'll get from the rares in those areas if and when they are revamped
    This what I suspect of course. You can easily see the Alliance building up a new base in Deatholme for example after they get rid of the Scourge and the Horde base being Tranquilien.

Undercity was the counterpart to Darnassus and it has been destroyed. The Night Elves also weren't tied to an immovable font of magic they are dependant on to keep going.
    But if the Alliance did retake Silvermoon, I coulc see Anduin, Velen or Alleria just going "they can keep that"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    People getting horny over Silvermoon being here need to keep their expectations in check. Horde will never lose control over Silvermoon in the overworld. It wouldn't be balanced gameplay.

It will be at most a half assed attempt at making both sides happy, which will inevitably make everybody hate it. I'm sure of it.
    Not to mention that Silvermoon (and the Exodar) were supposed to be the "last bastions of defense" back in the beta, w/e that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    But if the Alliance did retake Silvermoon, I coulc see Anduin, Velen or Alleria just going "they can keep that"
    The Alliance COULD take Silvermoon. I believe they won't take Quel'Danas, too heavily defended and moving against it would mean moving the Alliance fleet way out of position to do so.

Besides given the scale of overhauling the blood elf zones, leaving Quel'Danas alone would save them a good chunk of work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostlands and Silvermoon merged into 1 zone. Quel'thelas. Max level zone for warfront holders. Ghostlands is still there, but think of it like Drustvar. Pretty side on the north, plague on the south. PLague clearing up though. Silvermoon rebuilt.

Silvermoon will be a far more widely reaching revamp than Arathi. It has to be.

Consider for example what the opportunity of revamping the zone affords Blizzard. They can finally make them flyable and add them to the Eastern Kingdoms map, removing the ugliness of hitting an invisible barrier along the northside of the Eastern Kingdoms.

However, the new Arathi zone is phased over the old Arathi. Talk to Zidormi and you are teleported back to the old version, old graphics, old skins.

Imagine doing the same in Eversong/Ghostlands/Silvermoon. Would you return to the version of the zones that are actually on the Outland server? Would Blizzard keep the zone partition just to make things a little easier even if that is a golden opportunity lost?

Or would they go the whole hog. Do the work on Eversong/Ghostlands/Silvermoon so they are flyable now in their current timeline and still integrate them with the rest of the EK...and then do the warfront reskin for those of us who have unlocked it?

Silvermoon is going to be a colossal project as a Warfront.

I would suggest Blizzard does it right.

- - - Updated - - -

The Blood Elves ending up in Suramar is a likely consequence IF Silvermoon becomes a warzone. For all we know the Alliance could set up shop in Deatholme and their goal in the Warfront is to take the newly fortified Horde base in Tranquilien.

Quel'Danas falling is unlikely though.

It is separated by water from the rest of the Eastern Kingdoms and will be easier to protect.

Design wise, it will probably be irrelevant to the warfront and can be left alone. Silvermoon/Eversong/Ghostlands is going to be one of the biggest zone projects ever done if it is done right (as it should be). I can't see the Sunwell being lost because it's loss would end the Blood Elves. As they are a player race, and a rather popular one, this probably won't be an outcome.
    Night Elves are a very popular player race as well, didn't stop Blizzard from screwing them over countless times.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Night Elves are a very popular player race as well, didn't stop Blizzard from screwing them over countless times.
    Tbh NEs are in a very particular position. No other race seems to be as actively hated by the dev team. Besides, the more I think about the burning of Teldrassil, the more I think writers put it in as a cool (TM) moment for Horde, but didn't have a clue as to what to do afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I thought they debunked them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh NEs are in a very particular position. No other race seems to be as actively hated by the dev team. Besides, the more I think about the burning of Teldrassil, the more I think writers put it in as a cool (TM) moment for Horde, but didn't have a clue as to what to do afterwards.
    It is better to lose your capital than to not have it at all and be forgotten since Vanilla, like gnomes. Of course, no one remembers about them as they didn't get to Warcraft 3.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Talk about necroing a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Talk about necroing a thread.
    Yet my point still stands.

Yet my point still stands.
    It’s not exactly related to the OP though, is it. Necro’d an old thread and off topic. Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It is better to lose your capital than to not have it at all and be forgotten since Vanilla, like gnomes. Of course, no one remembers about them as they didn't get to Warcraft 3.
    I mean to be fair, gnomes were literally created as the Alliance techno-foil to the goblins in Warcraft II, explaining why Alliance had Flying machines and Submarines when the Horde had Airships and Sea Turtles. They never really had any more nuance from that and have always been a token joke race as a result.

Night Elves literally were a new faction and race that had their own narrative arc and aesthetic that no other faction had. Its understandable why one would have more popularity compared to the other in that case, and as a result, more narrative screentime and development time.

One could argue that Gnomes could have gotten a similar treatment with dev resources, but lets be honest, who would have cared about Gnomes retaking Gnomeregan aside from people who wanted to see what it looked like rebuilt?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Imagine caring about warfronts.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Some shocking news.. I do care about and like them.

I wish they would make winning or losing warfronts effect the rest of the game outside the warfronts. Like in Wintergrasp, or Terrokar Forest towers.

The way it is it's just a system in a bubble, boring imo, wasted potential, half assed stuff.