Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well then I'm sure they will just disappear now that they're banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Side note as well, the whole "first country to ban them" thing isn't quite factually accurate either.

In 1999, Belgium made the Hell's Angels illegal under the provision they acted in a similar manner to a private militia, which was forbidden under Belgian law. So technically, I think Belgium got there first.

They are still around though, not by much, this is mainly Outlaws and affiliates territory.
    think its mostly a technicality. lots of places ban specific chapters instead of the whole organization. (which was the defenses main argument, that there were just individual clubs not an overarching organization.)

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Well then I'm sure they will just disappear now that they're banned.
    probably not but sure makes it easier to prosecute them i imagine. especially if for pride reasons or w/e they keep references around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk, I’m reading conflicting info, with the gang officially saying they don’t do these things, that’s it’s individuals using the name when they do the crimes. But as said, I don’t want to be ignorant just because they have said it’s not them - of course they may try to deny it, etc.

If it’s bad in the Netherlands, sure, ban it. I’m not against that, just trying to stay open-minded and first wanting to charge individual bad eggs rather than the whole group.
    Again, thats like saying the mafia arent bad, it just bad individuals. Or that the Crips and Bloods arent bad, its just individuals. Or Sina Loa Cartel isnt bad, its just individuals. When you get organized, there is is usually a general directive to benefit the organization through illegal means. The only difference here is chapters vs national organization. SOME individuals may not participate and instead provide other services, but that isnt the norm.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2019-05-30 at 03:44 PM.

Idk, I’m reading conflicting info, with the gang officially saying they don’t do these things, that’s it’s individuals using the name when they do the crimes. But as said, I don’t want to be ignorant just because they have said it’s not them - of course they may try to deny it, etc.

If it’s bad in the Netherlands, sure, ban it. I’m not against that, just trying to stay open-minded and first wanting to charge individual bad eggs rather than the whole group.
    the fact that they get special club patches and insignia's after using violence doesn't really help the "its just a few bad apples" argument.

Should be banned around the globe. This isnt a "motorcycle club" its a place for criminals.

I do know that if you wear anything that would identify you as a Hell's Angel and you aren't one, you will be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Do you think clubs with a history of violence should be banned in your country?
    100%. These stories are beyond stupid. Everyone knows they are criminal and that they killed people, but we can't arrest or stop them because we don't have "concrete proofs" and because they find flaws in the law codes... I don't support granting extra power to the authorities as they could use it against innocent people the next day but sometimes..

It's a banner for violent people to gather under, even if there are people who use it for other purposes. Unlike things like religion though, there's no reason for the non-violent people to associate with the not-insignificant amount of people (however large that percentage is) within Hell's Angels who stand for violence. The entire club is essentially outlaws - just as an example, if you've ever tried to become a police officer or prison guard, you have no chance of getting a membership.

Just Hells Angels? There are plenty of MCs that are just as bad. Such as Cannonball.

The AMA (American motorcycle association) once stated that 99% of all members of mc's where law abiding citizen, hells angels pride themselves of being part of a 1% mc (which is a reference to the 99%) thingy.

That is a strawman argument and a half level of bullshit, right there. Don't try and derail the thread with crap like that to fit whatever bullshit agenda you're planning top argue, it is just so pants on head stupid my mind is reeling.
    Did i hit a nerve there?
    He said if it's okay to ban a club with a history of violence ,wich i think is a good cause.

But when you think about it what type of 'club' has caused more violence in human hitsory? Yes it is religion and i'm not gonna talk about 1 specific as you were thinking.

I'm not trying to to fit any agenda but i'm pretty sure there are more religious fanatics out there that are causing more harm than a bunch of bikers...

I did, you said they would go underground or use a different name.

They absolutely will NOT. Their name is everything, as are their colours, they won;t change those, because it means they are no longer who they are. Because of this, the law actually might have an impact.
    Believe me, courts and law enforcement have struggled for years as to the best way to combat this, and a blanket ban basically eliminates anything and everything of who they are. The key thing is, whether the appeal holds or not.
    So you think they’ll just stop being in their gang, become law abiding citizens and move on? Yeah, not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It sounds nice, but it's not going to work. These people are not suddenly going to become law abiding citizens who don't have contact with their friends anymore... It's just going underground or using a different name.
    We have that problem in the US with the KKK still. Up in the mountains in Tennessee, out in the backwoods all around the south. Problem is, the people in it are doctors, lawyers, sheriffs, etc. Plenty of powerful people in there to easily cover it up in an emergency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha!

This is so stupid. Leave it to the Netehrlands to do some asinine shit and think themselves as being "progressive".

That'd be like America telling the Crips & Bloods they're banned from American streets... Good Luck with that.

And the Hell's Angels are NOT a White supremacist gang.

They may be Violent, Drug Dealers, Traffickers, Smugglers, Murderers, but they are not White Supremacist.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Absolutely not. They will just keep doing what they keep doing.

But they won't change their name or colours. So most likely they will go to jail.
    One of the club houses already took down their sign, so yes, they’ll change and go underground. They’ll wear their colors in their club house, without a sign above the door, and continue doing what they do. They won’t use their name in public and get arrested all the time, they do have jobs and families and lives to protect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It sounds nice, but it's not going to work. These people are not suddenly going to become law abiding citizens who don't have contact with their friends anymore... It's just going underground or using a different name.
    It is going to work in what it sets out to do and that means they can no longer rent and take advantage of the laws protecting organizations. Nobody is expecting this to suddenly completely abolish the movement because that's also not what it sets out to do.

My issue with this is that they'll just move to Belgium and we have enough of them already over here.

Idk, haven’t these guys also done a lot of good? At least in the US I’m aware of it, like Trassk posted. Guess it depends on where you are.

Maybe just target individuals imo since I don’t think the gang represents or stands for violence - not here, at least.
    Idk if a few good deeds make up for the drugs, murder, violence, and general disruption to society they do daily.

I think the idea of the "ban" is that it allows them to prosecute and remove people associated with the gang without jumping through hoops first. Obviously a written law will not magically identify and evict members of the gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Hell's angels helped to block westboro baptist church from getting close to the sandy hook shooting funerals
    I don't think you can equate one chapter directly with another.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.
    Belgium is mainly Outlaws territory. They have 7 Angels chapters, spread out in the Northern and Central parts of Belgium, but their numbers aren't a fraction of the Outlaws (16 chapters not including affiliates).
    The Angels usually keep a low profile in Belgium, because they are outnumbered. So highly unlikely they will move to here, Germany maybe, and perhaps France, but not Belgium.
    That's nice, sadly i live in that border region and regardless of what that is they have always been around here. I honestly don't care who is the biggest and who has the most, they are all here including satudarah.