Poll: WORST expansion in the last five years

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    obvious troll is obvious
    I know right, you make it absolutely clear that you don't take anyone seriously unless they share your opinion. That's a very good trait if you're a troll, so I'm glad you realize it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I know right, you make it absolutely clear that you don't take anyone seriously unless they share your opinion. That's a very good trait if you're a troll, so I'm glad you realize it yourself.
    i truly thought he was trolling to bait. There's enough WoW for all of us, and if he/she was serious more power to them adn i'm happy for them. I personally voted BFA, but it's just one opinion and i hope 8.2 kicks ass for those who enjoy bfa still.

is it me or is there one of these shite threads at least 3 times a day?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    i truly thought he was trolling to bait. There's enough WoW for all of us, and if he/she was serious more power to them adn i'm happy for them. I personally voted BFA, but it's just one opinion and i hope 8.2 kicks ass for those who enjoy bfa still.
    yeah nah mate, having content you dont like is better then having 15 months of no content, that you dont like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    is it me or is there one of these shite threads at least 3 times a day?
    they want to quit wow but need someones support, they hate wow but are obsessed with it so they constantly plead fior people to agree with them rthat the game is shit so they can feel good that they are quitting. instead of it being "i dont like this game, guess i will quit" they want it to be "this game is shit, im better then all of you for realizing that and quitting while yall keep playing"

that or they are just sad people.
    i dont play dota, but you dont see me on their forums all day complaining how the game is shit.

wow is the ONLY game where people say they quit years ago, but they still talk about how shit it is and why they dont play, and post over and over, time and time again, even thoguh they stopped playing YEARS ago.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-06-02 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah nah mate, having content you dont like is better then having 15 months of no content, that you dont like.

- - - Updated - - -

they want to quit wow but need someones support, they hate wow but are obsessed with it so they constantly plead fior people to agree with them rthat the game is shit so they can feel good that they are quitting. instead of it being "i dont like this game, guess i will quit" they want it to be "this game is shit, im better then all of you for realizing that and quitting while yall keep playing"

that or they are just sad people.
    i dont play dota, but you dont see me on their forums all day complaining how the game is shit.
    Problem is, i enjoyed how my classes played back in WoD even though the content gap and lack of content outside of raids was lesser than bfa.

BFA has more, but it means less to me due to how progression is now, the seasonal aspect, and how poorly my classes all play now post legion.

My character is the vessel for how i see the world; if he isn't as fun to play as he was in WoD; what does it matter if the rest of the game has more because it isn't as fun?

That said, that is entirely subjective and just one gamers opinion. For every person like myself who'd prefer an older EQ style of progression like older WoW... there's someone who likes the newer style of wow and luvs BFA and that's perfectly A ok. Plenty of WoW for us all

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hard to make a definitive until it's over but BfA has a lot of WoD vibes, but still has -some- promise to rise from last place so until we see it all WoD is still the worse.

Voted BFA. Yes, WoD was bad...but there were still some things i loved about it.

1. WoD definetely had a LOT more little-stories while leveling that i loved. Overall, i think the zones were more distinct and beautiful.
    2. Garrisons flopped, but they were at least something NEW and there was a ton of effort put into them...BFA has jack-shit-nothing for new features. No, i don't think Island Expeditions or Warfronts are worthy of being called "new features". They are just normal PvE maps full of trash with a timer on them. That's not "new". It's a combination of existing stuff and a timer thrown in. I do not call the "Fill the bar!"-Quests of WoD new content, either.
    3. Professions were like 10times better in WoD compared to BFA
    4. The raids were better. Especially the second tier. Dazar'alor (for me) is one of the worst raids in the entire history of this game. Blackrock Foundry was very good. Not one of the best (again: for me) but sure up there.
    5. Class Design and general Gameplay were much better. In WoD you actually GAINED a new passive every two levels while leveling. In BFA you LOSE passives while leveling (Legendaries) and gain NOTHING in its place.
    6. WoD had the lvl3 Building Blueprints to keep you entertained after leveling for at least 2-3 weeks. BFA just handed you the neck and said: "Go and collect Azerite! You will be doing EXACTLY the same as you did while leveling! And all the neck does is unlock the exact same stuff you already had again!". Yeah, thanks. But no thanks.
    7. Ashran was a good and fun max-level PvE zone. Yes, it sucked as a PvP zone, but the PvE was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Negative questions are often so boring. So, to turn it around, the expansion I've enjoyed most this past 5 years is...BfA.
    mouthbreathers will never look for a positive

That's a bit difficult.

WoD is definitely up front, a part of it is because:
    being in a closed space for most of the expansion
    post leveling lackluster story (including Garrosh ending in Nagrand)
    lack of content

Music, art, and immersion weren't the problem.

BfA pretty much close:

Music, art, and immersion weren't the problem.
    Also, there's no lack of content... but the problem is that you got loads of MEANINGLESS content.

And while leveling storytelling is alright, the post-leveling storytelling is absolutely abysmal, full of retcons and plotholes.

Legion seems to have the least of problems. the only issue there was is grinding for artifact power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Voted BFA. Yes, WoD was bad...but there were still some things i loved about it.

2. Garrisons flopped, but they were at least something NEW and there was a ton of effort put into them...BFA has jack-shit-nothing for new features. No, i don't think Island Expeditions or Warfronts are worthy of being called "new features". They are just normal PvE maps full of trash with a timer on them. That's not "new". It's a combination of existing stuff and a timer thrown in. I do not call the "Fill the bar!"-Quests of WoD new content, either.
    Artifical Ai that actuallty plays like players instead of just "see charecter run into melee and smack person who aggros me"
    is not new to you? seriously mate?

also ashran PVE? lololol yeah what are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Cataclysm was 8.5 years ago mate.
    I am aware that it was old but it was and still that bad that it overshadows bfa(which is not out and finished) and its slightly worse then WoD

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Artifical Ai that actuallty plays like players instead of just "see charecter run into melee and smack person who aggros me"
    is not new to you? seriously mate?

also ashran PVE? lololol yeah what are you even talking about?
    The AI in IEs is the weakest kind of creature you can actually fight there. The enemy NPC team is, out of EVERYTHING you can possibly aggro on these maps, the least threatening and most ignorable part. That is, of course, a tuning issue. If the maps were not just full of trash and there would be more emphasis on fighting the enemy team, they might actually be noteworthy. But this is not the case and from the 8.2 announcement we already know that they will further REDUCE the impact of the enemy NPC team.

So yes, i think ignoring them on IEs is fair criticism.

As for Ashran...it seems you never were there? Ashran was basically a little adventure-park full of different PvE events. Of course, Blizzard intended them to be the side-show of PvP, but as we all know, they never managed to accomplish that. Yet, as a pure PvE zone Ashran was actually ok. You have to see that in the context of all the other WoD zones having exactly NONE end-game-PvE content (until Tanaan came like 12 months later). Zero. Zip. Nada. Ashran had a lot of the stuff that was missing from the other zones. It was a quite beautiful map, too.
    Let me put it this way: Ashran was a better PvE Warfront than Arathi and Darkshore.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Legion, by far. Tons of V-Sync and DirectX issues well after launch. Draenor ran super smooth with the engine overall, Legion felt like a slog.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong and COMPLETELY wrong. Are you a lemming, or have you just never been asked to think for yourself?
    Wait i am wrong for not thinking for myself but when i say my opinion i am automatically wrong ?
    Anyway my opinion is that Cata is the worst then WoD ,but BFA still has time to recover and show us wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always choose the worst addon by looking at my reputation tab on alts/main. I had no reps during mop/wod, and now I farm it everyday and I'm not really surprised I didnt play MoP and WoD.

I loved Legion, every single thing about it, even if I had the worst legendaries, but Legion was really alt friendly, I leveled first time in my WoW playing time five alts... I never leveled that much, (I always stick to Hunter/Priest, but I leveled Monk/DK/Druid/Demon Hunter additionally and switched to Demon Hunter as main).

So WoD is the worst. Cant say I hate BfA, I really loved the start, the first weeks, even closed eyes on the fact I really had no luck with azerite traits/armor stuff. Old gods, Battle of Daza, zones and music are super-duper awesome, and I'm really looking forward to 8.2. Well, as people said above, BfA aint forgotten, so it'll be okay i believe
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.1.0
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.2.0

When even before the first patch (to the best of my knowledge) the story was pretty well fleshed out into where it was heading did WoD really need more than 1 more patch to wrap up any major loose ends that still existed?
    That the story had to be told so quickly was part of the problem. The expansion could have significantly benefitted from more fleshing out of just about everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The AI in IEs is the weakest kind of creature you can actually fight there. The enemy NPC team is, out of EVERYTHING you can possibly aggro on these maps, the least threatening and most ignorable part. That is, of course, a tuning issue. If the maps were not just full of trash and there would be more emphasis on fighting the enemy team, they might actually be noteworthy. But this is not the case and from the 8.2 announcement we already know that they will further REDUCE the impact of the enemy NPC team.

So yes, i think ignoring them on IEs is fair criticism.

As for Ashran...it seems you never were there? Ashran was basically a little adventure-park full of different PvE events. Of course, Blizzard intended them to be the side-show of PvP, but as we all know, they never managed to accomplish that. Yet, as a pure PvE zone Ashran was actually ok. You have to see that in the context of all the other WoD zones having exactly NONE end-game-PvE content (until Tanaan came like 12 months later). Zero. Zip. Nada. Ashran had a lot of the stuff that was missing from the other zones. It was a quite beautiful map, too.
    Let me put it this way: Ashran was a better PvE Warfront than Arathi and Darkshore.
    i feel like you run the placeo n normal or something, in mythic running into them if you are not co-ordinated or overgeared you can run into quite a few deaths.

garrisons were easy, there was nothing hard about garrisons, so we get to ignore that as "something new" right? cause IE's npcs are easy so yeah i guess we get to ignore that. Ashran was also easy so yeah thats not new either.

lol pve events? those were pvp events, both factions fought over those, idk what you are talking about it being full of PVE, literally you could only enter with pvp on, and other then pvp, the only pve you coudl do there was... farm mobs... liek any other zone.

no, ashran was nowhere near as good pve as the warfronts
    its pathetic your level of rose tint. ahsran's pve was literally "kill mobs... ok."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.1.0
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.2.0

When even before the first patch (to the best of my knowledge) the story was pretty well fleshed out into where it was heading did WoD really need more than 1 more patch to wrap up any major loose ends that still existed?
    mhm. so if an expansion has a good story it doesn't need any patches?
    cause it only got 1, no 6.1 is not a major patch.
    cause nah, a mediocre story of time traveling orcs does not excuse 15 months of no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    wod at least had a semblence of class design
    About the only thing WoD had because it had nothing else lol.

BfA at least has content. Not ideal or good content but thats still more than WoD had.

WoD and Cata are still my worst two expansions. BfA is a third no doubt, it isnt good, but it by far isnt the worst. I honestly already think it;s under rated as an expansion.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-06-02 at 04:04 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I mean, personally I really enjoyed raiding in Warlords. But there was little other reason to login for two years. Garrison and its quests / campaign lasted a month or two. Jungle was neat for a while, but overall I prefer the current setup of World Quests and Mythic Dungeons. Plus, we had 2 1/2 raids. Feels like they cut one out! Warlords has my vote for worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That the story had to be told so quickly was part of the problem. The expansion could have significantly benefitted from more fleshing out of just about everything.
    That's my question though, what additional story was there to tell? I do think we'll go back to Draenor someday, probably not too far in the future to be honest but WoD was meant as a lead up to Legion from the start to be honest. It was never meant to be very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    WoD and Cata were much much worse than BFA. BFA at least has things to do. Cata & WoD had no content to do whatsoever beside raiding.
    WoD and Cata were much better than BfA for PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"