"Good" Warrior Guides!

Hi all,

I will be playing a warrior in classic, but did not play the game at this time. I want to be a tank first & foremost. I tanked in TBC & Wrath as a warrior, but obviously very different games. As such, I have been looking into general guides, but there is a lot of "conflicting" information which brings in the issue of reliability, particularly on Youtube.

As such can anyone provide information on, or a good guide for:

1. Warrior Levelling - Tips, tricks, etc.
    2. Warrior Tanking - Rotation/Priority list, talents, gearing, raid/group game play, Stat Priority, NEEDED buffs, etc. Guides on certain bosses would also be cool.
    3. Warrior Class overview - Stance dancing, niche abilities/situational awareness in classic, etc. (Basically an overview of the class).

On a different note too, for reference:

4. Warrior PvP (presume arms) - How to deal with pesky mages, etc.
    5. Fury/Arms DPS (Talents, Stats, Rotation, etc).

Thanks!

There are some pretty good warrior lvling guides if you go to private servers forums. Sadly I can't link them here, but you will find them.'

Edit: this page doesn't seem to be associated with any private servers, so check it out https://www.wowisclassic.com/en/clas...leveling-1-60/
    Last edited by MrHorner; 2019-06-02 at 04:10 PM.

You played in tbc as a tank? I dont think there were that many changes from vanilla to that point

Quote Originally Posted by Stocksy View Post
    You played in tbc as a tank? I dont think there were that many changes from vanilla to that point
    Yeah, I had two characters in TBC.

Elemental Shaman & Protection Warrior.

It's a shame that Elemental Shaman is not really viable!

- - - Updated - - -

* inside PvE I mean. Fun for PvP.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No guide from me, but I can tell you that Classic gameplay was very similar to TBC's for warriors. Stance dancing was present in TBC to a lesser degree (Nightbane, Archimonde, etc.), so that didn't change. The biggest difference in raids was the importance of pulling: not aggroing unwanted packs despite patrols and finding the best route, both of which were more straight forward in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios View Post
    No guide from me, but I can tell you that Classic gameplay was very similar to TBC's for warriors. Stance dancing was present in TBC to a lesser degree (Nightbane, Archimonde, etc.), so that didn't change. The biggest difference in raids was the importance of pulling: not aggroing unwanted packs despite patrols and finding the best route, both of which were more straight forward in TBC.
    And that was all dictated by a hunter miss direct, ice trap and mage sheep

wowhead and mmoauctions got amazing guides covering all classes, including warriors!

Quote Originally Posted by xcoatsyx View Post
    Hi all,

I will be playing a warrior in classic, but did not play the game at this time. I want to be a tank first & foremost. I tanked in TBC & Wrath as a warrior, but obviously very different games. As such, I have been looking into general guides, but there is a lot of "conflicting" information which brings in the issue of reliability, particularly on Youtube.

As such can anyone provide information on, or a good guide for:

1. Warrior Levelling - Tips, tricks, etc.
    2. Warrior Tanking - Rotation/Priority list, talents, gearing, raid/group game play, Stat Priority, NEEDED buffs, etc. Guides on certain bosses would also be cool.
    3. Warrior Class overview - Stance dancing, niche abilities/situational awareness in classic, etc. (Basically an overview of the class).

On a different note too, for reference:

4. Warrior PvP (presume arms) - How to deal with pesky mages, etc.
    5. Fury/Arms DPS (Talents, Stats, Rotation, etc).

Thanks!
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classi...leveling-guide

Quote Originally Posted by xcoatsyx View Post
    Hi all,

If you have tanked in TBC, then you can tank in Vanilla. It's basically the same, with Sunder Armor instead of Devastate and you aren't the one on Thunder Clap duty.

I might be a tad oversimplifying, but honestly not that much. Tanking in TBC was MUCH harder.

I tried posting but it wouldnt let me post links, there is a good collection of pages on vanilla-info

15+ Year Old Account
    Skarm Discord - https://discord.gg/jBMeavq, loads of resources on there, watch his Youtube videos aswell, guy knows what he's talking about.

Warrior in classic is easy. Mash Sunder Armor till your keyboard breaks.

Check out Skarm on Youtube

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Oo, warrior. That's a tough one! They die a lot while leveling solo (it's hard to take on multiple mobs). I suggest in order to get the hang of tanking that you tank all the way from ~18 to 60 (you can solo too, just don't be afraid to tank dungeons along the way). You'll end up gaining valuable experience, great gear, and feedback from experienced players. Your main objective is to maintain threat. If you pull multiple mobs, make sure you keep using AOE threat generators and tag them all with a sunder armor or two so your healer doesn't end up pulling them off you. By the time you hit 60 you'll have plenty of experience to go about tanking in endgame dungeons and eventually raids.