Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    I wish Ethereals were add as an actual race and not allied race and could have communication with void elves in their void language.

They say it will be hard to make skeletons on clothes skeletons to have a female, that's not true i saw so much stuff for female and male to work, so that's not even an issue not even clothes.

Well if in a void themed expansion they could bring the Ethereals, and make it a legit class and not allied race i would so love it. We have them for transmogs and i like it.
    The only differences between normal races and allied races are:
    - They start a lvl20, so they don't have starting zone.
    - They need to be unlocked.

I don't know the problem with them being allied race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Do players just really not care about lore and just care about what's cool? Death Knights are a special case because they were unwillingly risen and turned into undead slaves. Necromancers WILLINGLY BECOME a necromancer. There is no excuse for it. Necromancy is a completely forbidden school of magic amongst both the Horde AND Alliance. With all the Sylvanas hate and her dethroning on the horizon, there is no way in fucking hell either faction would accept necromancers into the fold.

Also, the San'layn were all pretty much eradicated. I don't see how they could be an Allied race at this point.
    I understand where you words are comming from friend, but as Warlocks use fell to fight the Legion (Fight fire with Fire) and the Alliance and Horde Accept that.

So could the Time of the Necromancers be... with the rise of the undead all over the world and a banshee queen that where ever she goes she can raise undead minions... the Alliance and the Horde understand that they need people that understand that "DEATH MAGIC" but not death knights... as you say both factions need people the choose to learn "Schoolars" to study the magic and then use it against their enemies...

About the Lore, I love it, and Necromancerse are all over the place, but as you say, ofc they are out in hiding since they are not very much liked

Hope this helps and that you can understand that this could fit 100% in with the Lore
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I don't know the problem with them being allied race.
    Sure you do.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    - They need to be unlocked.
    It's a pain in the ass having to jump through hoops just to make a character. It's very unfriendly to new players, and can still be obnoxious to existing ones. I main Alliance but wanted to make a Zandalari, and to do so had to spend weeks playing a character I didn't particularly care about just to grind up enough rep to make the one I actually wanted to play.

If added I'd see Ethereals as another "choose your faction" race like the pandas (I've seen Ghostcrawler's comments about this, no need to remind me).
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

I have yet to do all of the BS required to unlock any of the Allied Races, so adding in more with dumb rep grinds and other BS tied to them will just mean there are more I will never play.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I understand where you words are comming from friend, but as Warlocks use fell to fight the Legion (Fight fire with Fire) and the Alliance and Horde Accept that.

So could the Time of the Necromancers be... with the rise of the undead all over the world and a banshee queen that where ever she goes she can raise undead minions... the Alliance and the Horde understand that they need people that understand that "DEATH MAGIC" but not death knights... as you say both factions need people the choose to learn "Schoolars" to study the magic and then use it against their enemies...

About the Lore, I love it, and Necromancerse are all over the place, but as you say, ofc they are out in hiding since they are not very much liked

Hope this helps and that you can understand that this could fit 100% in with the Lore
    Actually, in lore, Warlocks mostly use Fire and Shadow magic. Those that use the fel are shunned and even illegal amongst the Alliance. And as I said, there is no way they would accept Necromancers so soon after Sylvanas going Lich Queen on the world. The only necromancers in lore have been villains. It's an outlawed school of magic by the Kirin Tor because of the bull shit Kel'thuzad caused.

Faction-exclusive progression towards Allied races is BS and they'd better not do it again for any new Allied races.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me an Allied race would try to fit into an expansion and the ideas behind it.

Ion Hazzikostas said that they are going to calm down on the Allied races and in future patchs there wont come that many out as fast as we have had this period, I enjoy the idea an system behind an Allied race, but I think we dont have to push out to many to early.

To start with what is an Allied race (its a Faction that has some kind of strength that could be used in the major factions to bring on an edge to the current war effort)
    So I think that any future Allied race would be tied to future Expansions.

Next Expanion ideas:

Azeroth Revamp (Eastern Kingdomes/Kalimdor):

1st Idea:
    - Alliance Wildhammer Dwarfts (They are allready a part of the Alliace and they are an Insane air force)
    - Horde Raventusk trolls "Forest trolls (With the fall of Undercity the horde need more forces in Eastern Kingdomes, as a race they are Trolls and in Lore there is no other race that is as strong as a troll race so the strength of the raventusk are their very nature and race.

2nd idea:
    - Alliance Furborgs (their Stranghs are their numbers, with many clans all around on Kalimdor with the major clan in Timbermaw Hold, these could join the Alliance beside the Night elfs... after seen the world tree get blown up by the Savage Horde
    - Horde Stonemaul Ogers (Streanghts... well they are Ogers, what is there more to say)

Outland Revamp

1st Idea:
    - Alliance Broken Draenai (Their numbers and tribes are all over Outland, Their Numbers are many after all these years on a peaceful outland)
    - Horde Mok'nathal (Half orc/Half Ogres, well what else is there to say then think about an ARMY OF REXXAR... nothing more to say)

2nd Idea:
    - Alliance Arrakoa (Many tribes all over the place lacking a unified country they could try to do so under a major faction, Streaght Afinity to magic and numbers)
    - Ogres or Fel orcs "With spikes" (these could bring a great force into the Horde, but if you ask me I would rather like Mok'nathal)

Northrend Revamp:

1st Idea:
    - Alliance Vrykul (their Have many Tribes and are Expert Ship builders with Ancient ties to the humans)
    - Horde Tunka "a Different Tauren race" (they have many cities and tribes and they are allready part of the horde).

2nd Idea:
    - Alliance High Elfs (Since they where up here in numbers in the past and during Wrath they had bases with support from dalaran I think that after the lands where cleaned up of the dead they used this Period of calm and Tranquility to grown and settle down, and people have been asking this since 2005 so why not give it to them "I my self would not make one, but why not make it since its so Lore driven and there are more HIgh elfs out there and people think)
    - Horde San'layne (they are undead blood magic driven elfs, what is there more to say their streaght comes from all over the palce and it would be nice to have a second undead race in the horde)

PS:
    With so much Ancient Lore on Azeroth why not Explore our roots there are so much History and plenty of races to explore out in the old World.

Then in the future we get into more Modern races such as "Vulpera, Sethrak, Etherals... Ecc.." (Don't mistake me I am all for Player choice. so hope we all get what we want, just feel kinda wasted to just hand over and full up the Allied race bar to fast.

PSS:
    This would be the New Furborg model

Artist link with more ideas around it https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zAKkmw
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2019-05-31 at 09:52 PM.
    -

5+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean strength ?

I like your races ideas but furblogs are dumb bears and hunched over creatures that are easily corrupted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Do you mean strength ?

I like your races ideas but furblogs are dumb bears and hunched over creatures that are easily corrupted.
    I agree with you, but with this new Model I think we can have some more ideas behind it and again, I think that we as players have been only shows the bad side of the Furborgs until now, just think about it, the Timbermaw Hold Furborg faction seems smart and very Normal Inteligence race (maybe they are as the Ogres that most of them are not the smartest in the world but that if they are taken care of or given time they can become an inteligent race.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    This was the race for me that drove me wild wanting subraces, then Cataclysm introduced Dragonmaw orcs... I’ve yet to be satisfied by Allied Races. I mean I’m satisfied, but I want it to deliver so much more.
    This. We need these allied races from past expansions playable. I sometimes hear people say they are an "NPC flavor race" and I think that is downright ignorant. The Allied Race system became a thing thanks to the frequent requests for playable subraces. People would always mention races like Dark Iron Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves, Broken, High Elves, Mag'har Orcs, Ogres, Forest Trolls, and Taunka. It's a real shame that not very many of the actually requested subraces are playable. If they are part of the faction, they deserve playability. I want the in-game world to be diverse and feel immersive again. Adding these "classic allied races" would really mean a lot and go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    This. We need these allied races from past expansions playable. I sometimes hear people say they are an "NPC flavor race" and I think that is downright ignorant. The Allied Race system became a thing thanks to the frequent requests for playable subraces. People would always mention races like Dark Iron Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves, Broken, High Elves, Mag'har Orcs, Ogres, Forest Trolls, and Taunka. It's a real shame that not very many of the actually requested subraces are playable. If they are part of the faction, they deserve playability. I want the in-game world to be diverse and feel immersive again. Adding these "classic allied races" would really mean a lot and go a long way.
    Hear, hear! Taunka are especially funny in the context of Allied Races, because you literally go through a quest chain inducting them into the Horde, and it’s incredibly similar to the quest chains inducting Allied Races into the Horde...i’ve Always maintained that Blizzard should’ve gone more in the sub-race route than what they are with AR.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    AMEN... AND AMEN WITH SOME EXTRA AMEN (just for ignorant people, Amen means let it happen)... This is 100% how they should move, Classic Allied races need to come before any others!!! since what you say are so right!!!

Vulpera, Sethrak, Etherials... Yes they are cool and all... but bring them in the future... not in 9.0
    -

I would like to see allied goblin race!