Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Not so much weird, but a niche hobby of mine is mineral collecting. Not your typical rock and polished crystal collecting, but actual specimen collecting. My profile pic is an azurite from my collection.
    Careful m8. That's the first step in becoming a world quest daily.

I'm double jointed in my shoulders (I can shake the hand of someone directly behind me), and I'll often move my shoulder into relatively weird positions without thinking about it. Freaks people out. It's a little harder to do now that I've been going to the gym, and I suspect it may actually become impossible in time, presuming that any accumulated muscle will lessen the flexibility, but I've been able to do it since I was five or so (I'm twenty-six now).

I eat my ramen noodles without broth. I cook the noodles, use the packet over the strained noodles, then add a small amount of butter, sriracha, and soy sauce. My grandmother used to cook me ramen when I was a kid and never read the directions, and I never had reason to question her. I was in college when I learned I was in the wrong. I still eat them that way, albeit very rarely (ramen noodles not being the healthiest thing in the world, and my preparation doing little to help that).

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    I press pedestrian buttons on traffic lights using my knees. Thinking about how many people and what they might have been doing before pressing the button makes me feel nauseated.
    Good idea but impractical. I use my knuckles to press anything, especially elevator buttons. I actually noticed a marked decline in how often I got colds after starting doing this. No matter how you try, your finger tips will make contact with eyes, mouth, nose several times a day but your knuckles will not.

I use a fork and knife on fried chicken... additionally overly fond of finger foods... I just can't touch them... using either the wrapper or paper towel instead to hold it. Dining in a restaurant I use a fork and knife. I was raised in the south but I can not stand having dirty fingers. For an added treat I have worked in machine and woodworking shops... I use my hands constantly... I just don't like touching food... unless I'm doing the cooking... then I wash my hands between everything I touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Good idea but impractical. I use my knuckles to press anything, especially elevator buttons. I actually noticed a marked decline in how often I got colds after starting doing this. No matter how you try, your finger tips will make contact with eyes, mouth, nose several times a day but your knuckles will not.
    Lol. Yep. I agree. I use my foot to flush public toilets.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I use my feet like hands and they are quite dexterous like my hands, I can even throw things using them with as much accuracy as with my hands. I can even turn door knobs and stuff lol.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Smoked Oyster, Red Onion and Mayonaise sandwiches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I like raw onions.
    Me too. I take the skin off and eat them like apples

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Me too. I take the skin off and eat them like apples
    Lol. Now that is weird. I love onions in food, but to eat them like a apple? Na, that is too weird. The taste would be too overwhelming. A bit like eating pure salt. Or a raw hot pepper.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I drop food on the floor, I pick it up and eat it!

I browse MMO-C.

I don't/can't do it but recently I saw someone that could vibrate their eyes. That's pretty weird to see especially in person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I talk to myself.... A lot, as in, arguements and debates.
    This. I interview prep with myself. Long talks with myself on how I'd explain a JavaScript closure to an interviewer.
    Putin khuliyo

talking to yourself and replying back is a highsign of schizophrenia
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    I literally have arguments when working on a project or cooking a meal. I mediate to my pepper shaker quite often for being way too generous of a spicyboi.

I also refer to my body as "supplemental" often dismissing the things that happen to it with jokes about getting another one. Or make excuses that I haven't worked out the controls in it cause it was a discount.
    We're all piloting meatbag starships. Awww yeah.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The ritual/experiential side of body modification.

Tattoos are basically peak popularity right now and piercing had its time in the late 90s/2000s, but the ritual aspect of modification has always been way outside the mainstream. At best, I think people would consider it weird (and at worst, they'd call it much worse).

But whatever. I don't give a fuck whether it is popular or unpopular; I'm not trying to fit in nor am I trying to be counterculture. I like what I like. It has brought a lot of positive to my life, whether through the wonderful folks I've met in the community or through the experiences themselves.
    I've considered stretching my ear lobes but I'm pretty sure the hospital I work for would have something to say about it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I collect weapons, particularly(but not exclusively) knives and other edged weapons. Not prepping, not preparing for zombies or any BS like that, I just like owning, handling, and displaying weaponry.

I read. A lot. Books AND comics and even an occasional manga.

I'm a metal head, but I also listen to a lot of country(old school classic/outlaw stuff and modern alt country), bluegrass, and folk.

I watch pro-wrestling, and much of what I watch is joshi(Japanese women's wrestling) cause those girls can fucking go.

I don't eat lettuce under any circumstances. Won't eat a salad, don't want it on my burgers, don't want it on my tacos or in my tortas, just keep it away from me.

I basically don't get cold. I won't wear a jacket or even a long sleeved shirt unless it's sub-freezing and even then I don't normally wear one unless I'm planning to be out in it for an extended period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    talking to yourself and replying back is a highsign of schizophrenia
    Not really.

It's only schizophrenia if you're responding to a voice you think is real. If I'm talking to myself alone, I'm perfectly aware that I'm both speaker and listener and that there's no one else around. It's just a way to process thoughts and practice actual speech with people.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I don't/can't do it but recently I saw someone that could vibrate their eyes. That's pretty weird to see especially in person.
    I can do that, definitely freaks people out. I also used to be able to dislocate my thumbs at will, but I grew out of that in my lower teens (got harder until it wasn't possible, or at least hurt enough not to try).

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    We're all piloting meatbag starships. Awww yeah.
    Ultimately, this.

Though you are not the first to say it that way. Was this a quote or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    letting my hair grow

judging by the near endless bitching of people wanting me to cut it, that must be weird