Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I think engine has nothing to do with kinds of game. They are just tools right?
    Yes but if said tool was develop specifically for Overwatch, it means it's probably very efficient for FPS but a lot less for anything else.
    For example, Overwatch tool probably sucks if you want to include Open World maps, Inventories, Cities with NPCs or whatever dungeon/raid with advanced AI.

“like Battlefield in the StarCraft universe”

eh. i don't like pvp shooters.

i mean, if it had a good singleplayer campaign and stuff, then i guess it'd have been ok.

but honestly, work on D4 sounds a lot more important. also, overwatch 2 having pve? yeah, that piques my interest a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

now, if this was talking about the cancellation of a starcraft mmo, i'd be majorly butthurt.

i'd love to play a game that's exactly wow in gameplay, but starcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Games are cancelled by everyone all the time. It's just they're either announced then cancelled. Or more likely never mentioned than cancelled. For every game released at least 2 or 3 are cancelled without anyone knowing about them.
    I don't think games are outright dropped/cancelled by big name companies that often as that is a pure loss but they are remade often during the development process like overwatch. I'm pretty sure games are usually cancelled due to budget constraints and that doesn't really make sense for Blizzard. Instead of hiring new talent or even leaving a skeleton crew, or putting the game on backburner, they rather cancel another sc project lol.

An fps being cancelled no one cares but it's still weird

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    After watching them mangle Overwatch with awful patches and WoW-style bullshit I don't think I want any more.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was like "dude a bit behind the news, SC:Ghost was cancelled 15 years ago."

Ehh Starcraft as an IP has never interested me enough to actually bother playing any of the games, and I'm more or less over playing multiplayer FPS regardless, so more devs on Diablo 4 is only positive imo.

That said, it would've been nice to actually see Dustin Browder in a prominent leading role again. His boundless enthusiasm always got me hyped for HotS panels at Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I can't imagine Overwatch 2 will work as anything but a large expansion to the main game. If they were to try and make it an actual sequel, I'm not sure many people would want to abandon all the progress they had made in the game. That's sort of what sets Overwatch and Fortnite apart from the other shooters, being able to keep what you earned.

It's difficult to muster disappoint for the cancellation of game that you only knew existed with said cancellation announcement. Plus, knowing how things with Ghost went, and how quick Blizzard is to abandon their franchises these days, it was likely going to be canceled sooner or later anyway.

That said, I care far more about the idea of playing a StarCraft game on the "ground level" than I do a Diablo sequel or anything Overwatch-related, unless it actually involves the permanent addition of PVE content to Overwatch.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Guys what if d4 is actually first person because the devs they moved to d4 and ow2 were working on an fps which means d4 could be like Skyrim which would be dope as af if it was online too

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The definition of insanity is doing things multiple times and expecting a better result. So here we are, almost 20 years since StarCraft Ghost was started, and we've yet to see a game that I think a lot of people do actually want. Also, fuck Overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Fuck... a FPS Starcraft was on my wishlist for a long time ever since the Starcraft Ghost stuff.

I would love to see how it was shaping up.

Imagine a destiny like shooter mmo in that super lore rich starcraft universe. It would be amazing. Wait don't imagine it anymore Bobby Kotick called. He says he wants Sheablo 3.5 and some new PVE fanfictions for Overwatch

10+ Year Old Account
    "Game company announces game sequel #2543"

Zzzz.

Well since all they've been doing for past year was throwing their esports out the window, maybe overwatch 2 being a pve game is not a bad thing. I would at least be interested in it if it's not just online arena shooter.

As for D4 I have no hopes really, even if it'll look ok. It'll lively be riddled and infected by premium currency and micro transactions and likely the worst thing possible skins for characters, so yeah... Not hopeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    battlefield theme is best fps style ever and blizz just canceled it in starcraft universe? future weapons and so on?...? unbelivable. where the hell this world is going to...

- - - Updated - - -

in favor of overwatch 2?! are u kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    It's difficult to muster disappoint for the cancellation of game that you only knew existed with said cancellation announcement. Plus, knowing how things with Ghost went, and how quick Blizzard is to abandon their franchises these days, it was likely going to be canceled sooner or later anyway.

That said, I care far more about the idea of playing a StarCraft game on the "ground level" than I do a Diablo sequel or anything Overwatch-related, unless it actually involves the permanent addition of PVE content to Overwatch.
    Wait? What franchise have they abandoned? So far any franchise they spawned they continue to support it.

I think you mean games, because there are some there they have "abandoned" although that's not really necessarily true either.

I just can't believe they announced the cancellation of a never-announced game, while "spoiling" two new entries, that's quite a fucked up move in terms of communication.

Now we're just expecting more and more from this Diablo IV and Overwatch 2, while it could have acted as a surprise (even though Diablo IV was kinda expected).

They are driving (drove) OW into the ground with their inaptitude, now they make a sequel of it? Sure the result will be nice

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Poor StarCraft just can't catch a break, eh.

I get why they cancelled it, still sucks to not see more done with that universe. My secret hope was always for a more MMO-oriented "World of StarCraft" kind of deal, but my guess is the dismal failures of Destiny and Anthem just told them to stay the hell away from MMO-like shooters.
    I'd absolutely love to see a Starcraft MMO.

iirc, there was a mod or custom Starcraft2 map or something where some fans made it function like an MMO (there were some pretty interesting trailers and gameplay clips), but I can't remember how far that got.

I don't know how excited about a Starcraft FPS I would've been. I'm picturing something that plays like Overwatch, and Overwatch doesn't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Your reaction is genuinely the best reason as to why they don't announce projects until they're 100% certain anymore. People overreact and act like spoiled and ungrateful little brats when things (that they never even had) are taken from them. Blizzard are far from alone on this, Rockstar worked on a "secret" project basically since, or even before for all I know, GTA V was released and it still took them years to announce that RDR2 was coming.
    Yikes the sycophants arrived, take a joke mate. And maybe they shouldn't advertise games as being ready for release and then just scrap them giving a middle finger to their whole fan base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Overwatch 2 already? Unless it's got PvE mode that gets support and is active all the time and not just during events, not terribly interested. I'm actually surprised that they're working on a sequel so soon.

Diablo 4...I'm still interested, but I'll wait to see what they reveal before being remotely hyped.

However this sounds like it woulda been rad as hell, and actually sounds a bit closer to what Titan was supposed to be in the early days. Bummer we'll never see it, I'd love a Planetside-esque games in the Starcraft universe, especially with PvE. (I'm a carebear, I know)
    Rumour on OW2 is that it's a PVE expansion, story mode, rather than a direct sequel.