Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    And this is EXACTLY why "crunch" is so bad at companies that are owned by Activision and EA. To appease whiny entitled little shits like you. You can't expect these overworked developers to produce quality content when they are being pressured. This constant rush to push out new stuff to please their consumers is why the game is in such a poor state.

Also, You are aware there are other games that you can play during a drought, right? Your life doesn't have to revolve around one game. Variety is the spice of life.

And take away much needed development time from the next expansion? People like you really don't have a clue, do you? e_e
    Man, the Eternal Palace armor aesthetics is a disaster..
    Just the generic orange fin on all armor types and wotlk quest reward vibe on aesthetics. Cloth armor rocks though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    "BFA has 8.1 and 8.1.5"

Content:

A small raid everyone forgot about, a questline with the night elves that feels incomplete, a warfront nobody's doing, Kul'tirans and Zandalari Allied Races, and possibly the only good raid in BFA so far. That's pretty much it.

8.2's content:

A small quest hub with a cool dungeon, and a bland looking Naga zone with a cool looking raid, Heroic warfronts (No one's gonna do em), new Islands (Again, no one's gonna do em), and more Alliance and Horde bullshit.

Now, let's compare that with Legion:

7.1's content: Trial of Valor (A fun small raid with replayability), Kharazhan (A mega dungeon with fun encounters and a cool final boss), the Nighthold, Suramar's questline, and so forth. All of which can be replayed and don't feel worthless later one because of the Legendaries, the AP, and the Warforged/Titanforged systems (The Warforged/Titanforged systems are still here in BFA, but are knocked down due to the Azerite cosmetics and shit).

8.2's content: The Tomb of Sargeras Raid, The Mage Tower quests (A challenging field where players can test their Classes might to take down powerful foes for amazing Artifact skins), and Class Mounts.

One of these might have less content than the other. However, one of these is more memorable, can be done over and over again and won't ever feel worthless, is fun, and provides a challenge to the players, as well as a clear goal for them to achieve.

And that's Legion's content. Remember this well, FelPlague. Quality > Quantity. It doesn't matter if one has more, if the content itself isn't fun.
    Nighthold was part of the launch.

It wasn't tied 7.1, it happened to go live after that yes but it was in game before that.
    It was actually the first real tier of the game that got pushed pretty far back.

I love Legion but let's not pretend and make things up just to smear BfA which has actual issues.

It's weird to complain that CoS is a "forgettable raid", while praising Trial of the Asset Recycling, I mean Valor.

Not even ToV was used as a pushing point for the patch it was in, Karazhan was the focus.

As for the Suramar quest, it was the insurrection section that was added which was only like, 4 major parts long.

Honestly confused why you're even trying to make 7.2 sound like it was impressive, The Broken Shore questline was considered a massive flop at the time it came out (wait a week to do some generic "do x y amount of times" again!), Tomb of Sargeras was a really lackluster raid after killing it several times, and also was extremely overtuned for a long time for mythic.

The only thing actually good to come out of it was the Mage Tower.

You're being extremely bias about this honestly and downplaying stuff from BfA while praising the exact same situation from Legion.

NeW WoRlD QeEeEeEeStS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah us spellcasters are obviously the superior classes, but those priests... pathetic cultists following their light and void like some moths to a flame. Shamans serve a bunch of rocks that can deem them unworthy whenever they plea, and druids... Buncha tree hugging vegans. Us mage and warlock are the really only worthy ones of praise, and is it not co-incidence both are the ones able to open portals across mass distance easily?
    I think not.
    so the taxi-masterrace... isnt.
    mages r just engineers, who couldnt afford the education... and locks, maybe Sargeras should have educated them properly to use a world shrinker, as this pocket version of taxi failed to summon him - but dont mind, i still got plenty of space in my toybox for a pocket lock. must be a bit uncomfortable though, traveling to clients target destination per pedes to then summon the client. but hey, in the end, u ll save enough pocket money to skip the (travel) content via engineering portals :D

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Nighthold was part of the launch.

It wasn't tied 7.1, it happened to go live after that yes but it was in game before that.
    It was actually the first real tier of the game that got pushed pretty far back.
    Nighthold was funnily tested BEFORE emerald nightmare which is super funny
    and yeah 7.2 was timegated over a ton of weeks
    1. do your follower recruit mission
    2. give me 2500 nethershards
    3. get 50 marks of sentinax killing stuff under sentinax
    4. complete 8 world quests
    5. kill 50 demons
    6. loot 3 chests
    7.kill 3 rare elite
    8. complete 3 legionfall follow missions
    9. slay 100 demons

so yeah 9 weeks to complete it and to get your class mount... and yeah... each week "kill some demons" it was horrid
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-06-09 at 08:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

who would want to experience content anyway with fucked up class gameplay like we have in bfa

Nighthold was funnily tested BEFORE emerald nightmare which is super funny
    Actually didn't even realize that haha, I tend to zone out the raid tests aside from knowing they're going on, don't really read when or who.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    who would want to experience content anyway with fucked up class gameplay like we have in bfa
    best gameplay is complaining on the forums, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much demotivation in the team could have to do with this. But i'm just speculating here.

My whole guild really feels the content drought by now. No one is logging in anymore besides raid times, and even then, after killing Uunat we just cba to kill him and BoD again and again, and instead of CoS just do legion transmog runs instead because it's more enjoyable. Lol. And it really is. But at some point soon we're gonna be decked out in all the pretty sets. What then..? I hope they can figure things out soon and release the next patch in time!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miena View Post
    I wonder how much demotivation in the team could have to do with this. But i'm just speculating here.

My whole guild really feels the content drought by now. No one is logging in anymore besides raid times, and even then, after killing Uunat we just cba to kill him and BoD again and again, and instead of CoS just do legion transmog runs instead because it's more enjoyable. Lol. And it really is. But at some point soon we're gonna be decked out in all the pretty sets. What then..? I hope they can figure things out soon and release the next patch in time!
    yeah we really need 8.2 while were not in a "drought" its just that CoS is not worth doing, there is content, but the gear and difficulty is not balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I wish they'd just end the expansion now like they did for WoD. I just want this shit to be over.
    That's actually how i feel right now too. I've been an early supporter of BFA; i didn't think it was as bad as everyone else. The only thing that really bothered me was the loot/gear system. Hated it immediately and still hate it; it's made getting gear completely unfun, which is insane for an rpg.

But now? I'm so sick of this xpac. It's horrible. I actually enjoyed WOD much more when i reflect back. BFA is for me the worst xpac no question. I have a friend who just came back to WOW after an 8 yr break and after 3 months he's so bored because he's ripped through all of the content that interests him (he doesn't do mythic raiding). My guild, which once had to bench like 10 people because we had too many people raiding, now has only 1-3 people on at a time.

If 8.2 isn't very good im likely gonna cash out my gold and unsub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    WOD much more when i reflect back..
    human memeory is horrible bad, we love to make things better then they really were.
    "back in my day someone just died once in awhile cracking their skull open and that was fine!"
    nah mate, that wasnt, your just remembering it MUCH better then it really was. as time passes our memeories corrupt, they change and become right out wrong, aswell as become better then they really were.
    nostalgia is a thing, while yes some things are good, other things really wernt that great, but you still have nostalgia for it.

i have nostalgia for ALL the stuff here, were those yogurt tube, juice drinks, "healthy snacks" micheal screaming and lunchables, youtube tutorials, and cereal straws really that good? fuck no they wernt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You miss the important point:

[B]In Legion Blizzard released too much content too early.

I thought this same thing. When legion was launched i thought there was actually too much content and it almost felt overwhelming. They easily could have spaced stuff out there.

They didnt even fix the AP problem on 50 that makes almost all content useless. This expansion is a fucking joke. I stayed with this game for 15 years and this is the first time I sm actually angry about that. Fuck BfA, fuck Blizzards design philosophy, fuck everything about this.

human memeory is horrible bad, we love to make things better then they really were.
    Yeah and sometimes it's pretty accurate.

Well i never hated WOD like others, i just didn't think it was their best xpac. Their gearing and raids were great imo. I was never part of the bitchfest patch after patch. Our guild was healthy and excited each new raid and we finished each raid just as the next one was releasing. nothing like this xpac.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Yeah and sometimes it's pretty accurate.

Well i never hated WOD like others, i just didn't think it was their best xpac. Their gearing and raids were great imo. I was never part of the bitchfest patch after patch. Our guild was healthy and excited each new raid and we finished each raid just as the next one was releasing. nothing like this xpac.
    "each" you mean the 2... only 1 of them a patch raid...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    They didnt even fix the AP problem on 50 that makes almost all content useless. This expansion is a fucking joke. I stayed with this game for 15 years and this is the first time I sm actually angry about that. Fuck BfA, fuck Blizzards design philosophy, fuck everything about this.
    cause why fix something when there is only a few days till the problem is gone?

sure, 2 it is. WOD still better than BFA imo. Not that anyone else needs to share that opinion; but it's how im feeling about BFA at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Ya i've been with the game since TBC and I've always thought people were more negative than they needed to be in pretty much all of wow's history. But man, it's tough to stay positive in this current xpac. It's a shitshow.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post

PVP Brawls don't matter, as Legion's done stuff with its pvp system as well in 8.1. new pvp brawls are definitely new content

Profession questlines are a Legion thing. are you kidding me? are you fucking kidding me? professions in legion sucked ass, the quests did too. BfA has introduced a much better system and cool new items for professions. Legions were absolutely rubbish

Xal'atath was 1 quest, and a similar thing happened with Odyn's questline with Helya. But here, it's not 1 quest, and you got an entire gold set as a reward.i mean if you're gonna lie at least lie well. was more than a few quests, similar in length to Odyn's questline

The Magni and Mother questline, again, is timegated and isn't that long. how the hell is Magni and Mother questline timegated? you could do it immediately

2 new Allied Races releasing in 8.1-8.1.5 doesn't actually matter here. Why? Because they were announced to be released during Launch, but got set back to fit with the overall "narrative". doesn't matter when they were announced, but when they were released

Island updates don't matter, as nobody does them are are worthless to almost everything else in game. pretty sure people still do Islands for AP unless they are maxed out

The War Campaign is like the Garrison and Class campaigns. Nothing new. except it is new.
    going off your other post you seem to have a very biased towards Legion view - each patch has had roughly the same amount of content, in fact I think BfA has possibly had more content and cool shit to do than Legion did. but since you like comparing I will do that for you (source is Wowpedia)

7.1 - Karazhan, Trial of Valor, Continuing Suramar Campaign, Helarjar world quests
    8.1 - Battle for Dazar'alor, Continuing War Campaign, Darkshore Warfront, Faction Assaults, New Islands, Dwarf and Blood Elf Heritage Armor, Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon

7.1.5 - MoP timewalking, Brawler's Guild, 3 new Micro Holidays
    8.1.5 - Zandalari/Kul Tiran Allied Races, Crucible of Storms raid, Continuing War Campaign, WoD timewalking, Brawler's Guild with murder mystery questline, more Micro Holidays, new Children's week updates for BfA, DMF Rollercoaster, Tools of the Trade profession questlines, new PvP Brawl and the 2 (or 3 if you want to include Wintergrasp) remastered/updated BG's

7.2 - Broken Shore Zone (complete with timegated quests), Tomb of Sargaeras raid, Cathedral dungeon, Mage Tower, Continuing Class Hall + Artifact quests, Class Mounts, Flying, Legion Invasions
    8.2 - Nazjatar & Mechagon Zones (no timegated shit at all), Eternal Palace raid, Mechagon dungeon, Tauren/Gnome heritage armor, new Islands, heroic warfronts, Flying, Mount Equipment, Robodrome Arena

I mean looks like BfA wins there...... Legion has one extra dungeon by the end of the .2 patches but that is outweighed by all the other shit. 7.1.5 for Legion was exceptionally light while 8.1.5 in BfA gave us a lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

cause why fix something when there is only a few days till the problem is gone?
    i usually agree with you but yeah nothing past 50 annoys me. and it's not just a few days, my neck has been at 50 for close to a month and the patch is still a month away
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2019-06-10 at 01:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    i usually agree with you but yeah nothing past 50 annoys me. and it's not just a few days, my neck has been at 50 for close to a month and the patch is still a month away
    oh it annoys me too, i have been 50 for OVER a month, and have 18 caches waiting for 8.2

but i rather them not make it give gold or something, cause then people will metagame ways to get azerite like islands and then find for sure some super OP way to farm gold.

and with 8.2 literally any day now, i really dont mind too much.
    (7.2 was announced 5 days before its launch, 7.3 6 days. so 8.2 could be announced any day now literally)

wow alright your extreme fucking bias and right out lying here has very quickly made me lose every single bit of respect i had for you mate.
    "a small quest hub" bigger of a quest hub then 7.2 gave us.

and seriously your saying mechagon and nazjatar are worse then 7.2's 11 weeks of time gating?

8.1 and 8.1.5
    war campaign for both factions
    incursions
    new world quests
    charecter storyline
    dwarf and blood elf heritage armor
    warfront
    warfront quest lines
    new islands and island update
    new big raid, new small raid
    system improvements and azerite updates
    new pet battle dungeon
    new war campaign AGAIN
    kultiran and znadlari
    before the storm questline
    xalanath quest line
    magni and mother quest
    hati sacrifice
    darkmoon update
    warlords timewalking
    brawlers guild updater
    childrens week update
    new profession questlines
    micro holidays
    arathi basin and warsong gulch remaster
    new pvp brawl
    wintergrasp bg
    new portal rooms
    new world quests

alot more then you tried to pretend.
    You go Girl! I'm in love with your sass!