Poll: Will you be waiting, or playing?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    ill be playing day 1 but as a priest tagging mobs is pretty shitty especially when people snipe my mobs before SWP hits or i have to cast smite. Will probably just grind out to level 4 as fast as possible and then leave deathknell and grind human farmers and scarlet crusaders to 10
    Get a wand asap. Im also going to be a priest and thats my go to.

Day 1 for me will be setting up character names, alts, getting bank alt into position.
    Setting up mods, keybinds, setting up UI. Then finally running off to get skinning, fishing, first aid, cooking and whatever 2nd prof.
    I assume it will be done in amongst constant server dc's etc but meh I'd rather do it all asap.
    Edit: Maybe enchanting too, to sell all those lowbie wands!
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Get a wand asap. Im also going to be a priest and thats my go to.
    for sure gonna go wand spec right out of the gate

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's possible I'll start on launch day, but don't know yet if I'll have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Same; playing from the start but taking my time.
    There wont be any way not taking your time. You will be lucky if you hit lv 5 after 5 hours. No mob tagging no dynamic respawns - you can see that shit on the beta whenever a new wave of invites goes out. People are griefing like crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    i´ll play as much as I can, got my normal working hours. so hopefully i can squeeze in the first few levels to start with atleast.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    unless by some miracle they allow for dynamic respawn for levels 1-10... i'm skipping the first couple days. for sure.

You need to play if for no other reason than deciding on a server!

Playing day 1 all the way. With the sharding or whatever they plan on doing the first couple of weeks I don't really think it will be that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    As with every new drop of content, there comes the question of what you do during Day 1. No doubt it will be swarming with hundreds, if not thousands if players all scrambling around trying to desperately tag as many mobs as they can, fighting each other for dominance and spending hours on a single quest simply because there aren't enough mobs to go around. Without the conveniences of modern WoW helping streamline this process and allow for release to be much more stress free and enjoyable, how many of you will just opt out of going day 1 and waiting until the hype dies down in order to have a less chaotic experience? Or, like some people, do you enjoy that chaotic mess that is opening day, frantically running around with everyone else in a massive army, quickly driving the local wildlife to extinction for that sweet, sweet experience.

I am not certain how they'll handle Day 1, and if someone would like to take the time to let me and everyone else who might not know how Blizzard will be handling Day 1 of Classic WoW, feel free to post it. Otherwise, I'd like to hear your opinions!

Will you be joining the crowds of people on launch day of Classic, or will you be waiting patiently? And how long will you be waiting, if you are?

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, I will be waiting at least a week after Classic releases.
    I would say wait, or play the least popular race/zone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    There wont be any way not taking your time. You will be lucky if you hit lv 5 after 5 hours. No mob tagging no dynamic respawns - you can see that shit on the beta whenever a new wave of invites goes out. People are griefing like crazy.
    How are they griefing like crazy. Specific examples please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    How are they griefing like crazy. Specific examples please.
    They see you casting a fb on a mob, then they instantly throw a dagger at it. Just one example.

ya gotta push it to the limit

Day 1, if you went to the stress test you'll realize with the sharding it won't be that bad

10+ Year Old Account
    If you'd ask me this question before BfA - i'd say wait. But after seeing BfA launch day it's quite safe to start on day one, to disgust of #nochange people i guess

- - - Updated - - -

They see you casting a fb on a mob, then they instantly throw a dagger at it. Just one example.
    Run in and tag mob in melee then. Tagging a mob before someone else is not griefing

- - - Updated - - -

You will be lucky if you hit lv 5 after 5 hours. No mob tagging no dynamic respawns - you can see that shit on the beta whenever a new wave of invites goes out.
    If you sit and wait on contested mob spawns - sure it'll take 5 hours. Just go and grind your way until people are done with their quests, or do other quests.

On a stress test there was so many players obsessed with ice paw bear quests, groups of players were reeeeing at each others for those bears, instead of... i don't know, maybe occupying the troll cave and grinding the shit out of it for easy cloth and money? It's just retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'd say it all depends on how many players will the layering tech allow per zone.
    But overal I think if you do quests in a party then the mob taging wont be an issue.

That is not griefing. That is tagging a mob so you get it. I do it all the time with multiple mobs and using dagger throw isn't instant. There are a lot of quicker ways to tag a mob. I have had this done to me and the fireball has gone off. I just run away until it loses the leash and then it resets. No big deal.

How about an example that actually is griefing and don't be all millenial about it. Remember, if you disagree with what someone says, it doesn't mean they are trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Remember, if you disagree with what someone says, it doesn't mean they are trolling.
    You must be trolling right now m8

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bublex View Post
    I'd say it all depends on how many players will the layering tech allow per zone.
    But overal I think if you do quests in a party then the mob taging wont be an issue.
    Yes, but doing quests in a party has significant disadvantage - gather quests are PITA to do (group loot simply sucks in this case - you know that all 5 of you need 8 board livers, you kill 4 boards and a dust devil - now you get to loot a dust devil and lose your chance to get a liver). You still get some exp from grinding, and you can roflstomp anything in your way, so it's a slow and steady source of experience, but doing things alone usually trumps leveling as a group (as long as there is no or limited competition)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Playing day 1 of any new content is a highlight for me.

It launches at midnight here in the EU. I'm going to be tactical and skip the launch in favor of a good nights sleep, get up early to (hopefully) an empty starting zone and go for it.