Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Always do manually update. Windows 10 auto drivers mostly work but not always up to date and some times can cause hardware issues even if they tell you theirs is the best driver.

Make sure you've done the GPU updates,

You say the games crash, is it every single time you play a game? and how fast into the game is it crashing?
    Keep HWInfo64 open in the background, it will track temperatures and such whilst you're gaming, when the game crashes go back into HWinfo64 and see what the "Core temperatures" max value has been at.
    Also check the GPU temperature.

Although if you're passing AIDA in the 70's i assume gaming would be fine temp wise.

You also said there are no error messages, Does this mean you've checked "Event Viewer"?
    After a crash you can check event viewer which is a windows administrator tool and it should have *something* about the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Make sure you've done the GPU updates,

You say the games crash, is it every single time you play a game? and how fast into the game is it crashing?
    Keep HWInfo64 open in the background, it will track temperatures and such whilst you're gaming, when the game crashes go back into HWinfo64 and see what the "Core temperatures" max value has been at.
    Also check the GPU temperature.

Although if you're passing AIDA in the 70's i assume gaming would be fine temp wise.

You also said there are no error messages, Does this mean you've checked "Event Viewer"?
    After a crash you can check event viewer which is a windows administrator tool and it should have *something* about the crash.
    So when I mean without an error message. When WoW closes, I get error 132 pop up, and I’ve already followed the steps Blizzard had advised on their page. If I’m playing another game, such as Warhammer Total War, Resident Evil, then the game just closes itself to windows. I hadn’t checked event viewer, as I wasn’t even aware of it being a thing. As for how fast and every time, it varies. Most the time, I do “quit” the game, because it’s crashed on me, but sometimes it can be a couple of hours before it does so. Other times, I was logging into Boralus, taking 2 steps before being booted off, and was like that every time for half an hour..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    First thing you need to do is to figure out what hardware you have. That means;
    - Motherboard name\brand\model
    - GFX card
    My Motherboard model is a MS-7751 - I had a look for BIOS for that, came up with
    MSI Z77 MPOWER
    MSI Z77A-GD55
    MSI Z77A-GD65
    MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING

Graphics card is MSI GTX 970 Gaming (MS-V316)
    Last edited by Phoenixphire; 2019-06-10 at 08:14 PM.

Stilll having this issue. When I recieved an error message for WoW Closing (Error 132), Temps were fine - coming in to around 40-60

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixphire View Post
    Stilll having this issue. When I recieved an error message for WoW Closing (Error 132), Temps were fine - coming in to around 40-60
    I am going to assume that "Temps are fine" is all temps, your video card included?

On your MB model, if you open the case somewhere around the cpu socket, usually under the pcie slot is the model number, you may have to pull your gpu to see it.

I don't think your bios is the cause though. It doesn't hurt to update it but I don't think that's the issue. I think its hardware related.

Do you have another video card you could try?

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I am going to assume that "Temps are fine" is all temps, your video card included?

On your MB model, if you open the case somewhere around the cpu socket, usually under the pcie slot is the model number, you may have to pull your gpu to see it.

I don't think your bios is the cause though. It doesn't hurt to update it but I don't think that's the issue. I think its hardware related.

Do you have another video card you could try?
    As far as I could see, no temps on anything went over 60 - Most were around 56.
    HWiNFO is showing 36 Windows Hardware errors - but can't find a way to see what those issues actually are.

As for the spare video card, I've got nothing readily available.

15+ Year Old Account
    HWiNFO is showing 36 Windows Hardware errors - but can't find a way to see what those issues actually are.
    Thats weird.

Run a dxdiag and see what it says.

Go to search, type dxdiag and run it.

Thats weird.

Run a dxdiag and see what it says.

Go to search, type dxdiag and run it.
    Dxdiag again showed no errors for anything, however I did have a new crash which rebooted my entire computer - which is something I've not had before, and WhoCrashed came up with this:-

On Sun 16/06/2019 19:23:40 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061619-97890-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BC8A0)
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFBA88F4CA14C0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you by chance install driver update software?

Did you by chance install driver update software?
    My computer came with a driver update software, but not updated drivers from there since asking on here, as it said I was up to date.
    Everything I've downloaded since the issues started, were the Aidas, HWinfo, and Whocrashed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would start with downloading a free antivirus and running it.

I would start with downloading a free antivirus and running it.
    Done. Scan complete.
    It crashed midway through -

On Mon 17/06/2019 19:50:13 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061719-100593-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BC8A0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x4A (0x7FFB09FDE854, 0x1, 0x0, 0xFFFF9989432CFB80)
    Error: IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

But upon restarting, and completing the virus scan showed no threats detected.

Hello.

Sounds like a faulty hard drive - Can you try to run a CHKDSK on your drives and tell us the results ?

To run the check disk utility from Computer (My Computer), follow these steps:

Boot into Windows 10
    Double-click on Computer (My Computer) to open it
    Select the drive you want to run a check on, e.g. C:\
    Right-click on the drive
    Click Properties
    Go to the Tools tab
    Select Check, at the Error checking section
    If you receive the following message, click Scan drive to begin the scan:
    You don't need to scan this drive

We haven't found any errors on this drive. You can still scan the drive for errors if you want.

Scan Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Chandoes View Post
    Hello.

Sounds like a faulty hard drive - Can you try to run a CHKDSK on your drives and tell us the results ?

To run the check disk utility from Computer (My Computer), follow these steps:

Boot into Windows 10
    Double-click on Computer (My Computer) to open it
    Select the drive you want to run a check on, e.g. C:\
    Right-click on the drive
    Click Properties
    Go to the Tools tab
    Select Check, at the Error checking section
    If you receive the following message, click Scan drive to begin the scan:
    You don't need to scan this drive

We haven't found any errors on this drive. You can still scan the drive for errors if you want.

Scan Drive
    I feel esteemed to be your first post on the forums! Alas, I scanned my SSD(C, Documents (E, Media (F and System Reserve (G all came back clear of errors.

Does it go to Bluescreen when the crashes appear ?

Sounds like we will need to go through Event viewer to get the exact errors that happens when the problem appears.

Type event in the search box on taskbar and choose View event logs in the result - After that expand "Windows Logs" and focus on the following:

Application
    System

now scroll down in each to the timeframe where you scanned your computer and experienced a crash - Do you see any "Critical" or "Errors" at that time ?
    They can be a little cryptic but can points us in the right direction of the problem.

you can rightclick on one of the entries and choose "copy" -> "copy information as text" and then you can CTRL - V it here (I would go through the logs you paste though and remove entries like "User" and "Computer" information. We dont really need that, and why expose such information to the internet anyway ^^)

Does it go to Bluescreen when the crashes appear ?

Sounds like we will need to go through Event viewer to get the exact errors that happens when the problem appears.

Type event in the search box on taskbar and choose View event logs in the result - After that expand "Windows Logs" and focus on the following:

Application
    System

now scroll down in each to the timeframe where you scanned your computer and experienced a crash - Do you see any "Critical" or "Errors" at that time ?
    They can be a little cryptic but can points us in the right direction of the problem.

you can rightclick on one of the entries and choose "copy" -> "copy information as text" and then you can CTRL - V it here (I would go through the logs you paste though and remove entries like "User" and "Computer" information. We dont really need that, and why expose such information to the internet anyway ^^)
    I've had a few blue screen crashes, but they have been happening as I've been trying to troubleshoot. The "crashes" from the games, are literally Error 132 from WoW, and just closing down to windows for other games.

Having a look through that event viewer thing, there are a few Errors popping up - you are right. They are cryptic!

There's a fair few - I'm concerned on spamming it all on here
    Last edited by Phoenixphire; 2019-06-17 at 08:42 PM.

I've had a few blue screen crashes, but they have been happening as I've been trying to troubleshoot. The "crashes" from the games, are literally Error 132 from WoW, and just closing down to windows for other games.
    We can atleast exlude a "World Of Warcraft only" problem since you experience it in other games aswell, and when you troubleshoot.
    And the "Error 132" point us over to a "Access Violation Error" which means that either a temporary file, or a location in your memory could not be read.

You can choose to just copy the message from the "General" field of the events if it is, it should not be that long.
    You can pick 1-2 of the closest to your crash, then we will take it from there.

We can atleast exlude a "World Of Warcraft only" problem since you experience it in other games aswell, and when you troubleshoot.
    And the "Error 132" point us over to a "Access Violation Error" which means that either a temporary file, or a location in your memory could not be read.

You can choose to just copy the message from the "General" field of the events if it is, it should not be that long.
    You can pick 1-2 of the closest to your crash, then we will take it from there.
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 17/06/2019 19:51:40
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer:
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-06-17T18:51:40.628728700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>431</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer></Computer>
    <Security UserID="" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">74</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x7ffb09fde854</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x1</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xffff9989432cfb80</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

That's the Critical that occurred 1 minute after my crash. Otherwise there were no errors or anything within the last 15 minutes or so before hand

Hmm thats the log telling us that the system went down - You could look through the application log, and see if any events appear when your games crash.

I just went through the previous posts, and noticed that in your AIDA test, the option "Stress local disks" was not selected, could you try to run it against your disks aswell ?(just to be sure)

Had the same problem and couldn't figure out what it was for a long time. Figures out it's the shitty nvidia drivers fucking everything up in directx (vulkan and opengl working fine).

You will need a DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) program to uninstall the driver cleanly and install the new one.
    Don't forget to download the new driver before you uninstall the previous one.
    VERY IMPORTANT do a safe mode uninstall in DDU config (you will find it easily, it's recommended even IIRC)
    DO NOT install geforce experience software. Literal malware.
    Please pm me if it helps, I would be glad to hear.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2019-06-17 at 09:30 PM.