Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think casually saying bad words a handful of times in private online conversations should disqualify anyone from anything, I say this as a hard lefty.

Butttttttt, context matters. Calling for the killing of jews, for example, is not just random online shitposting. That carrying consequences makes sense.

As usual, its a spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I say we investigate the background and childhood messages of everyone in Harvard's administration.

And MMOC posters.
    I'm sure they're shaking in their boots at the prospect. Hell, I know I felt a yellow streak go down my spine when you, Darkeon, alluded to my childhood messages on a computer I didn't own being discovered. How will I now get into an Ivy League School I never had the grades to get into in the first place to attain a degree I already got at a less prestigious school for a fraction of the price to get a job of comparable wage.

How will I!? For fuck's sake, how--SOMEBODY TELL ME, I MUST KNOW!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never met a Kyle that wasn't shit.

Grifter on grifter fights is what I LIVE FOR in the world of politics.

Tweet from May 23 showing how several prominent right-wing grifters were going after Kashuv for his text messages. One even calling on her followers to harass Harvard to get his admission rescinded. https://twitter.com/willsommer/statu...45806832955392

Cernovich and the Wohls vs Shapiro and Kirk is fucking hilarious though. I don't care to dive into why they hate each other, but maybe someone will summarize the rivalry one day and it will be all the LOLs.

I see the right, never letting an opportunity to cry they are the victims for being conservative, is using this event to cry victim again. Predictable, but sad. I just can't believe regular conservatives put up with this shit unless they too truly believe they are victims for their political beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    the bribing to get kids into school was California schools... not Harvard.
    I stand corrected, the parents involved were harvard alumni and they bribed members of the faculty of Yale and Standford among others - which just so happen to be part of ivy league and have the same exact issues as Harvard does as far as being old boys club, so the explanation still applies.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2...investigation/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    One even calling on her followers to harass Harvard to get his admission rescinded.
    Just to take issue with that phrasing, rather than your overall point; what was going on there was just publicly-expressed opinion, exactly what freedom of speech is meant to protect and support and encourage. It was not, in any respect, "harassment".

lmfao, welcome to the real world where actions have consequences. Harvard can deny whoever they want.

The way Harvard works is that they'll do anything they want, whatever the reason is on the surface may or may not be the real reason. Back in my earlier years, I was given offers to a bunch of elite schools, Harvard included, since I was the poster child of a poor, inner-city disadvantaged kid who did extremely well at academics and was college-ready several years before your average student... basically, their main goal is optics and money. In the end I turned them down, because it was painfully obvious how conceited and superficial they were with my interactions with their administration, and exactly because of my background those types are a real turn-off and are not trustworthy. In my eyes, they acted in a very similar fashion to the leadership in the gangs where I had come from (sans the violence): they're just using you for their own ends and probably don't give a damn about you as an individual. Maybe it was showing my naivete at that time for not sucking it up and just attending there, but I honestly don't regret it at all, although having multiple offers to different schools made the choice much easier.

While this was decades ago, I haven't seen much that would cause me to change my view of them... if anything, they're probably worse from the news that comes out of that place. Obviously, not every single individual at the institution is/was like that, but there was a pervasive mentality and atmosphere of an elitist crowd when it comes to a swath of the students and faculty. To that end, as long as you're connected and fit their stereotype, you could do anything you want w/o repercussion. In the specific case of this news story, I can 100% guarantee there are students at Harvard who are known to the school and behave at the same level or much worse than what's getting this kid kicked out, which is why I can pretty much guarantee that his comments/behavior while gaming is at best a secondary reason for having his acceptance revoke.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Harvard is a private university. They can accept and reject whoever they want. I fail to see the issue.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    connections. connections and the kind of perception harvard degree in anything creates. it opens doors. Ivy league schools in general do. is it fair? no. but its what we are working with now. why do you think so many non white people try to go to ivy league schools, including harvard, why do you think those rich people bribed the way for their mediocre kids to go to that school? connections. networking.
    You're going to have good connections going to any relevant school. In fact your connections are likely larger at good public schools like UCLA, UCBerk, Michigan etc because they are still elite schools and the alumni net is much larger.

You go to ivy league for the prestige, not "connections" which you will get at any good school, ivy or not.

it's sad but understandable. Just be aware of anything you post online, even if you are joking any company could dig something up from over 10 years ago as an example and use it to discredit you from getting anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I stand corrected, the parents involved were harvard alumni and they bribed members of the faculty of Yale and Standford among others - which just so happen to be part of ivy league and have the same exact issues as Harvard does as far as being old boys club, so the explanation still applies.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2...investigation/
    Stanford is not ivy league.

Also private schools can take whoever the hell they want, if you want your kid at Harvard fund them a new research building and your kid will be at Harvard you don't need to pay for fake test scores to do so. Just don't do it if your kid is actually an idiot because it will just be a waste of money when they flunk out of school.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-06-18 at 04:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    Grifter on grifter fights is what I LIVE FOR in the world of politics.

Cernovich and the Wohls vs Shapiro and Kirk is fucking hilarious though. I don't care to dive into why they hate each other, but maybe someone will summarize the rivalry one day and it will be all the LOLs.
    Whoa, which of those makes the first appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience? Or maybe all of them together on Bill Maher with another guest appearance from Bari Weiss. The amount of smug would be epic.

But turning on themselves is always the endgame of any Reactionary ideology.

Is this the same Harvard that openly discriminates against Asians? That's a bit rich

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Yeah, thirty years ago. Not sure conservative thinking really survives freshmen year in any college these days.
    Any? Maybe not at "elite" universities but things like BYU and plenty of southern Universities still exist. How many liberals do you think there are attending all these religious schools in the south? lmao.

It's also just not a thing about being elite either, it just happens that most of the elite schools in the US are in the NE or west coast which are both heavy left leaning areas. For example if Stanford and Samford switched locations and nothing else I'm pretty sure Stanford would instantly become a conservative school and Samford a liberal one lol...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-06-18 at 05:07 AM.

Weird how reich wingers are triggered over this racist kid facing consequences but yawned when the cops nearly killed the black family, who got insanely lucky they weren't legally murdered, over a dollar store doll. What could be the difference here? Hmm....
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm still trying to find out what the hateful memes were
    https://thetab.com/us/2017/06/05/har...escinded-69413

I laughed. I'm so glad we didn't have social media when I was a kid, I've said some dumb stuff and 100% meant it that shames me today.

It's sure interesting how conservatives are so upset about people facing consequences for saying "nigger" huh?

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

This is wrong, he clearly denounced those statements and feels bad about them, i mean i guess harvard can do what they want since they are privately funded,

but u know what would really own these PC libs, is if we supported public funding of all educational institutes meaning they all had to follow Department of education guidelines, that would really own them!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm still trying to find out what the hateful memes were
    Maybe an 'autistic screeching' meme, or a country-ball one. Or, more likely, a couple of Pepe ones that people are still trying to propagate as a hate symbol.