Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

My World of Warcraft Wishlist

My ideal World of Warcraft is one where loot matters, where you CAN hit a maximum temporary gear wall and where the content is more ubiquitous (I will explain in greater detail what I mean by that later on in the post.)

My wish list (in no particular order):

1. You should be able to 'complete' your character within a given patch, i.e no random modifiers, no titan-forging, there is BiS and once you've achieved it you're golden until the next patch.

2. Enough of this elitism/noobism, I miss when there was one raid difficulty and that difficulty was not too hard but not too easy. Think vanilla nax difficulty or possibly a bit harder then that.

3. Economics matter in an online game, I want economy to matter again and not just with WoW tokens. I want to see crafting systems where the gear crafted can be used as crutches to enter a 'current tier' raid, that way the economy strives and all of these catch-up mechanics can rightfully disappear from the game.

4. I don't want raid tier class set armour, I always thought it was quite boring and uninspiring, what I would rather see is tiered sets that are not class specific and can bring utility in many ways, for instance allowing a player to mix and match tier sets as they wish.

5. Blizzard please just add resistance back to the game, it was a system that clearly worked and allowed PvPers to have a distinct advantage in PvP (as they should). I want to see PvPers being able to get there BiS PvP armour purely through PvP.

6. Guilds feel weak right now, I think guilds should implement economic systems once again, allow guild masters to set a guild tax.. etc, this would essentially give guilds a more economical and governmental feel, which could greatly improve the RPG aspect of the game.

7. Get rid of all time gated progress mechanics i.e Heart of Azeroth.. etc, instead replace it with a token system where the player accomplishes certain tasks, whether it be clearing a dungeon or raid.. etc and this system allows the player to accumulate enough tokens to purchase cool cosmetics, which can be an assortment of purely cosmetic armour, weapons and mounts. If the cosmetics are cool enough, I believe people would enjoy grinding for those cosmetics a lot more then they would grinding azerite and barely noticing a difference in their players performance.

8. Less pruned classes, what I would like to see is the return of some iconic abilities to classes. No need to go deep here, many other posters have beaten this topic into the ground.

9. I want to see trinkets matter again, and I mean really matter. Think back to vanilla and how a trinket from questing could be viable during certain circumstances when you're max level. This added a lot of flavour to the game.

Anyways guys im sure I could add more, let me know what you all think and feel free to add your own ideas!
    Last edited by Tom007p; 2019-06-20 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    My ideal World of Warcraft is one where loot matters, where you CAN hit a maximum temporary gear wall and where the content is more ubiquitous (I will explain in greater detail what I mean by that later on in the post.)

1. You should be able to 'complete' your character within a given patch, i.e no random modifiers, no titan-forging, there is BiS and once you've achieved it you're golden until the next patch.

2. Enough of this elitism/noobism, I miss when there was one raid difficulty and that difficulty was not too hard but not too easy. Think vanilla nax difficulty or possibly a bit harder then that.
    So just to be clear - you want to be able to complete your characters gear for a patch, but you only want less than 1% of players to actually be able to do it? You think something less than 1% of players completed is the sweet spot for difficulty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear - you want to be able to complete your characters gear for a patch, but you only want less than 1% of players to actually be able to do it? You think something less than 1% of players completed is the sweet spot for difficulty?
    Well to be completely fair, the reason vanilla nax completion rate was like that was due to when it was released. The BC expansion was just around the corner, most guilds just didn't bother clearing it. The actual difficulty of nax wasn't all that high once you factor in that there is no resilience thresholds in the game anymore or a lot of other things. I also believe its completely fine to create content that not everybody can do. This adds an element of societal status to the game, however I believe the majority of people should be able to complete the content, given they put sufficient effort in. I believe the one difficulty mode should be somewhere between current heroic and mythic difficulty, while siding closer to heroic then mythic.
    Last edited by Tom007p; 2019-06-20 at 11:34 PM.

"Mythic raiding is too hard for me, and so I want EVERYONE to raid at the difficulty setting that *I* like. All the other difficulties that other people like but I don't should just go away."

Yeah seems entirely reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    revert all the terrible changes made in the last three expansions. that is all. except for personal loot keep that. and bringing back my waifu alleria windrunner.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-06-21 at 01:47 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Well to be completely fair, the reason vanilla nax completion rate was like that was due to when it was released. The BC expansion was just around the corner, most guilds just didn't bother clearing it. The actual difficulty of nax wasn't all that high once you factor in that there is no resilience thresholds in the game anymore or a lot of other things. I also believe its completely fine to create content that not everybody can do. This adds an element of societal status to the game, however I believe the majority of people should be able to complete the content, given they put sufficient effort in. I believe the one difficulty mode should be somewhere between current heroic and mythic difficulty, while siding closer to heroic then mythic.
    So you want to eliminate mythic raiding? Because the race for world first would be over in a few hours. You would kill the game with this change, it would be dead. More raiders complete LFR, Normal, and MAYBE dabble in heroic Vs the others, and not by a small margin - it would be 100x more players, or even higher.

What i hear is "i wish mythic was a bit easier, because that would perfectly suit me!" without a thought for the overwhelming majority of players who would no longer raid? I get that its YOUR wish list, but my wish list would include things good for the overall health of the game. Because the healthier the game is, the more investment Blizzard will put into the game.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-06-20 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "Mythic raiding is too hard for me, and so I want EVERYONE to raid at the difficulty setting that *I* like. All the other difficulties that other people like but I don't should just go away."

Yeah seems entirely reasonable.
    That was not what I was going for, with one difficulty things are more streamlined, less dev resources are wasted on content that barely anyone experiences, and I would wager it leaves a lot more people satisfied. I also believe raids should have a linear scale approach in how they're set up, i.e first boss is easy, last boss is a challenge, this would keep the world first race still relevant.
    Last edited by Tom007p; 2019-06-20 at 11:45 PM.

Interesting wish list, wouldn't be on mine, a lot of those don't sound all that fun. Agree with parts of number seven, would love to play the game at my speed and not their gated stuff the deem best..

Rukhmar and Blackhand mount. Red scythe from M.Ant. Recently got tusks of manny after 60 some odd tries.*almost all on heroic..few mythic tries*

The two mech mounts from mechagon that will never drop. *but i also said that about the tusks...and got them*
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2019-07-04 at 12:36 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Just to squash this myth. TBC launched 7 months after Naxx 40. There were plenty of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    revert all the terrible changes made in the last three expansions. that is all. except for personal loot keep that.
    An of course we all can agree on what those are I bet.

3. Economics matter in an online game, I want economy to matter again and not just with WoW tokens. I want to see crafting systems where the gear crafted can be used as crutches to enter a 'current tier' raid, that way the economy strives and all of these catch-up mechanics can rightfully disappear from the game.

4. I don't want raid tier class set armour, I always thought it was quite boring and uninspiring, what I would rather see is tiered sets that are not class specific and can bring utility in many ways, for instance allowing a player to mix and match tier sets as they wish.

5. Blizzard please just add resistance back to the game, it was a system that clearly worked and allowed PvPers to have a distinct advantage in PvP (as they should). I want to see PvPers being able to get there BiS PvP armour purely through PvP.

6. Guilds feel weak right now, I think guilds should implement economic systems once again, allow guild masters to set a guild tax.. etc, this would essentially give guilds a more economical and governmental feel, which could greatly improve the RPG aspect of the game.

7. Get rid of all time gated progress mechanics i.e Heart of Azeroth.. etc, instead replace it with a token system where the player accomplishes certain tasks, whether it be clearing a dungeon or raid.. etc and this system allows the player to accumulate enough tokens to purchase cool cosmetics, which can be an assortment of purely cosmetic armour, weapons and mounts. If the cosmetics are cool enough, I believe people would enjoy grinding for those cosmetics a lot more then they would grinding azerite and barely noticing a difference in their players performance.

8. Less pruned classes, what I would like to see is the return of some iconic abilities to classes. No need to go deep here, many other posters have beaten this topic into the ground.

9. I want to see trinkets matter again, and I mean really matter. Think back to vanilla and how a trinket from questing could be viable during certain circumstances when you're max level. This added a lot of flavour to the game.

Anyways guys im sure I could add more, let me know what you all think and feel free to add your own ideas!
    Bruh, Naxx40 was hard as fuck when it was released. It crushed some guilds' raid teams. It's a shame that they couldn't really progress it any more because TBC was released almost literally the next week (exaggeration but I know it was damn close).

Uh, class sets from dungeons/raids: As long as they don't make classes look like idiotic peacocks I don't mind them. I'll always love my Dungeon 0.5/1 sets on my rogue.

Trinkets: they're kinda valuable now, just not to the extent where it's a thing you gotta have when you raid. They made that change...err...eeesh I wanna say during Wrath, maybe after.

More buttons for classes: I'll always miss my Riposte talent for my Combat Rogue. Utterly killer in PvP. I agree classes need to stop being cookie cutter and allowed more choices, not just 3 choices in a talent row, etc.

Get rid of time gates: Yes and no. I'd say bring back attunements. Attune your toon, not all alts but just the 1 toon, to Onyxia, UBRS, (TBC) HFC, Kara, etc. Bring those types of attunements back as a natural time gate vs an actual "gotta wait until next week/net patch to complete this".

Guilds: meh, they're kinda going the way of the dodo. By that I mean it's more for camaraderie and chat (social aspects) than anything else. It's a quick meet up for raid teams/pvp teams. If they're gonna keep guilds around make them, like you said, mean something like more experience from dungeons, more epix from raaids, etc.

Economy/crafted gear: you're never gonna get anyone on your side for this. By the time you have the mats and make the gear, it's already outdated and replaced by a heroic dungeon/raid/pvp drop. Economy thrives during the life of the expansion due to fuckers gathering mining/herbs/leather/cloth almost religiously. Then they mark that shit up and idiots (read: me) buy it cuz they're too bothered to harvest it themselves. /shrug

Not sure what you mean by "complete your character" in one patch. That's...kinda what we do now. We gear ourselves up during one raid tier patch/pvp season and "we're done" until the next patch and do it all over again. Me, personally, I don't do that sheeple shit every patch. I wait until flying is released and we're on the last patch to gear up as high as I can for the coming expansion.

Well, nice list and yeah more could be added but I figured I'd respond as a beta4 to now WoW player. I've seen some stuff that makes my Weird Shit-O-meter go crazy. It's just the natural progression of the game.

That was not what I was going for, with one difficulty things are more streamlined, less dev resources are wasted on content that barely anyone experiences, and I would wager it leaves a lot more people satisfied. I also believe raids should have a linear scale approach in how they're set up, i.e first boss is easy, last boss is a challenge, this would keep the world first race still relevant.
    I see, so just because some people are in a minority that enjoys something, you think it's okay to cut it? How many people does it take, then, to make content worthwhile before you go "sorry to those 100,000 mythic raiders but we'd rather invest more into, you know, normal mode raiding"?

Do you realize that there was a REASON they split up difficulties like this?

So what about unpopular races and classes, then. I think we should just stop supporting those and focus on Paladins and Druids, Blood Elves and Night Elves, because those are the most played. More streamlined, you see.

And I guess you just want everyone else to go "aw shucks guess I'll raid at low difficulty now" or go quit the game? Which is, you know, absolutely NOT the case with the reverse - i.e. no normal mode raider goes "shit, mythic raiding exists so now I can't raid normal anymore!".

Seems completely ridiculous as a proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I see, so just because some people are in a minority that enjoys something, you think it's okay to cut it? How many people does it take, then, to make content worthwhile before you go "sorry to those 100,000 mythic raiders but we'd rather invest more into, you know, normal mode raiding"?

Do you realize that there was a REASON they split up difficulties like this?

So what about unpopular races and classes, then. I think we should just stop supporting those and focus on Paladins and Druids, Blood Elves and Night Elves, because those are the most played. More streamlined, you see.

And I guess you just want everyone else to go "aw shucks guess I'll raid at low difficulty now" or go quit the game? Which is, you know, absolutely NOT the case with the reverse - i.e. no normal mode raider goes "shit, mythic raiding exists so now I can't raid normal anymore!".

Seems completely ridiculous as a proposition.
    It seems that way because it is. However, i am a fan of merging normal and heroic, and having a difficulty curve. I think that would be a positive thing.

You didn't address what the guy you quoted said. Every single person who wants to get rid of multiple raiding difficulties is self obsessed and doesn't realize there are now many different types of people who enjoy raiding unlike Vanilla when it was pretty much one particular and very small crowd. Hundreds of thousands of people participate in each of the four raiding difficulties and dishonest ppl like you just pretend that isn't the case. Plus the idea that the development process would be more efficient if they only did raids for a fraction of the total WoW population that currently raids is just dumb. If you want to know why it's dumb you can listen to what Blizzard has said about the matter over many years.

My #1 wish for WoW: that the annoying people would just go away who want Blizzard to prune major aspects of the game because they don't want anyone to enjoy things they don't enjoy. But yeah, I know it is absurd and will never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that way because it is. However, i am a fan of merging normal and heroic, and having a difficulty curve. I think that would be a positive thing.
    You really can't make Heroic easier without a huge gap between Heroic and Mythic. Actually, I have no idea what your idea would solve other than for a very tiny group of people who find Normal too easy and Heroic too hard. I think it's almost perfect the way it is.

1) Have you ever had a full BiS character in any expansion where that was possible? BiS gear hurts the game. Not because "but blizzard need more gametime" but because it actively discourages players from doing certain stuff /bosses after they got their BiS. Right now people can run some M+ for mounts or helping friends and still find upgrades here and there. Maybe rarely, but if you get it then the run wasn't a waste of time.
    Also, BiS contains more rng than any socket/titanforging could. For a BiS you can only kill 1 boss once per week while figthing with at least 4-5-6 other players for the same item. The odds of you actually getting such item is so low that by that time you could get more out of titanforging. And that is frustrating especially when you're unlucky. It also means if you get it first kill you simply don't want the boss anymore for any reason. It's a vicious cycle.
    With personal loot, a BiS system would mean that you could max-out your character so fast you'd just quit over not having anything else to do. (Given you're that hardcore raider)

2) Play the difficulty you're comfortable with. You can literally solve this problem for yourself. Don't hate people who you will never interact with.

3) The economy exists. Crafted gear exists based on professions. Idk what you want.

4) Okay so, why would anyone mix-and-match gear in your world when there are clear BiS "complete" gear items? Contradiction much.
    Azerite gear works like this to an extent. I don't get how you'd make leather gear that fits every single leather class and spec. Or any other type.

5) Resistance in Pvp? What?

6) Guild tax? Like being in a guild would take 5% of my gold every week/month or what? Do you honestly think this is a good idea? And what for? What will the guild leaders use that gold for?

7) No-one grinds for azerite unless you're a high-end mythic raider. And I mean real grind, not doing the emissaries or smth. Also, you said remove all time-gating then immediately introduced another form of time-gating right away. Contradictions.

8) Let's give paladins back the seal of *auto attacking* cuz that defined the class.

9) Let's make 98% of trinkets basically so useless that even a question green is better. Great idea.
    Last edited by Garymorilix; 2019-06-21 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post

You really can't make Heroic easier without a huge gap between Heroic and Mythic. Actually, I have no idea what your idea would solve other than for a very tiny group of people who find Normal too easy and Heroic too hard. I think it's almost perfect the way it is.
    Why is that an issue?

Why is that an issue?
    It's not an issue to keep it the same way it is. Good thought.

My wish list

Blizzard hire true MMO devs to work on wow, because since diablo devs came this game is falling like sh*t. Last leak make sence when the dude sad that a lot of devs doesnt even like MMO dont know how a MMO game works and is in WoW dev team

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    It's not an issue to keep it the same way it is. Good thought.
    I have seen quite a few people complaining about the 4 difficulties. It might not be a problem for YOU, but if you have a look around, it is brought up quite frequently as something people dont like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me clarify what I mean by your character becoming BiS over the course of a patch, a great example would be where you used to work for a particular item, not having to worry about the roles/titan forging..etc. Once you get this item thats it! you've completed that piece and you go get your next BiS piece, in other words you actively work towards a goal, instead of hoping for the best in the current casino style loot system.