Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post

Mate, stop using one spec and thinking somehow it applies to ALL. I had a mage at 50, and AoE farmed myself, the imps and such in Blasted Lands, as they respawned fast, but NOT fast enough to require you to spawn differing layers necessary to kill them all. By the time you had killed two packs of 15, and looted they were already reappearing.

Unless you were kitted out in MC gear+ it was surprisingly difficult as onemistake could cost you. Certainly not enough for spamming and changes layers willy nlly, and CERTAINLY not enough like the muppet OP is suggesting that somehow it could be an exploit.

I think *you* need to leave the Classic forums, as all you are doing with shite like this is scaremongering when you obviously have no clue nor idea.
    It was NOT a big fucking deal. Stop trying to find things to fucking argue about, because all you are doing is sounding like an utter mong with all honesty. But hey, keep escalating that argument you obviously know *nothing* about, because all you have done, like so many here, is read a small snippet, make a knee-jerk reaction, then screech like a banshee.
    Then you do not understand the discussion at all. AE farming with a mage the way that was described was AE farming with blizzard on camps of mobs. Not running around and kill mobs one by one. And when you can layerhopp you can kill a lot more mobs than you can if you have only one server. If you can jump to 5 different farms in Arathi Highlands you will have close to no down time except for drinking. No need to wait for respawns because when you are done with layer five layer one will have respawned.

Scaremongering? lol. Well keep your "Guys it is Beta relax! They will fix it, promise!" like all idiots do in all Blizz Betas before they realise that everyone else was right and they where wrong and blizzard almost never change big stuff from Beta to live. I have more clue than you do. You dont seem to understand how Layering work, or AE farming, or economy or anything. You are just a fanboi thinking everything will be fine, blizz will fix this intended gameplay etc. Everything is fine, house is burning but why worry?

Yes it is a cesspit of mongs that have no effing clue about anything. So you are more than welcome to leave so that the forum atleast got ridd of one of them.

Streamer being followed in a populated area, and duelling others, then you think it is an issue when the game has to make layers to stop people from lagging to hell because some dude has about 400 people in an area? Rather the whole server crashed? Would that be smarter?

Fuck me.

snipe - unrelated**
    s.
    Hey - well, all i meant was the server felt dead to me, standing outside ogrimar with noone around and then finding the stream and seeing on the same server 30ish people interacting and having fun while i was unable to see them or interact , while clearly other other groups could

i dont think this creates an awesome experience? its certainly not a vanilla wow experience - or a mcweaksauce argument lol <3
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Oh, we have already had the mong-lords start claiming that layering will destroy the games economy, due to one spec and someone being incredibly geared somehow able to abuse absolutely everything. Honestly, I have no idea where they get their logic from.

But I digress, things like that should be reported, especially as it was only 30 people? That usually isn't enough to transition to another layer in a smallish area like that, no real quests and such for it to trigger unless it is just people running out and whatnot. Might be them playing it safe specifically due to streamers and whatnot, and them wanting to see how many people they can smush on a server before it melts.
    What happened in the video was not a bug. You can hop layers by getting invited by a player in another layer and then leaving it. Not being a bug is exactly the problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Wake me up when some beta tester will rack up 70 slots of bagspace full of ore thanks to layer hopping. Currently it sounds like too much effort for no reward.
    This. Also, beta is for bugs exactly like this so they can be addressed and squashed before going live. If it goes live and people are abusing layering to farm black lotus and Gromsblood, or to farm high-level rares and mobs for traveler's backpacks, then it's an issue. Until then, the appropriate response in beta is to report it every time it comes up and push to get it fixed.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    And everything that you cut out of my post to quote explains why it shouldnt be in the beta to "test".

Why are you "testing" a feature that apparantly wont be in the live game nor was it a feature of vanilla wow?
    Layering will be in Classic at launch to help avoid situations like 30-40 players waiting at chokepoints like the Defias Messenger or the hostile boar outside Lakeshire, where only one spawn is up on the entire server and can take upwards of 10-15 minutes for the event to complete or the mob to respawn. Once that's evidently no longer an issue, then layering gets disabled, but the feature still needs to be tested and fixed for launch to avoid exploits like the one OP mentions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if Herbs/Ores spawn on different layers as well?

Black Lotus only spawns 1 per zone with 1 hour cooldown.
    If by any means you can jump through Layers and farm it it'll be insane in the start.
    -- Huge amounts of Gold Income if you farm it decently and wait for Guilds to reach Molten Core.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

So what exactly is the problem. If the layer your on is no longer needed then you go to another layer.

In order to abuse the layering in any meaningful way would require several people all on different layers playing by themselves so there is no competition for chests or nodes. Then those other people would have to like you enough to invite your to each layer.

All this talk about abusing layering is idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Yes. /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    In order to abuse the layering in any meaningful way would require several people all on different layers playing by themselves so there is no competition for chests or nodes. Then those other people would have to like you enough to invite your to each layer.
    So your guildies?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Isn't Layering only gonna be active for two weeks or so?
    Thats two weeks of heavy exploitation by a select few with the knowhow how to exploit this. Will also motivate this crowd to powerlevel, as to be able to abuse this system while its up.

10+ Year Old Account

If by any means you can jump through Layers and farm it it'll be insane in the start.
    -- Huge amounts of Gold Income if you farm it decently and wait for Guilds to reach Molten Core.
    It would take a lot of work and luck to get enough of your friends on separate layers to make layer-hopping for BL farming worth the effort. Even then, I get a strong feeling doing so would be considered exploiting by the Classic team since it violates the spirit of the BL nodes' rarity and the effect such a farm would have on your server's ingame economy (if someone's posting stacks of BL when most players are just hitting 60, he can basically manipulate the ingame economy to his whim).

10+ Year Old Account

Thankfully layering will cease after Phase 1. Until then, just sit back and enjoy that fly in your classic soup.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin

Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post

Thankfully layering will cease after Phase 1. Until then, just sit back and enjoy that fly in your classic soup.
    Mhm, which is enough time to permanently ruin the server economy.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Yes. /10char

- - - Updated - - -

So your guildies?
    How do you know that not every single member of your guild isn't on the same layer? Or that if they are questing in STV and find something and you're questing in another zone are you really going to stop what you're doing to go get whatever that thing is? Any "abuse" is nonsensical and a waste of time.

"hey let me spend 20 minutes getting to your zone for some ore that I hope nobody else in that zone notices!!!" brt!

10+ Year Old Account
    they could make it impossible to swap layers unless you are in a major city. that'd solve the issue shirley. mild pain in the ass if your looking to group with friends and your in the middle of nowhere but that'd be preferable to crafting nodes being picked clean by layer hoppers ect ect
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Mhm, which is enough time to permanently ruin the server economy.
    "Hey guys layer hopping for ore and herbs that I'm going to sell on the auction house is going to ruin the in game economy for years to come!"

Yup, sounds like a reasonable statement.

Ofc it will. Or you will be screwed if you end up on a layer that has no spawns.
    Last edited by Annelie; 2019-06-21 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Thats two weeks of heavy exploitation by a select few with the knowhow how to exploit this. Will also motivate this crowd to powerlevel, as to be able to abuse this system while its up.
    I would like you to explain to us dense people the scenario in which this motivates people to power level and what sort of heavy exploitation would occur. I'm genuinely curious as to what people thing is actually going to happen.

I've watched a lot of classic streaming and not once have I seen any exploiting of layering and this is by people who are actively trying to get BiS for their level so would have a lot of motivation to abuse the system now, which they aren't.

Doing nothing for the initial rush makes no sense, it would be moronically unplayable. Calm down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    You only need 1 day of play to get to stv.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL 10chars

Probably played it a lot longer than you, mate Was there, did that, and if you think having 300 people in a small area with absolutely no enjoyment is "A Classic experience", then sadly you are a mong of the highest order. The server capacity wasn't a fraction of how it will be now, and that stuff basically never happened, especially in comparison to how it was on the stress tests.
    Servers were released quite staggered in EU and USA, so besides some new crazy server rush (when the KIlrogg EU new release happened for example) you never realy saw that whatsoever. So again, useless, baseless argumentation by someone just wanting to argue.

Fuck me, these forums really are a cesspit of mongs.
    Account created May '05, happy to provide proof if you want, mate.
    One of the things I enjoyed the most back then was rerolling on new servers, and guess what, scarcity of resources was a thing on those. "Besides some new crazy server rush" is exactly what Classic release is, so you're making my argument for me, thank you.

Couple of issues with your statement as well. You're assuming that Classic servers will have a bigger pop cap than Vanilla, why? The world and spawn rates are only designed for a certain number of concurrent players, regardless of what the tech can handle.
    You're also basing your argument in the fact that scarcity of resources is not "A Classic experience" (even though it is), but the alternative (layering) is? Hmm, thinking

Side note, reported for abusive language