Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Please read the last line of my previous post again.

I'm not here to discuss which word is more prevalent to this discussion, if you dislike the usage of the word neo-racism or cultural racism then just replace it with xenophobe or whatever you prefer, so long as we're on the same page, is this conversation about discrimination or semantics?

It feels like even if my words were as simple as " make peace not war" or "don't discriminate" , people would still find ways to avoid the point and debate the most meaningless of things, basically arguing for argument's sake and not the actual message behind it.
    I am here to discuss what word is relevant to what is being discussed, that's why I told you that you were using a term incorrectly. Your bullshit politically inspired hijacking of the term "racism" to mean something that it doesn't mean is not the least bit convincing. Maybe just use your brain before you throw terms like racism around. There are plenty of words to use to describe various forms of non-racially based discrimination.

And then you're going into deep psyche mode to say I would have complained no matter what you said. Ok, now it's my turn. I think that no matter what wrong term you use in any situation you will come up with a bullshit internet reason to try to justify yourself. And then you're also going to play the victim card.

And by the way, you're using the word "prevalent" incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I am here to discuss what word is relevant to what is being discussed, that's why I told you that you were using a term incorrectly. Your bullshit politically inspired hijacking of the term "racism" to mean something that it doesn't mean is not the least bit convincing. Maybe just use your brain before you throw terms like racism around. There are plenty of words to use to describe various forms of non-racially based discrimination.

And then you're going into deep psyche mode to say I would have complained no matter what you said. Ok, now it's my turn. I think that no matter what wrong term you use in any situation you will come up with a bullshit internet reason to try to justify yourself. And then you're also going to play the victim card.

And by the way, you're using the word "prevalent" incorrectly.

Prevalent: often used to describe the widespread of a disease in a particular area/time, actually stems from the latin word praevalent ( prevail) whose origin is praevalere, meaning of greater power.

synonyms : widespread, prevailing, frequent, usual, common, general, universal, pervasive, extensive, ubiquitous, ordinary; endemic, rampant, rife, recognized, established, accepted, current, popular.

"I'm not here to discuss which word is more prevalent to this discussion.", the word prevalent is not being used incorrectly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism "The use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition.".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia " the terms xenophobia and racism often overlap..." .

I'm aware that the proper term to use was xenophobia but the word racism has evolved to encompass multiple meanings, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what I meant.

https://www.coe.int/t/dg3/migration/...l_level_en.pdf

I suggest you read some books and educate yourself before randomly getting triggered by trivialities and then proceeding to vent , I'm not sure why that anger came from reading my posts tbh.

If you have pent up stress due to outside issues , I suggest you focus on finding a better outlet than venting online at people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    honestly i dont see the harm in give each language their own server.

the only thing i would worry about is there not being enough demand for each language servers to exist.
    Fun to see those two statements not only in the same post but sitting side by side in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism "The use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition.".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia " the terms xenophobia and racism often overlap..." .
    Please stop taking Wikipedia articles as gospel. Wikipedia is heavily influenced by the tech giants which themselves are heavily influenced by a certain type of politics. Quite a few articles there are manipulated. So I'd suggest you you try to stick with the basic definitions of words instead of accepting how people use words in incorrect manners.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/racism <== here is a basic definition of the word

Quote Originally Posted by nodlimax View Post
    Please stop taking Wikipedia articles as gospel. Wikipedia is heavily influenced by the tech giants which themselves are heavily influenced by a certain type of politics. Quite a few articles there are manipulated. So I'd suggest you you try to stick with the basic definitions of words instead of accepting how people use words in incorrect manners.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/racism <== here is a basic definition of the word
    No offense, but if you're going to play the "don't trust anything you read on the internet" card then it doesn't only apply to wikipedia, at least wikipedia has citations.

So am I going to have to wait a week after launch now to see where the majority of fellow Brits will be playing? Or should I activate my old school US account instead?

Last few seconds of US beta, 19th November 2004

No offense, but if you're going to play the "don't trust anything you read on the internet" card then it doesn't only apply to wikipedia, at least wikipedia has citations.
    Okay, I'll have to correct one of my previous statements about you being open minded. You seriously went and twisted my words again ("Welcome to the internet" - I know). I think I know exactly in what category to file you now and what to do => ignore you. Everything you say is idiotic anyway.

I could write a freaking article on Wikipedia on how smoking is good for you. I'm absolutely sure I'll find at least 1 or 2 citations for that. Must make it a true statement then.

Okay, I'll have to correct one of my previous statements about you being open minded. You seriously went and twisted my words again ("Welcome to the internet" - I know). I think I know exactly in what category to file you now and what to do => ignore you. Everything you say is idiotic anyway.

I could write a freaking article on Wikipedia on how smoking is good for you. I'm absolutely sure I'll find at least 1 or 2 citations for that. Must make it a true statement then.

I'm aware wikipedia isn't trustworthy because anyone can change anything, but the mods there are always checking updated things to make sure they're valid all the time, so even if something was altered incorrectly it would eventually be fixed.

What are you mad about though ? is it that I'm using wikipedia as a source or because you don't agree with how I'm using the word itself?

Comparing the definition of the word on both sites comes up to a very slight variation being that wiki counts ethnicity as a part of the definition while the other doesn't.

If i'm missing something feel free to explain.

And here I thought it was a thread about WoW Classic language realms, but actually it's two guys catfighting about bullshit we don't give a fuck about.

Barely anyone plays on these language specific servers except for the Russian ones. I don't see why they would add them to Classic, that is likely to have a diminishing playerbase post launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Barely anyone plays on these language specific servers except for the Russian ones. I don't see why they would add them to Classic, that is likely to have a diminishing playerbase post launch.
    Based on what information are you making this claim? Could it be that you are an American and have no idea how the European market works?

Btw. just to help you understand how many servers of each language exist currently for retail WoW in Europe:
    109 English
    87 German
    37 French
    20 Russian
    11 Spanish
    2 Italian
    1 Portuguese

I could perfectly understand if Blizzard doubts the success of Classic servers for Portugal, Italy and probably Spain. You can't tell me that 3 servers (one of each type PVP, PVE and RP) for each of the major languages (Eng, Ger, Fr) will fail.
    Last edited by nodlimax; 2019-06-23 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Someone has absolutely no idea what the world is beyond his borders it seems.

Based on what information are you making this claim? Could it be that you are an American and have no idea how the European market works?

Btw. just to help you understand how many servers of each language exist currently for retail WoW in Europe:
    109 English
    87 German
    37 French
    20 Russian
    11 Spanish
    2 Italian
    1 Portuguese

I could perfectly understand if Blizzard doubts the success of Classic servers for Portugal, Italy and probably Spain. You can't tell me that 3 servers (one of each type PVP, PVE and RP) for each of the major languages (Eng, Ger, Fr) will fail.
    Oh shit, I never counted the English realms, when you said 109 I had to go count myself, I even counted 111 but not sure if that's correct, had no clue we had so many.

Anyway, it's like you said, Portuguese and Italian dedicated servers for Classic would be stupid after 1 or 2 months. But something like:

5 Spanish
    10 German
    8 French

Maybe that would be a good idea for people from those countries.
    Last edited by Sughs; 2019-06-24 at 11:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They just ruined classic experience for me with this separetion of russian servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    SJW's trigger me. In this game it is russians that is the main problem. In WoT (another game i play) it is Polish, Czech and Turkish players that are the main problems.
    It's hilarious that it's never a "you" problem tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    On topic though, me and my Russian friends will roll on English-speaking server no matter what. Always played on EU and always will.
    Yeah, no reason to stick to russian classic realm since they'll be empty in couple of months with this kind of segregation
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's hilarious that it's never a "you" problem tho
    How could that be a problem when the rest of the world has a circlejerk of blaming Russians etc for everything in anything.

Holy sh*t... are people seriously losing it over this?

Do you honestly believe Blizz decided to just take a dump on their customer base?

Nobody knows how popular classic will be, not even Blizzard. Creating a lot of different realms from the outset creates a huuuge chance of servers with dead population. That's shooting themselves (and classic) in the foot.

I would expect they handle this the same way they did in actual vanilla. Launch without language servers, and when demand is apparent, open up those extra servers and offer free transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Holy sh*t... are people seriously losing it over this?

Do you honestly believe Blizz decided to just take a dump on their customer base?

Nobody knows how popular classic will be, not even Blizzard. Creating a lot of different realms from the outset creates a huuuge chance of servers with dead population. That's shooting themselves (and classic) in the foot.

I would expect they handle this the same way they did in actual vanilla. Launch without language servers, and when demand is apparent, open up those extra servers and offer free transfers.
    blizz knows how many servers they are planning to have on launch though.

even if it's just 5 servers for europe, it would already make sense to make one of those french and one german.

like were talking about countries with 65-85m people in them here, no way those won't fill up a server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    blizz knows how many servers they are planning to have on launch though.

even if it's just 5 servers for europe, it would already make sense to make one of those french and one german.

like were talking about countries with 65-85m people in them here, no way those won't fill up a server.
    Just wait and see how this dedicated russian realm will end up having 100/0 faction ratio and 200 people tops - that will happen to any other server that decides to separate community like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Just wait and see how this dedicated russian realm will end up having 100/0 faction ratio and 200 people tops - that will happen to any other server that decides to separate community like this
    eh. i assume they will also have US realms split into timezones. that's really no different then splitting by language for europe.