Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The One Thing Classic Has Live Can NEVER Have

..No more random buffs/nurfs .. I look forward to 'what-you-have-is-what-you-get', thus deciding on class and completly knowing what I am getting into .. and simply commit the time without the fear of Blizz gutting my favorite spec
    Last edited by Cempa; 2019-06-28 at 10:33 AM.

in before classic+ fanatics

I also like this about classic, i have simple end game goals to look forward to
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Emergent gameplay being what it is; it will be interesting if OPs claim remains true throughout.

For clarity I'm not talking about Blizzard suddenly deciding to change some numbers; just that the relative strength of classes is in someway dependent on the other classes too (if for example, healers/dispellers are incredibly rare in PvP, warriors lose a degree of their power because if their reliance on them, so someone rolling warrior to be a PvP god may find themselves playing second fiddle to warlocks who are less reliant on a pocket healer).
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-06-28 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I was expecting something else - a rabid classic fan posting while wearing his pink shades. Did not expect this.

I agree, it's one of the pros of WoW Classic.
    But it can be also a con - some classes or specs just won't have chances to shine, due to low numbers or mechanics and no chance to bring them up to par with others.

I've been playing a paladin since Vanilla - where I was forced to heal/dispel and generally be a buffbot for the raid.

You want to dps Lucifron ? Though luck, you're dispel-bot this time.

You want to dps Geddon ? Nope, you're on ressing duty. Next time you're healing.

You want to tank a dungeon ? Too bad, you don't have enough mana and too low threat generation.

The highest I got was first boss in BWL before TBC hit. I never got to dps in vanilla.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

And that some classes are locked to a single spec, that's what will kill vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    And that some classes are locked to a single spec, that's what will kill vanilla.
    all spec's WERE VIABLE for all content except 1......raiding... and thats mostly cause of min maxers not because they couldn't actually do the content. Other problems included are the debuff slot limitation made spec's unviable in raiding simply because classes got locked out of certain spells to MAXIMISE damage across raid

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    A raid pve concern for a progression guild, but nothing wrong or stopping you to play those other speccs in any other situation, and succeeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ..No more random buffs/nurfs .. I look forward to 'what-you-have-is-what-you-get', thus deciding on class and completly knowing what I am getting into .. and simply commit the time without the fear of Blizz gutting my favorite spec
    Until people chant for a different patch / expansion, and suddenly, buffs and nerfs will happen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have always hated the back-and-forth buff/nerf cycles in MMO's. But of all the games I've played, WoW takes it way too far chasing that mythical "balance" that they never actually seem to reach.

So I agree, it will be nice knowing what I'm getting in Classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always got so sick and tired of a single setbonus changing my entire way of playing around some gimmick. Good riddance I'd say.

Thats both a good and bad thing to me. For instance, if u want to play a ret paladin you know your spec is just always going to be garbage.

that part is actually true and would be nice, but not enough for me to back to that game.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I too, enjoy having a definitive end for my rpg characters.

It may be a grind to get there but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and once I’m heated I’ll be godly forever. No more treadmill running without making any progress

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    all spec's WERE VIABLE for all content except 1......raiding... and thats mostly cause of min maxers not because they couldn't actually do the content. Other problems included are the debuff slot limitation made spec's unviable in raiding simply because classes got locked out of certain spells to MAXIMISE damage across raid
    I played in vanilla, this is 100% untrue. People don't want ret or prot paladins in a dungeon that is already 1-2+ hours long, people trying to pvp seriously won't take these specs either. You can play these specs but expect to play alone often and not do grouped content. Im not trying to be negative, I mained a Paladin. I'm just trying to share experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    I was expecting something else - a rabid classic fan posting while wearing his pink shades. Did not expect this.

I agree, it's one of the pros of WoW Classic.
    But it can be also a con - some classes or specs just won't have chances to shine, due to low numbers or mechanics and no chance to bring them up to par with others.

I've been playing a paladin since Vanilla - where I was forced to heal/dispel and generally be a buffbot for the raid.

You want to dps Lucifron ? Though luck, you're dispel-bot this time.

You want to dps Geddon ? Nope, you're on ressing duty. Next time you're healing.

You want to tank a dungeon ? Too bad, you don't have enough mana and too low threat generation.

The highest I got was first boss in BWL before TBC hit. I never got to dps in vanilla.
    I am going to be playing a Shaman and Paladin and I do not plan on healing outside of 5 mans and I will get taken to raids. Personality > Spec. People tend to forget this is a social game and if you have a great personality you will be taken to things just for that reason.

Roll rogue
    take engi
    find pyro reflector

laugh at every mage you meet in av as they kill themselves every time they pop POM + pyro
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

I love the buff/patch cycles. Shame there won't be any in Classic.

WotLK isn't my favorite expansion but I absolutely loved how all the tuning changes were happening and needed sorting and changes both broad and narrow.

Still wish they'd been able to keep DKs tanking and dps on all three specs.

Yeah, I played warrior in Vanilla, even as an arms warrior, i was forced to tank, and off tank
    I think the emergence of DPS warriors came during AQ
    IF people were DPS warriors, it was probably an alt, just geared to the teeth due to their guild having the raids on farm status

I remember being slightly sad not being a DPS warrior, and having to off tank, but it was still fun nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Wait, you *like* having a spec you love that's complete dog shit having no chance of being changed to be competitive? That's just foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Emergent gameplay being what it is; it will be interesting if OPs claim remains true throughout.

For clarity I'm not talking about Blizzard suddenly deciding to change some numbers; just that the relative strength of classes is in someway dependent on the other classes too (if for example, healers/dispellers are incredibly rare in PvP, warriors lose a degree of their power because if their reliance on them, so someone rolling warrior to be a PvP god may find themselves playing second fiddle to warlocks who are less reliant on a pocket healer).
    But we already know that before classic launch and that's exactly what OP is saying. Ignorance on the player's part does not change OP's post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Roll rogue
    take engi
    find pyro reflector

laugh at every mage you meet in av as they kill themselves every time they pop POM + pyro
    Laugh @ rogue when the mage iceblocks its own POM pyro, coldsnaps and POM pyros again!

Best mage build ever.....