Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Do you really want the current team creating new content for Classic? I know I don’t. I’d rather they offer free xfers to TBC realms, etc, going forward.
    TBC is pretty much worse than anything the current retail team could come up with. TBC removed what was good in classic and didnt add anything thats good in retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHY does people want stuff after Naxxramas? Why not just keep playing. Either farm Naxx with your main until you are absolutely Bis geared or roll an alt.

Personally, the game would be the most fun once naxx is "done", rolling around in BGs with naxxgear, what is possibly more fun? I could play classic pvp for years.

Just let it be, keep servers up, like they do with Diablo 2.

Your solution intrigues me, even though I did not read it

One thing they could possibly do is to add new content on top of classic in way that it doesn't obsolete it's existing content.

Something that wouldn't be accessible until you have fully cleared all the available content, including 40-man Naxxramas, possibly even keeping the current level cap.

They could for instance add new zones but instead of them granting any XP require their storyline as part of the attunement process for the next raid tier - while also scaling their mobs up so high that you'd need to be in full 40-man Naxx gear.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    While i get that classic is classic and no further xpac is, I would love to relive it all. Think of it as a 'reboot', where you can opt to stop and stay at vanilla, or carry on to phased versions or just migrate to new server to keep rolling along with rebooted xpacs. Loved demo lock when you could rage around as a demon? np, play through and stop leveling at the xpac you loved, for instance. You get to keep your yum, you don't have to yuck anyone else's yum, life's good, profit.
    Is that far fetched? probably.
    Still a great dream.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

My only issue with this conversation right now is:
    Classic isn't even released yet. Let's see how it plays out with the phase schedule, then down the line have this conversation.

Personally, I don't see it going past classic.

A solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Classic is a museum piece. It's being created to allow players to experience Vanilla...for all time. Forever long there is a WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    You can come up with as many options for "What happens after Naxx" as you want.

The only CORRECT response is: "Nothing." Nothing happens after Naxx. Classic ends after Naxx. Congratulations, you beat Classic after beating Naxx.

A game needs a proper end, or it becomes BFA.
    MMORPG never needed a proper end.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    I'm sure BC will happen but there is no way it will happen in 2 years. More likely 4-5 years with the way classic will go in phases.

TBC will be 2023 or 2024 then after that who knows. If they do a WotLK it won't be until 2028 if they do phases again for BC. At that point there will be better games out there so I seriously doubt there is anything released after.

But there won't be any new content for classic released. There is no reason too when they can just re-do BC. At this point I'm sure they are more confident on merging the old and the new so merging BC probably won't take as long or with as much effort.
    You are assuming they wont start development of the BC and WotLK servers until classic is stagnating at Nax (and Sunwell in WotLK's case) . Honestly I wouldn't be surprised (pending Classic being a success) if they announced both BC AND WotLK at blizzcon 2020, considering they are liked by 2 different crowds generally. their is no real reason they couldn't develop both, and both should be much easier to reproduce considering that their over worlds are still intact unlike Classics.

They could also wipe your char after like 4 months from first entering Naxx or like hitting max lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    You are assuming they wont start development of the BC and WotLK servers until classic is stagnating at Nax (and Sunwell in WotLK's case) . Honestly I wouldn't be surprised (pending Classic being a success) if they announced both BC AND WotLK at blizzcon 2020, considering they are liked by 2 different crowds generally. their is no real reason they couldn't develop both, and both should be much easier to reproduce considering that their over worlds are still intact unlike Classics.
    i don't see ppl cheering for Cata at all
    Hence why i expect them to try to stretch vanilla (then tbc) for as long as possible, because either they have to ignore cata and go to MoP then Legion (which will be very puzzling) or just end the legacy servers idea
    Prior to BFA cata was no question 2nd worst exp, now with BFA that title goes to either bfa or wod (and tbh ppl who think bfa is as bad as WoD puzzle me, bfa is nowhere as bad as wod)
    If they go cata ... i expect the death of legacy server, but until wrath appears i expect even more success from vanilla to tbc to wrath, i myself know if i put 50% effort in classic, i'll put 100% in tbc, and 150% in wrath, but cata ? I left wow during cata and have zero attachment to it and from what i see don't even want to relive it, i played cata early days and left and don't miss it at all
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i don't see ppl cheering for Cata at all
    Hence why i expect them to try to stretch vanilla (then tbc) for as long as possible, because either they have to ignore cata and go to MoP then Legion (which will be very puzzling) or just end the legacy servers idea
    Prior to BFA cata was no question 2nd worst exp, now with BFA that title goes to either bfa or wod (and tbh ppl who think bfa is as bad as WoD puzzle me, bfa is nowhere as bad as wod)
    If they go cata ... i expect the death of legacy server, but until wrath appears i expect even more success from vanilla to tbc to wrath, i myself know if i put 50% effort in classic, i'll put 100% in tbc, and 150% in wrath, but cata ? I left wow during cata and have zero attachment to it and from what i see don't even want to relive it, i played cata early days and left and don't miss it at all
    Ya Cata I don't see being overly popular, probably just added at some point for "completions" sake, so if they where ever to release 2 legacy levels at the same time, both Cata and WoD would be prime candidates for being bundled with something good. As you said MoP and Legion have their own crowds of people that really love them, so it's not like we have nothing after WotLK to look forward to.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-06-29 at 06:29 AM.

they could use something like the abandoned project of the Karazhan crypt raid and populate it, give it assets and bosses, and the one well that leads to a pile of bones for a boss room, and the upside down tortured victims that levitate upwards and such with that room, to add a "final" content that never was; around the mechanical limitations of the classic engine, and the limitations of the classes of the day, to create a new thing. but the odds of that are extremely low. Id rather bet double or nothing on winning the power ball two weeks in a row by comparison to them necro-ing an abandoned project, or anything at all beyond the vanilla experience, unless it restores a significant player base of when WOW was at its absolute peak of server population. to keep those players happy, and paying for new, yet "old" content. but i already stated its more likely to win double or nothing in two power ball lottery tickets in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Classic isn't going to get expansions though. So it does.
    Still never needed it.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I am for finishing the content that was cut from Vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a long ass post to basically say "Hard mode servers".
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't want anything even resembling mythic+ in classic, which is what this basically boils down to but serverwide. Can't wait to see my worldchat spammed with WTS tier1 kelthuzad server boost, ye not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Ya Cata I don't see being overly popular, probably just added at some point for "completions" sake, so if they where ever to release 2 legacy levels at the same time, both Cata and WoD would be prime candidates for being bundled with something good. As you said MoP and Legion have their own crowds of people that really love them, so it's not like we have nothing after WotLK to look forward to.
    that's the problem i'm talking about, jump from wrath to mop on legacy server (doubt they will create new one for each exp) will screw ppl in general, and giving cata will hurt its success
    the answer is i don't know, i see it lose-lose situation, no idea how it can works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Don't want anything even resembling mythic+ in classic, which is what this basically boils down to but serverwide. Can't wait to see my worldchat spammed with WTS tier1 kelthuzad server boost, ye not really.
    the boost sell didn't bloom before token wow, kill token wow and the sales will plumber to floor since gold will not equal real life hard cold cash anymore
    ppl claim there was boost in earlier days, but as someone who was hardcore raider and in one of top guilds on my server (ghostlands eu) there was no raid boost sales at all back then, heck even in MoP i don't remember them (server Bladefist) also i wasn't that hardcore raiding (didn't do mythic Garrosh, killed him hc however)
    I only started to see sales when i returned last 6 month of WoD after they announced legion (server Twisting Nether), and it was obvious it became the norm because i couldn't pug even normal hellfire citadel even when i outgear it and literally don't need a single item from it anymore unless it procs
    If u can't buy tokens in vanilla i expect the idea of boost will be dead before it was even born, why would anyone want to hoard gold in first place, to buy a couple of mounts ? they take slot in bag so u are very limited in that option, why would u need massive amount of gold when gold is just gold, most ppl will need it just to buy flasks potion repairs, and that costs very little and easy to achieve with casual playing daily
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Cata will not be added as a "legacy server". It is widely considered to be the turning point in WoW's history where it stopped being "old WoW" and started being "new WoW".

If they do make other "classic expac" servers, there will be TBC and *maybe* WOTLK. Nothing else.

Seriously the OP needs to learn how to make a point efficiently. He posts a wall of text talking about TBC and 1.13 just to then basically suggest heroic/mythic mode. I don't care whether you want to do this with a separate server or whatever. It's the same basic principle that you have in retail with the dungeons/raids and sucks.

Next time please don't waste peoples freaking time. Get to the point and make arguments for it then.