Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Imagine being so gullible to think that yet another iteration of Bless will be good

I know Bless Online was garbage, but they were decent enough to reimburse players
    Lol, just lol... It's Valve/Steam that started giving out refunds and pretty much removed all the refund limitations, the devs on the other hand keep milking players even now after they announced its closure

Out of MMORPGs mentioned by you, only Lost Ark is decent. I played AI:R SEA beta, I live in Thailand, I dunno where all the praise for that game comes from, few things are decent, but overall it's meh and its performance is shite, better than Bless', but still shite.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-07-01 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Maybe he just prefers that. That’s ok too, but man BDO is not the hill I’d die on
    Honestly, Korean grinders aren't all that bad objectively speaking. There's a reason Lineage and Lineage II are still popular MMOs over in the East. But BDO has way too many pay-to-win and power lockout problems from its boneheaded business model to become an industry mainstay like those two.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I actually think that WoW is a really good game. It is that good because Blizzard does a seriously good job at re-iterating and polishing the game. All luck Blizz had was that they used the MMO-opportunity window 15 years ago. Sth. they failed to do with HotS and -to a degree - with Overwatch.

That butt-jiggle physics game?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Honestly, Korean grinders aren't all that bad objectively speaking. There's a reason Lineage and Lineage II are still popular MMOs over in the East. But BDO has way too many pay-to-win and power lockout problems from its boneheaded business model to become an industry mainstay like those two.
    It’s their pay to win mechanics that rubbed me the wrong way. A lot of it worked like the combat, graphics, and auto travel.

But literally anything and everything a player wants is only available on the cash shop.

It’s basically a mobile title wrapped in mmo clothing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Lucky because there is no real competition YET. BDO is finally talking about dungeons and PVE end game as the next big thing planned. Healer class just got added to BDO, they can simply just tweak the tanky classes and we're set for real PVE, once that is done, no other game can ever compete gameplay and graphics wise, and nobody will care if it is korean, p2w blah blah blah, because you know why? it's endless and mindless but fun AF.

Unfortunately for the players and fortunately for Blizz, FFXIV and ESO are both garbage. The new and currently in-beta Bless Unleashed is done in Unreal Engine 4 and looks promising as it seems to be copying gameplay elements from the Japan-only Dragons Dogma Online MMORPG's impactful realistic / combat style, but it has a long way to go and it is only currently in the works for XBOX, lucky for Blizz. I know Bless Online was garbage, but they were decent enough to reimburse players, not like Blizz who would probably never do such a thing. There is also A:IR and Lost Ark that are hopefully releasing in 4Q 2019, but i am not a huge fan of Unreal Engine 3....IDC if they are Korean as long as they are fun to play.

EDIT: Can't use your moronic go-to "Weeb" response, I hate FFXIV and said that it is garbage.
    Okay... you must have some odd priorities because you seem to prefer BDO, the game that Is the definition of a grindfest. That has the BEST graphics, action-combat and character creation In any MMO, and the rest of It's systems is hot garbage and that's not even mentioning It's scummy F2P model and the cashshop, their boring costumes to collect, most of the cool ones you actually buy and not earn Ingame...

While you hate on a game like ESO and FF14? Just get out of here, nor worth talking to you about anything mate you clearly don't understand a good MMO If you claim WoW has no competition when the two games you hate are It's biggest competitors right now.

Have you even played ESO or FF14? They are much better than WoW let alone BDO, If anything BDO Is like on the worst list followed by Guild Wars 2. You can't just consider "Oh this MMO does this one thing well and so It's great" you gotta consider It all. The games monetization, the future of the game, do the developers communicate properly, are they giving enough meaningful content, the gameplay loop, classes, fun.

Right now, ESO launched IT's expansion a month ago, FF14 launched It's expansion early access a few days ago, and true launch tommorow 2nd of July. You think It's random WoW's 8.2 patch came out a week ago? Wow always puts their launch dates around other MMOs to compete. Even though they're being blown out the water with Shadowbringers, 8.2 Is a good Improvement on BfA's shit but It's still waaaay off from being a good deal to return to WoW.

So I would suggest you actually go play ESO, FF14 and come back In a few months and then tell me BDO Is better or was It just IT's jiggly physics that you liked so much.

AND PS: Action-combat doesn't do well with real PvE style Dungeons or Raids, many tried, but hardly works as much as tab-targeting which WoW and FF14 are masters at.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Maybe he just prefers that. That’s ok too, but man BDO is not the hill I’d die on
    That's all fine and dandy, does not mean has to open same damn thread every couple of hours just to spite people.

It's pure malicious intent at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks ESO is “garbage” likely didn’t stick around to get to the end game. It is a very deep game, but it takes 210 levels to get to the starting point of the end game where you can truly start developing your gear layout and builds.

Its really a fantastic game with tons of story to dive into, and lots of gear options to have fun playing around with.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

only thing blizz got lucky with was the timing of WoW's release.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Anyone who thinks ESO is “garbage” likely didn’t stick around to get to the end game. It is a very deep game, but it takes 210 levels to get to the starting point of the end game where you can truly start developing your gear layout and builds.

Its really a fantastic game with tons of story to dive into, and lots of gear options to have fun playing around with.
    I think "ESO is garbage" is just a phrase that people keep parroting since before the Morrowind xpack, which was a huge turning point for the game.

OP doesn't want to move out of his mums basement and wants to grind levels 14 hours a day because thats compelling gameplay right?

hey if it's got no endgame other than levelling forever thats all the content OP needs, surprised he isn't playing D3 right now, cmon OP infinite paragon levels such content wow!

As somebody said. I loved bdo until endgame trash farm.

The OP has a point. There has not been a western-friendly MMO that managed to directly cut into Blizzard's business. Many tried but none succeeded. WoW fizzling out is not due to other MMOs.

It's probably not luck though, I think other companies have struggled to make MMOs appeal to western gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seriously? I mean...it is from 2014 and didn't exactly have that many years to pile on x-pacs - And people gripe about 120 lvs in WoW
    You first need to get to level 50. Then after that, to get to Gear Cap level (where gear stops leveling with you) you need another 160 Champion Point Levels. Fortunately, from CP 1-160 is really quick. 1 Dungeon will gain you quite a few Champion points. Plus there is Training gear that you can make or purchase from players that will increase your XP gain by a lot. They also give you a few XP Increase scrolls as you level. If you do these things, you can get to CP 160 pretty quick. After 160, creating alts is ever faster as you have a shared bank, so you can make your own training gear and transfer it to another character. The leveling experience is pretty well thought out so it doesn't feel like an incredible burden.

Aside from that, there have been a few full expansions, and quite a few dungeon packs, plus smaller story additions over the years. The game is doing quite well. Since more and more people are coming to the game over the past 2 years, development of content has also been moving along more quickly.

I just returned to WoW 2 weeks ago as my brother wants me to play with him. I had 10 years of experience playing WoW, so I didn't start out not knowing what to do. Moving through older content was pretty quick, but from 100-120 has taken quite a while now as it slowed down quite a lot. Leveling in ESO feels so much faster, and honestly much more rewarding. The way you acquire skills in WoW doesn't feel all that great. But in ESO, you have far more control on how you get skills and which skills you will get. Its a completely different experience, and prefer the ESO model way more than the WoW model when it comes to skill/ability choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The OP has a point. There has not been a western-friendly MMO that managed to directly cut into Blizzard's business. Many tried but none succeeded. WoW fizzling out is not due to other MMOs.

It's probably not luck though, I think other companies have struggled to make MMOs appeal to western gamers.
    Although WoW's loss of players isn't due to other MMOs, it is still a boon for other MMOs. When I play ESO, more and more I find WoW refugees these days.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

u have one shot mate. BDO blew it and a lot of people wont even try it out if it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    You mean 15 years of "WoW-killers" hasn't been real competition?
    Mostly because they were WoW clones. That an sunk cost fallacy and popularity gravitation.

Eod blizz was lucky but not in the way op so hatefully goes on.

There are many factors that went into world of warcrafts success and being the most played game between 07 and 2012 but very little of that was under blizzards control or due to the game its self or the setting. End of the day there wasn't all the much difference between ever quest and wow, was was easier but not by such a degree that it revolutionised the market on that alone.

No my personal theory is its all linked to why social media is big. And the ground work for wows success was set out by those little social worlds of the early 00s like habbo hotel. And its decline has come at the hands of Facebook and twitter more than any competition within the genera or changes they made,

10+ Year Old Account
    BDO combat is next level but apart from that it is kinda limited, it's the least MMO, MMO out there in my opinion.

I personally think Blizzard have had their day, it's just the way the world works, they can't be at the forefront forever.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain, pretty apt quote for Blizzard in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    EDIT: Can't use your moronic go-to "Weeb" response, I hate FFXIV and said that it is garbage.
    Oh shit, you got us. Imagine trying to convert WoW fanatics into random MMOs which have failed to do a proper game for 15 years while WoW is still current.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post

look at these forums. Blizz is having hell themselves. It's asking for a kick in the balls, if you want to please Western RPGiers. That is why there are a lot of crowdfunded mmos in the process. Investing so many years and money into something which 35yo babies "I want my game MY way or gtfo and this game sucks, company is just greedy" is not a good idea.

Its too bad these random asian games are all pay to win. They could be great but I would rather not play a game of how much frustration can I take before I whip out my wallet to skip them by design.