Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you take a drug that improves your mental functions?

(Source)
    It’s hard for many of us to even imagine being able to wake up in the morning without that ritualistic jolt of caffeine. The stimulant most commonly found in coffee and energy drinks has benefits that are well known, as well as potential side effects that are equally familiar. However, there might just be a better way to give your brain a boost without the annoying side effects or inevitable crash. Specifically, this powerful nootropics blend from TruBrain has been specially formulated to enhance cognitive function and improve your focus.

]The goal of TruBrain is to help your mind work at optimum efficiency by providing enhanced brain function, increased focus, improved verbal ability, and better memory. It’s made from a high-quality blend of nootropics, which consists of amino acids, nutrients, and minerals your brain uses as fuel. Unlike quack brain boosters you often see online, nootropics like TruBrain aren’t based on pseudoscientific promises. Instead, it uses scientifically proven methods to increase blood flow to the brain, which in turn brings more oxygen and glucose. As a result, your brain cell metabolism improves, which allows your mind to make new neural connections through a process known as plasticity. Better plasticity, means better memory, language, focus, and more. In other words, TruBrain provides a safe, natural boost to your cognitive function.

Unlike coffee, which plies your brain with caffeine, TruBrain works in an entirely different manner. Essentially, caffeine blocks the neurotransmitters in your brain that cause drowsiness, but only temporarily. Rather than simply blocking sleepiness, TruBrain actively promotes higher brain plasticity and all the benefits associated with it.

While you might be understandably skeptical, TruBrain’s positive effects are backed up by some heavy duty science. It’s been subject to third party clinical trials that have shown significant boosts of brain function among test subjects, including improvements in memory and learning. It’s even been studied under EEG brainwave analysis, which shows alpha brain wave activity. And the formula used to make TruBrain is 100-percent safe, and was found to be less toxic than ordinary table salt. There are also no known side-effects – long- or short-term.

TruBrain is available as a drink that comes in individual, ten-ounce shots, as well as 45-gram energy bars. And right now, you can also get a 10-Drink Trial Pack of TruBrain for only $10.
    Seems pretty impressive. Would you opt out of coffee or energy drinks for this? Would you give it to your child or elderly parents, grandparents?

No, the side effects are probably very severe.

It sounds a lot like a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    No, the side effects are probably very severe.
    From the article:
    While you might be understandably skeptical, TruBrain’s positive effects are backed up by some heavy duty science. It’s been subject to third party clinical trials that have shown significant boosts of brain function among test subjects, including improvements in memory and learning. It’s even been studied under EEG brainwave analysis, which shows alpha brain wave activity. And the formula used to make TruBrain is 100-percent safe, and was found to be less toxic than ordinary table salt. There are also no known side-effects – long- or short-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    From the article:
    Yeah, just like past substances that were supposed to have no side effects and only benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    A drug that makes you smart? I was given one of those by my doctor. After taking one the doctor recommended me these magic beans.... I never understood why he was laughing at me after I left though but I cannot wait to plant them.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    From the article:
    I am surprised that this miracle drink has arrived.

Neuroplasticity is a very new science and we do not know yet how to manipulate it. To be able to do it effectively, we would need to know how the electrochemical chaos really works inside our brains. We have yet to do that. SSRI's have drastically dichotomous side effects on mental functions depending on the individual, so how can we trust that this "TruBrain" really improves neuroplasticity?

Neuroplasticity works on repetitive actions that can sometimes take 100's of hours to do.

You would have better luck eating a healthy, antioxidant diet, keeping hydrated, well rested,, and concentrated in said action.

You don't need "TruBrain".

The real miracles are yet to come, and this is not fucking it.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Yeah, just like past substances that were supposed to have no side effects and only benefits.
    It's not like it's tobacco or alcohol, it's literally just a blend of things we already know improve brain functions.
    Our key ingredients are called nootropics. Nootropics are functional amino acids, nutrients, and minerals that are consumed by the brain and directly support cognitive function. The term nootropic was first coined by Belgian neuroscientists Skondia and Giurgea in the 1960s.

The active nootropics in TruBrain, like noopept, have a long track record of performance and safety. The TruBrain formula is also fortified with building blocks, like magnesium and choline, that the brain uses for fuel. These nutrients are naturally found in foods like spinach, artichokes, and kale. While present in many whole foods, one cannot attain beneficial amounts of nootropics from eating whole foods alone. That's where TruBrain comes in. See our full list of ingredients here.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    I am surprised that this miracle drink has arrived.

Neuroplasticity is a very new science and we do not know yet how to manipulate it. To be able to do it effectively, we would need to know how the electrochemical chaos really works inside our brains. We have yet to do that. SSRI's have drastically dichotomous side effects on mental functions depending on the individual, so how can we trust that this "TruBrain" really improves neuroplasticity?
    I would assume you would learn that by reading the article, which very clearly outlines what it's made of and how it effects the brain.

It's also not meant to be a "miracle drug", it's meant to be a safe alternative to caffeine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like it's tobacco or alcohol, it's literally just a blend of things we already know improve brain functions.

- - - Updated - - -

I would assume you would learn that by reading the article, which very clearly outlines what it's made of and how it effects the brain.

It's also not meant to be a "miracle drug", it's meant to be a safe alternative to caffeine.
    The boldened part is fallacy.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

My dude I'm already taking drugs just to keep my attention. I'll take anything that gives me some edge.

7+ Year Old Account
    (Source)

Seems pretty impressive. Would you opt out of coffee or energy drinks for this? Would you give it to your child or elderly parents, grandparents?
    A lot of those ingredients aren't really "drugs" because they're already found in the body. I remember most of them from when I was trying supplements from GNC a few years ago. Uridine + Citicoline + fish oil was the only one where I remember having slightly more energy. L-theanine seems worthless for me.

I think the ones like Noopept that are not already in the body are not as "proven" as they say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid
    <bungee looks at coffee mug, pours another half liter of coffee for himself>

"A" drug? Probably, I'm getting on in years and ... just a moment, what was I saying? Oh, yeah, getting older, got hit in the head a lot during my younger years, have the grand slam on apnea, and I'm drinking too damned much coffee because doctors would really like to put me on something stronger for chronic hypersomnia.

This drug? Probably not. It sounds like the next wave of Red Bull, which comes closer to shooting me the bird than it does to giving me wings. This guy has my sympathy: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ugh-so-he-sued
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    People already take drugs to keep their brain stable/clear/focused. They help a lot of people.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    "amino acids, nutrients, and minerals"

Translation : it's a protein shake.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

"Heavy duty science"... Well I am sold

It's called caffeine.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Yes, but this is not it. It allegedly improves blood flow, but that doesn't make your mental functions improve. Especially not if you have low IQ or specific problems that cause lower mental functions. My memory sucks, really sucks, and just more 'energy' and blood flow is not going to improve it. Also, it's just a protein shake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would if it's not narcotics.
    I already have replaced all my meals at work with a meal replacement called Huel. Healthy, low calorie and includes all the minerals and vitamins I need. And keeps me full and sharp for 6 hours.
    The only downside is that while it's perfectly fine, I'd rather eat kebab, lol.