Poll: Do you believe healthcare is a human right?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    This is just one of those most popular topics that the Anti-Whites just love to trap you on.

That question in iteself is of course viciously Anti-White - and of course, it has even less to do with health care. It's a trap the Anti-Whites try to lay out for you - a trap that seemingly does not have any escape. Answer "no" and you will instantly be labeled as a morally bad, evil person who denies "basic human rights" on some "poor innocent victims".
    Maybe because saying people don't deserve healthcare for...."reasons"...is a fundamentally evil position to take. Novel concept.

Those 76 who votes "Yes" should feel ashamed for yourselves and what you did to your folk.
    No thanks. I've no interest in keeping America white, despite being white.

We can't season our food, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Maybe because saying people don't deserve healthcare for...."reasons"...is a fundamentally evil position to take. Novel concept.
    While the post you quoted is nonsense, the particular type of response you're referring to is a logical fallacy. Health care being a "human right" has nothing to do with people "deserving" it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    While the post you quoted is nonsense, the particular type of response you're referring to is a logical fallacy. Health care being a "human right" has nothing to do with people "deserving" it.
    :thumbs up:

I don't take a lot of stock in the notion of "human rights" - rights are social 'ought' arguments so what I said still stands. So...weird flex, but okay?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    :thumbs up:

I don't take a lot of stock in the notion of "human rights" - rights are social 'ought' arguments so what I said still stands. So...weird flex, but okay?
    The point is that saying "no" to the question of whether healthcare should be a "human right" isn't saying that people don't deserve it. And if you don't believe in or support the notion of human rights, your point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    70% tax rates would not even pay for a universal healthcare plan to begin with.
    Well, here in Germany about 15% of everyones gross salary is enough.

obviously not. but it should be.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Well, here in Germany about 15% of everyones gross salary is enough.
    Oh i agree, they could just increase the medicare portion of the already deducted portion of your paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    obviously not. but it should be.
    Obviously not, because obviously not.

It's the right of a citizen in a democratic society and can be granted to non-citizens if the society opts so, either with the mandate of its citizens or by the terms dictated by membership to a union of sorts (such as EU). A society can opt not to offer it, therefore it's a human right merely in principle. I understand the desire for it to be a practical human right, it definitely should be one of the goals of a society.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Not if looking at humans just as animals, but if we add the fact we've advanced as a species and society, then yes.

I'm really glad I live in Europe and don't have to worry about dying if I get sick and don't have enough money. I think this should be the standard for any developed country.

Rights aren't provided by other people. They're just things that humans innately have themselves. I can talk, ergo freedom of speech is a right. I am alive, therefore keeping that life as well as I can myself is a right.

I don't have a right to demand someone else care about me and give of themselves so I get to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as Human Rights, there is just Human Privileges, and some of us have more or less privileges depending on where we live. But yes, I think these privileges should include healthcare in developed societies.

Yes?

I'm not sure how to explain more simply that you should care about other people.
    I do care about other people, they are called family. It's not my job nor does it make me an asshole by not worrying about the needs of strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I do care about other people, they are called family. It's not my job nor does it make me an asshole by not worrying about the needs of strangers.
    Which is the very reason why humans as a species cannot and will not advance. Too many individualistic people that don't care about others. We as a civilization or society cannot achieve higher goals without the basic understanding that EVERYONE on the planet deserves and should be covered by healthcare. They should be accepted regardless of stature or status.

Your very logic is flawed, and is the reason we are held back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    There's several millennia of ethicists that disagree with you, bub.

Plus the basic fact that humans are a social species and we have always been dependent on our communal nature to survive. This "survival of the fittest" bullshit is nothing but a bunch of quackery cooked up by laudanum and gin soaked racists trying to pretend that their position of social and economic privilege was due to their inherent superiority and not just winning the birth lottery.

I am not sure how healthcare can even begin to be a human right. Is having food a human right? No? Well, here's your answer why healthcare isn't a human right either.

The entire question is bizarre. No, 2+2 isn't green. It's 4.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am not sure how healthcare can even begin to be a human right. Is having food a human right? No? Well, here's your answer why healthcare isn't a human right either.

The entire question is bizarre. No, 2+2 isn't green. It's 4.
    Just say you don’t think healthcare should be a human right and go.

Stop trying to paint the questions as ridiculous when we both know it’s your complete lack of empathy that’s ridiculous. End of story.
    change can't wait.

healthcare is a privilege

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    There is no such thing as Human Rights, there is just Human Privileges, and some of us have more or less privileges depending on where we live. But yes, I think these privileges should include healthcare in developed societies.
    Maybe there are no human rights in Romania but it’s a different story in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Boy there are a lot of sociopaths on these forums. They aren't in the majority but there are still far too many.
    It truly is saddening.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Is having food a human right?
    Yes, at least according to the most specific and agreed upon definitions.

Admitting as such would make the Holodomor terribly inconvenient, though.