Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You buy a regular Epic Mount. In any event it's way less work to just farm the gold than to go through all the Warlock quests to get the Dreadsteed.
    Thing is you can sell runs to get other locks their dreadsteed if you get it early.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just enjoy leveling and you'll likely find DM is out when you need it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You don't know that. No one will be 60 by 2020. It's irrelevant how difficult classic will be, you still need to put in a minimum amount of time to get there. The world record too something like 116 hours. No one will beat that.
    Um, wut?

27th August to 1st Jan is 127 days.

If you played 6 hours a day, and we are kidding ourselves if we honestly think that there won't be people playing more than that, it'd mean you'd take just over 19 days real time to match the world record. Some people will pull 12 hour/day playtimes, and just as we have seen from expansion launches, others will even do 18h+ playtimes. It's ridiculous to think nobody will be 60 within 127 days.

It took me 6~ days for my second 60, which works at 24 days if we do 6 hour playtimes.
    Lets say the average is 10 days for people who knew what they were doing, if they play 3 hours a day it'll take them 80 days real time to get to 60, that's mid November.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-07-11 at 07:40 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

You don't know that. No one will be 60 by 2020. It's irrelevant how difficult classic will be, you still need to put in a minimum amount of time to get there. The world record too something like 116 hours. No one will beat that.
    it didn't take me that long to get to 60 as a completely new player knowing nothing about the game or mmorpgs in general. You've lost your mind if you think world first will take more than a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Considering that you can't use mounts while in combat, your whole argument is moot. Being locked out at last second of combat right before enemy dies would be such extremely rare case that you probably won't ever see it happen.
    There is no case where it would matter. Getting combat flagged interrupts mounting automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    lol thinking you'll hit sixty before phase 2
    plenty of people will be 60 within the first week

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Considering that you can't use mounts while in combat, your whole argument is moot. Being locked out at last second of combat right before enemy dies would be such extremely rare case that you probably won't ever see it happen.
    lol are you serious/

In a bg if i let a mage cs me then kill him. I oculd leave combat 2 seconds after...be unable to mount for 8

Trust me i've seen it happen. Felhunter spell lock also same thing just 2 second shorter lock.

You have no idea what you're talking about

He casts fear, I have imp cs and cast it on warlock then die. He can't mount for minimum 5 seconds he's outta combat. Maybe more if the game lets him drop fast

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I think p2 will drop right after New Year’s, and only pretty hardcore players will be 60 by then. The kinds of players that won’t have a lot of trouble ponying up 1000 gold.

I think a lot of people will hit 60 during the holidays, actually, the game will have been out 4 months and people willfinish it off instead of arguing with their in-laws.
    what have you been smoking?4 months to get to 60?even casualy playing will get you 60 in less than 2 months....plenty will be 60 within a week

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    it didn't take me that long to get to 60 as a completely new player knowing nothing about the game or mmorpgs in general. You've lost your mind if you think world first will take more than a week.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no case where it would matter. Getting combat flagged interrupts mounting automatically.
    You can be locked out of your spell tree while out of combat

SO if i get locked out of my holy tree as a paladin...I'm not mounting for 10 seconds after that happens. Whether i drop combat 1 second after i eat the CS or not

So yes it is terrible, and yes it will happen to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    You won't. Gotta get the normal one.

You wait till it's out.

Most people won't have the epic mount skill by the time Dire Maul rolls around anyway, so you're fine. Hell, as a warlock aiming for the Dreadsteed quest, I'd be more worried about the gold cost it will entail.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lol thinking leveling is really that difficult in Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you’re running around with no direction.
    Lol thinking everyone is as much of a no life nerd as yourself. Ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Only the most hardcore of the hardcore, will be able to level up and farm the 1000 gold you need to get a epic mount before phase 2 releases.
    Or anyone with Auction addon and Azeroth Auto Pilot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    A lot of people are talking about leveling speed, but the real problem is going to be the gold. There will be no economy, and it will take a while to get to a point where there is 1000g available for regular players to make. Not to mention the gold sink of leveling and other costs from just leveling. And then once you make it, if you forsake all other gearing and optimization, you can go get your epic mount.

You'll also need to find someone who leveled just as quickly as you did and did their professions, to make the arcanite bar.
    Double gathering and sell everything or enchanter.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Lol thinking everyone is as much of a no life nerd as yourself. Ignorance is bliss.
    the people who wanna rush it will make the time for it as they have every expansion

People will be well into the Molten Core by 2020.

You do realize that 116 hours is like 1 hour a day for rest of the year?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    plenty of people will be 60 within the first week
    Not without account sharing, no. That would take well over 16 hours a day for whole week.

Or well, I guess it could be possible solo as well. As long as you literally do nothing else than eat, sleep and level up as efficiently as possible. Though I very much doubt "plenty" of people will do that. Seems pretty stupid to even do that anyway seeing there's barely anything to do end game wise in the launch.
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2019-07-11 at 08:25 AM.

I think p2 will drop right after New Year’s, and only pretty hardcore players will be 60 by then. The kinds of players that won’t have a lot of trouble ponying up 1000 gold.

I think a lot of people will hit 60 during the holidays, actually, the game will have been out 4 months and people willfinish it off instead of arguing with their in-laws.
    shh in before people tell you that its normal to spend 10h+ /week in a video game

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    You do realize that 116 hours is like 1 hour a day for rest of the year?

- - - Updated - - -

Not without account sharing, no. That would take well over 16 hours a day for whole week.

Or well, I guess it could be possible solo as well. As long as you literally do nothing else than eat, sleep and level up as efficiently as possible. Though I very much doubt "plenty" of people will do that. Seems pretty stupid to even do that anyway seeing there's barely anything to do end game wise in the launch.
    account sharing was going on in vanila,today people dont even bother to hide it wile streaming lol

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    shh in before people tell you that its normal to spend 10h+ /week in a video game
    In an MMO? Yes it is lol

There is a pattern to these things. You load all your play time/grinding right in front of release then you slow go to raid logging as your bank fills and you get everything else done...

You could be a very casual player but take a few days off work to level to 60. Just like casual players take days off to level up on a new expansion

10 hours a week for a whole year sure that's outside the norm. BUt if you can't put in 10 hours in the first few weeks why even bother? Go play a game that better fits with your schedule
    Last edited by Mukind; 2019-07-11 at 08:34 AM.

I think p2 will drop right after New Year’s, and only pretty hardcore players will be 60 by then.
    Dude, you can be 60 by then playing 1 hour a day. Not exactly "pretty hardcore".

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    10h+..a week?dude thats less than your averege casual plays what the heck