Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    i played swtor on it's terrrrible hero engine on an integrated graphics card in a budget book in like 2012 or whenever it released. 99% sure that was integrated graphics thing was cheap

Anything will run if you drop the resolution and fps down low enough lol

Raiding was terrible tho so it eventually forced me to upgrade. Part of it was i'm sure network/server problems. But part of it was my computer was refusing to load in reticles lol

laptop is now on garage duty probably rusting through due to all this humidity
    Not the 60 fps that is being asked for here though. I imagine in SWTOR any of the mist on there out in open world things and in most caves just murdered that computer. Yes you can play game at low settings on almost any computer built in the last decade. Being able to turn them on and being able to play 1080p at 60 fps isn't going to happen though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    First of all, 2004 was 15 years ago, not 12. Also it's been pointed out several times that the game has been updated many times over the years and its requirements are far more than some game that was released in 2004 and never updated.
    Does not matter. Textures are old. Mechanics are old. Models are old. Polygons are few. And new API just makes things faster and better, so it'll work even better than 12 years ago.

May be you'll have to switch off new water or shadows. But that's about it. It won't be worse than 12 years ago anyway.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-07-14 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    That bottom right laptop is a generation older than mine and looks to run well enough on 1080p low. Might be possible to run at 60fps on this, thanks
    LOL. Nobody can help you at this point.

My old macbook 2010 with a core2duo and 320M is able to run 1080p 45fps/low alone in stormwind at night watching the ground in the auction house. It goes down to 20fps at any other time (low pop server) and gets into single digits as soon as I see 5+ players in action.

Good luck with your 1080p/60 dream.
    -

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    LOL. Nobody can help you at this point.

My old macbook 2010 with a core2duo and 320M is able to run 1080p 45fps/low alone in stormwind at night watching the ground in the auction house. It goes down to 20fps at any other time (low pop server) and gets into single digits as soon as I see 5+ players in action.

Good luck with your 1080p/60 dream.
    That's half a decade older laptop in bfa. Why is resding so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Does not matter. Textures are old. Mechanics are old. Models are old. Polygons are few. And new API just makes things faster and better, so it'll work even better than 12 years ago.

May be you'll have to switch off new water or shadows. But that's about it. It won't be worse than 12 years ago anyway.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. Go to Elwynn, then go to Jade Forest and tell me the trees look the same. Turn water down to off so it's like in 2004 and then turn it to ultra and say it's the same. Mog into your T1 and then into a modern set and tell me they have the same polygons. You're also completely ignoring the updated character models. If you want a good comparison there if you played in Legion go to your class hall mission board. Select one of the player character followers, then click on Hogger to see another 2004 model and tell me they're the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Don't let them hype up ryzen to you. Intel was the right choice. Very few games care about more than 4 cores of performance. Even hyper threading is useless in just about all games but battlefield.
    Well, yeah, Intel performs better in games right now (Well, some games), but AMD's iGPUs are actually competent compared to Intels' which are fucking garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

That's half a decade older laptop in bfa. Why is resding so hard?
    You're using a chip with the HD630 gpu (probably? Not sure if they use the same gpu chip on mobile as desktop)
    The HD 630 is ~2.5 times better than the 320m, so assuming linear performance scaling (Not happening), you're fine for 1080p60 with low settings in desolate areas.

And since the Classic client is a modified Legion client, it'll be relatively the same performance as in BFA, maybe a bit better

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. Go to Elwynn, then go to Jade Forest and tell me the trees look the same. Turn water down to off so it's like in 2004 and then turn it to ultra and say it's the same. Mog into your T1 and then into a modern set and tell me they have the same polygons. You're also completely ignoring the updated character models. If you want a good comparison there if you played in Legion go to your class hall mission board. Select one of the player character followers, then click on Hogger to see another 2004 model and tell me they're the same.
    What are you talking about? There won't be new character models or new trees or modern sets in Classic. Shoo!

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It is based on the modern client, and you're looking at the lowest settings and not 60 FPS. :/
    I got 60 fps but I'm not on beta, this is during stress test. AMD A10-9600p Radeon R5
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    That was the end of beta event. A similar situation would've never went so smoothly if it was with BfA.
    Not to say you're wrong, but it's very possible they spun up extra server blades for that event, more than they'd do for normal operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunola View Post
    According to Notebookcheck (can´t post links yet) the card averages 48 fps on Medium settings with a 1024 x 768 resolution. 720p with low settings should be possible I guess
    This is pretty accurate. Was playing for a bit on a macbook pro 13 2017 and it would get me right around there and was definitely playable for a few hours without super ridiculous overheating either even when I was in LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

My 6 year old dirt cheap laptop had no issues with it on lowest settings at 1080. A toaster can run the game.

What are you talking about? There won't be new character models or new trees or modern sets in Classic. Shoo!
    But the classic client is still running on the modern client, not the 2004. Grow up.

You'll be fine. It's 12-year old game. Don't worry.
    Do not listen to this person. The content they are pushing is 15 years old, but they are using the modern engine. You will need the current recommended PC specs to play WoW classic.
    RETH

you will be fine, but you will probably still be CPU limited. So be sure to turn shadows and ground clutter off, and find a view distance that works well. Do not expect 60fps except in small instances and outdoor areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

Vanilla was never playable with a potatoe. People who used to play with low end systems did only watch slideshows in raids or any high-pop-areas.
    A 3.4GHz IntelP4 was a bare minimum and you really wanted to spend money on the higher Core2Duo's as soon they were on the market.

Shit hardware = shit gaming experience and thats true for WoW since 15 years.
    That's pretty much exactly the opposite of vanilla. One of the reasons WoW grew so much is because it was super accessible to everyone on a wide range of hardware, while every other mmo was going for more realistic graphics.

Hell, the original requirements only listed an 800mhz or higher CPU, with 32MB of gfx memory. I ran shit hardware for the longest time, and raided fine, back then 20-30 fps wasn't a problem.

OPs problem is that they're running the newer engine, but he should probably still be fine if he's running low/medium. Intel 630 isn't that bad

10+ Year Old Account
    But the classic client is still running on the modern client, not the 2004. Grow up.
    Yes, and modern client is optimized to use very fast modern API and better distributes its load across multiple CPU cores. So with modern client requirements are even lower than in 1.12. It's very efficient and fast client! The only thing that could be worse today is RAM consumption. Probably you won't be able to play WoW on 256 MB computer, you'll need 512MB - 1GB at least and 2-4 preferably for modern addons. But that should not be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my question is this: What does it matter?

You can't change the hardware, the laptop you have is the laptop you have. You aren't going to buy a new one (which is totally fine).

When Classic comes out, play it, and find out how it plays by that time. That's... really all there is to it. Does people's experience playing the beta change anything or a decision on your end?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

it will definitely be more than fine.

I play currently all the time BFA on a Macbook AIR (smaller version of macbooks)
    and i do absolutely fine even in crowded zones. Obviously i set the graphics to the lowest and except resolution i keep on highest possible.

I constantly have 30+ fps. Today it was the first time i had <30fps and dropped to 11fps which was in Epic Battleground Ashran with all people zerging in mid.

Here are my speccs:

Of my Macbook Air (2014)

Intel HD Graphics 5000 processor with up to 1.5 GB LPDDR3 SDRAM shared from main memory
    1.4 GHz (i5-4260U) dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3 MB shared L3 cache
    4 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM

honestly i love it how good its doing and i also love how good the wow client is. A lot of older games even from 2010 around have much more trouble to run on it than WoW. Its just amazing to sit in the garden playing wow fluent on it

And i am pretty sure Vanilla will run even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Which really doesn't matter because people have already shown that performance on Classic is comparable to the performance on a 1.12 client. BfA performance isn't similar at all to Classic performance.
    And we've already shown that 1.12 on some illegal pirated server isn't at all similar to anything that Blizzard actually did. All these "I did such and such while breaking the law look how cool I am" guys need to be permabanned.

It's a newish ultrabook, not a setup from 2004 and last I checked this game is from 2004...
    ... dear god, not this again. This game is not from 2004. Almost every piece of code has been updated at least twice, some dozens of times. Its a thoroughly modern game.
    Yeah, I know modern games run like ass but this isn't really a modern game, the 1.12 from 2006 client ran just fine at 1080p 60fps on this setup when I tried it like a year back. I'm just worried about the 2019 version isn't so easy
    It wont be, because it isn’t running on a 14 year old engine. Its running in the modern engine. Classic is not Vanilla. Its Vanilla’s database and gameplay imported into the modern engine.

That being said...

I wouldnt expect it to be has hard on systems as BfA simply because they are also using period-accurate lighting sources, model complexity, and density, so there is still less to render. It wont be like trying to run 1.12, but it wont be as rough as trying to run the modern game.

Still wouldn’t expect a miracle though. 1080p/30 maybe (at low settings) With dips.

Recommendation:

Build a rig if you care for a decent gaming experience. You could literally throw together a good rig to run WoW (and even most modern AAA games) at 1080p for about 350$ right now.

Example:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CCfB8Y

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI - B450M PRO-M2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($37.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Team - MS30 256 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($22.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12III 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($41.98 @ Newegg)
    Custom: Refurb RX 470 (Sapphire) ($75.00)
    Total: $342.83
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-16 00:01 EDT-0400
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2019-07-16 at 04:01 AM.