Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To be honest. I think game has more than enough races already.
    It's already inconsistent ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by sandini View Post
    Instead of a entirely new race I would love to see a new take on the Nathrezim.
    Now without Sageras as their jailor there could bei a good story told about them
    I agree with you. They kinda seem to have their own agency.

Also I would like to have other races polished.
    Last edited by Mermeoth; 2019-07-17 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think it would be interesting to have a "noble demon" type of playable race of WoW - a role that, ideally in my opinion, could best be played by the Aldrachi (a race introduced in Legion and unfortunately driven extinct by the Legion in the past). Perhaps a number of them fled their besieged world while their king, Toranaar, delayed their final days by personally challenging Sargeras himself and dying for his pains.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-07-17 at 11:50 AM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Harpies is likely a holdover from the fact that the game engine didn't actually support flying back when they were originally introduced. Pretty sure there is 0 reason why they couldn't properly make literally anything with wings that currently exists in the game into a proper flying enemy now that Flight has been fully coded into all world areas. Of course, everyone also remembers those goddamned birds on Sethekk Rise in BC, so most people would probably hate that :P

Also, true flying enemies with a proper AI would likely be a pain in the ass, since you can't attack while mounted, and if they were well coded, they would keep distance and elevation, making them annoying to fight on mele characters.
    Oh was not even thinking of an AI. I was more thinking on the animations.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Harpies is likely a holdover from the fact that the game engine didn't actually support flying back when they were originally introduced. Pretty sure there is 0 reason why they couldn't properly make literally anything with wings that currently exists in the game into a proper flying enemy now that Flight has been fully coded into all world areas. Of course, everyone also remembers those goddamned birds on Sethekk Rise in BC, so most people would probably hate that :P
    The game still doesnt support flying. Closest thing is "swimming in the air" that everything with wings uses, flying mounts included.

Oh, and that stupid jousting quest in Hyjal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The game still doesnt support flying. Closest thing is "swimming in the air" that everything with wings uses, flying mounts included.

Oh, and that stupid jousting quest in Hyjal.
    "Swimming through the air" is pretty much what flying is in a world that has no demonstrable wind currents. Actual flying using the physics of flight would be a tough thing to model in a game engine not devoted entirely to the mechanics of flight.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Not a race, but I'd like a creature based on Typhon from Greek mythology. As in a proper representation, not a half-assed one like in God of War 2 where he was just yet another titan as opposed to the unique monster he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Moonrabbits as future horde race. They will come from moon, prove that elune doesn't exist and deal with rest of night elves.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love some creatures inspired by the Witcher universe;

- Cockatrices
    - Forktails
    - Foglets
    - Nekkers
    - Ekimmaras or just cool vampires (maybe an expansion on what we have now with the San'layen)
    - Chorts/fiends

I would also love an updated Dragon model with better animations and a bit more weight to it. Right now dragons don't have the dimension they could have!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think it would be interesting to have a "noble demon" type of playable race of WoW - a role that, ideally in my opinion, could best be played by the Aldrachi (a race introduced in Legion and unfortunately driven extinct by the Legion in the past). Perhaps a number of them fled their besieged world while their king, Toranaar, delayed their final days by personally challenging Sargeras himself and dying for his pains.
    I don't think warrior race would flee when their king dies. That said, in Twofold Light there is one Aldrachi alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Moonrabbits as future horde race. They will come from moon, prove that elune doesn't exist and deal with rest of night elves.
    I like that idea.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I don't think warrior race would flee when their king dies. That said, in Twofold Light there is one Aldrachi alive.
    Depends on whether or not they're pragmatic enough to recognize their end when it shows up. We know very little of the Aldrachi aside from the fact that their society seemed to be very spartan and meritocratic - and that they refused to bend their knee to their Legion when offered a place with the demons by Sargeras. Surviving the destruction of their world and the mass-genocide of their people would be the ultimate refusal of the Aldrachi people to submit to their presumed fate, but if they favored honor over reason then it's likely they're now only a memory.

Depends on whether or not they're pragmatic enough to recognize their end when it shows up. We know very little of the Aldrachi aside from the fact that their society seemed to be very spartan and meritocratic - and that they refused to bend their knee to their Legion when offered a place with the demons by Sargeras. Surviving the destruction of their world and the mass-genocide of their people would be the ultimate refusal of the Aldrachi people to submit to their presumed fate, but if they favored honor over reason then it's likely they're now only a memory.
    It depends whether they fit into Saurfang's Horde or not.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It depends whether they fit into Saurfang's Horde or not.
    We'd need to know more about them as a people to know where they'd ultimately fit - on the face of it I see them as more Horde-aligned (given their obvious martial bent) but that could change depending on how their society was modeled as so forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'd need to know more about them as a people to know where they'd ultimately fit - on the face of it I see them as more Horde-aligned (given their obvious martial bent) but that could change depending on how their society was modeled as so forth.
    The only requirement is saying "honor" all over. Im sure they could do as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The only requirement is saying "honor" all over. Im sure they could do as much.
    I'm not sure they'd be inclined to, really. From what you read of them concerning Toranaar's Warblades that the Slayer goes on to inherit, their culture was a very strict meritocracy to the point of family slaying family if it was required. They would likely put the Orcs to shame when it comes to embodying the trope of the "warrior culture."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure they'd be inclined to, really. From what you read of them concerning Toranaar's Warblades that the Slayer goes on to inherit, their culture was a very strict meritocracy to the point of family slaying family if it was required. They would likely put the Orcs to shame when it comes to embodying the trope of the "warrior culture."
    Then they must be purged or anduinized. Or learn the taste of honorfangs honor, honordesu.

As long as they don't do it from behind Saurfang would be OK with it. If they do it from behind but on a large scale, he'd be OK with it too, because he's consistent like that.

Or maybe not, it all depends on what the magical 8-ball of muh honor that substitutes for his brain tells him what honor means on any given day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would very much like to see a lot of creatures from the Belgariad and Mallorean by David Eddings to receive a homage in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Add the Skaven to wow. They would destroy the alliance and the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think Indian/Arabian/Persian mythological creatures could be tapped into for the Ethereals, and we could visit variations of cosmic/demonic versions of them on Karesh. Kinda like how Draenor fel-warps certain creatures into withered or demonic variations, Karesh would have void-warped versions of creatures

- Rakhshasa, tiger-like creatures that were void-warped
    - Asura, four-armed humanoid creatures
    - Makara, a large whale-like creature with elephant nose
    - Garuda, large avian creature
    I do like the sound of this. Pretty much anything you can imagine from Western fantasy (and with Pandaria, a decent amount of Eastern fantasy) has already been covered or given the Blizzard re-imagining at this point. Middle-Eastern and Indian is the only culture that hasn't been explored much (outside of the Egyptian influence on AQ and Uldum) and I agree that K'aresh and the Ethereals would be a great way to add that.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it would be interesting to have a "noble demon" type of playable race of WoW
    This was sort of covered by the Draenei, to be honest, since they were a subversion of the Eredar. I wouldn't mind seeing the Aldrachi and other Legion-conquered races (particularly the Nathrezim) being explored more thoroughly though. We do know from Chronicles that while some races were converted into demons (like the Eredar) there are some borne of the Twisting Nether that were never anything but fel monsters.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see a fully fleshed out Centaur or Dryad race.

There are alot of Centaur around, especially in Desolace but they don't really seem that big of a deal but with a bit of work they could be really cool.

As a playable race though.. I guess mounts would become an obstacle but they could just give you the old Tauren plainsrunning or w/e it was called and have you sprout wings like a pegasus for flying
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru