Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    shakii the wolf , old 1995 pc game platformer

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Eternal Darkness for Gamecube.

Really good game too, I'm sure some people have heard of it but most people who I bring it up to have no idea what I'm talking about. Easily one of the better games on the Gamecube too.
    Some of the low-sanity effects were really effective, that game made me search for the remote I thought I sat on, check the connections for the controllers and roll my eyes at the early "You Win! Watch out for the Sequel Coming Soon!"

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    Putt putt travel through time, idk
    I've played the shit out of putt putt enters the race.

Cold Fear, Obscure, Obscure 2 : The Aftermath, I played these 3 games as a kid and when I played them I couldn't bring myself to finish them so I traded them in at gamestop . I was 14 at the time. I was a fan of the Resident Evil series and these games are very similar. The Obscure series was particularly interesting because it could be played co-op, it was cool to be able play a horror game with fixed camera angles with a friend. The fixed camera made it so spooky especially with timed objectives. I always wanted to be able to play RE or RE2 co-op so I was excited when I found these games, since then I've watched full playthoughs of each game on youtube and I wish I would've finished them because I enjoyed playing them, they were just too spooky lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ergunk View Post

This game was really amazing, i really felt like it was ahead of its time and I rarely see it being mentioned.
    It kinda reminds you of GTA set in London but with a more realistic story.
    My aunt bought me this game for Christmas (2002) if i recall correctly, her face when she walked in and it was on a cutscene in a strippers club.
    The physics of the game were amazing for it's time.

OT: James Pond ( Not a typo )

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Rampart.

One of my favorite SNES games.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Magic of Scheherazade

It was a Zelda-like action RPG for the NES. It had an awesome soundtrack.

Also Snow Bros.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-07-24 at 05:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Codename Eagle - 1999 release, was popular in the internet cafes around at the time. Single-Player and Multiplayer, early taste of future Battlefield games.

Death to the Alliance. Death to the Horde. Death to the Living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh... Soul Nomad & the World Eaters, maybe. I know Disgaea and its main spinoffs are decently popular but I've never seen anyone mention that one (the best one) here.

I picked up Drakan: The Ancients' Gates in a bargain bin once and played the shit out of that too. Never seen that series talked about here; I didn't even know it was a sequel until about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post

I don't know how far I'd go with the "nobody has ever heard of it" part, since the game is apparently available on Steam now, but yeah. I played the shit out of it as a kid in the 90's. There was also a Deadlock 2. It felt more like a half-assed expansion than a sequel (no new races or much different from the original, just a new offline campaign and a few tweaks), but I played it and had fun with it. Very much worth a look if you like turn-based strategy games.

Shame that the company behind Deadlock went down the shitter a long time ago. I don't have high hopes that Deadlock 3 will ever be a thing.
    I thought it was a pretty famous game?

its a good one either way and the theme song is absolute brilliance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Didn't read through the whole thread, and sadly I come from the era where games started becoming a bit more accessible.

If ppl aren't from slavic countries, they might not know Nu Pogodi games, which is more like Russian Tom&Jerry and they had some computer game, it was kinda fun.

I wonder if anyone remembers Warzone 2100, that was a slightly popular RTS game, I think.

Edit: Oh! This made me nostalgic and remind me of NetStorm. I think that's a fairly uncommon game.
    the only Nu pogodi game i can think of is the VERY ancient handheld where you played a wolf catching eggs, thrown down by the rabbit :P did I miss some other games???

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    This is still actively updated. If you have not played it in the last 10-15 years they actually redid the entire graphics engine.

https://wz2100.net/
    Yeah, I'm aware of it. And I was surprised when I found out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the only Nu pogodi game i can think of is the VERY ancient handheld where you played a wolf catching eggs, thrown down by the rabbit :P did I miss some other games???
    I'm not actually sure, I was super young when I last played it - perhaps it was just wolf catching eggs. I guess it looks much different to a child's brain.
    Last edited by Illusions; 2019-07-24 at 08:56 PM.

Silent bomber on PS1

Apologies if anyone mentioned it, but my first MMO was Dark Age of Camelot, a game that had realm versus realm which I loved. Haven't run into too many people that have played it...as in anyone besides my hubby and me. I played a LOT of MMO's, like Horizons (now Ishtaria), Shadowbane, Aion, and others. Some are still around, most aren't. Warhammer was fun, but got a lot of crap for being a WoW knock-off when WoW is actually the knock-off of Warhammer.

Non-MMO game that I love and still play? Ghostmaster. Where instead of hunting down ghosts to get rid of, you play as a, well, ghost master, who uses ghost to scare off humans or get them to help you with your objectives. The game parodied a lot of actual movies, like Evil Dead, Poltergeist (Poultry-geist), Ghostbusters, and I always had a lot of fun in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    My aunt bought me this game for Christmas (2002) if i recall correctly, her face when she walked in and it was on a cutscene in a strippers club.
    The physics of the game were amazing for it's time.

OT: James Pond ( Not a typo )
    Heard of it but never played it, I did have the sequel RoboCod.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I thought it was a pretty famous game?

its a good one either way and the theme song is absolute brilliance
    Yeah, I dunno. Maybe it was famous/popular in its time. I just remember playing it as a kid, and I've never heard anyone else talk about it.

Drakan: the ancient gates or some such

Gladius, Original Xbox.

Ali Baba and the fourty thieves on Atari 800

10+ Year Old Account
    Impossible creatures was one of my favourite games as a kid. It was a wacky quirky rts that had surprisingly good mechanics and depth